2014-2015 Quinnipiac Bobcats: "I hear Boston is nice in April"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2014-2015 Quinnipiac Bobcats: "I hear Boston is nice in April"

HUGE win last night! Not sure what happened on the overturned goal, mainly because Bill and Kotsy sounded pretty confused on the air. I'll trust the call of the refs, though that is something that is awfully difficult to do at times in this league. Either way, to take two points at Lynah and maintain the three-point lead of the Larrys is big. Also, congrats to Garteig for his program-record 11th career shutout. He is a big reason why this team that many thought was in a rebuild season are currently on top of the ECAC standings.

Side note: any of you (Bob)cats see this tweet (https://***********/CornellWAFT/status/563891952031379457) from last night? Could not find anything else online through an ultra-quick google search to back it up. Could be interesting. One thing it has done is given some of those in this league that do not care for our program a forum to once again state their displeasure. Fun stuff

Anywho, another big game tonight. With things so close in the PWR, every game matters. Especially considering there are some REAL big games coming up in the final three weekends (SLU, Yale, Hahvahd). Should be a fun end to the regular season!

Go Bobcats!

Comment

Originally posted by MSchvatz44 View Post
      HUGE win last night! Not sure what happened on the overturned goal, mainly because Bill and Kotsy sounded pretty confused on the air. I'll trust the call of the refs, though that is something that is awfully difficult to do at times in this league. Either way, to take two points at Lynah and maintain the three-point lead of the Larrys is big. Also, congrats to Garteig for his program-record 11th career shutout. He is a big reason why this team that many thought was in a rebuild season are currently on top of the ECAC standings.

Side note: any of you (Bob)cats see this tweet (https://***********/CornellWAFT/status/563891952031379457) from last night? Could not find anything else online through an ultra-quick google search to back it up. Could be interesting. One thing it has done is given some of those in this league that do not care for our program a forum to once again state their displeasure. Fun stuff

Anywho, another big game tonight. With things so close in the PWR, every game matters. Especially considering there are some REAL big games coming up in the final three weekends (SLU, Yale, Hahvahd). Should be a fun end to the regular season!

Go Bobcats!
      Let 'em hate us off the ice. We'll keep kicking their asses on the ice.

Oh, sorry. Is that not sportsmanlike enough? Oh well. Pretty sick and tired of that whole debate.

Comment

Nice win tonight. First 12 seconds were tough, obviously . Also wasn't a fan of how they looked in the third period. They seemed a bit complacent with a three-goal lead, and let Colgate at least make things somewhat interesting. That said, overall it is hard to complain about a four point weekend in Ithica/Hamilton. Really sets this team up in an interesting position over the final three weeks.

Next week's game is huge, no doubt. A win over the Larrys Friday night would not only put this team in the driver's seat for the Cleary Cup, but also be nice PWR booster. Wish I could be there for the game, but it looks like my next trip up to Hamden will be for the Brown game.

Now, correct me if I am wrong, but I am pretty sure that a QU victory over Larry on Friday, paired with loses from two of Yale, Harvard, Dartmouth and Clarkson, will clinch a first round bye. There are some pretty interesting matchups scheduled next week, so a clinched bye is certainly a possibility for Friday.

Comment

Huge weekend! Four points on the road. Need to keep the pedal down and motor on.
          Quinnipiac Bobcats
          2023 National Champions
          ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
          ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
          East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
          Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
          Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
          Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Great Job this weekend!!! Those were 4 HUGE points.

The first two periods tonight were the best I think I have seen them play. Defense was phenomenal and passing was spot on. I agree about the third period.

Friday should be a great game. Saint Lawrence is on fire right now. I really wish I could make it up for the game.

Comment

Four points! I was able to catch bits and pieces today, that first goal Quinnipiac scored -- woof. Not the best goaltending you'll ever see.

Thought QU had a little shaky decision-making at times in the offensive zone and in their breakouts, but can't complain about a four-point weekend.

Comment

Got to watch all the game tonight and just the OT last night. Loved the bounce back after a terrible start tonight. 3rd period as mentioned was very weak.

13th in the Pairwise is better than 15. Q has every chance to increase that to 8 or so. Losing at home would be tough for the Pairwise rank. 4 home wins would all but guarantee a third straight trip to the NCAA's before the ECAC quarters. Not trying to get to ahead of ourselves though. All focus shifts to our friends from North Country
                Quinnipiac University '15
                ECAC Regular Season Champs: 2013, 2015, 2016
                ECAC Championship: 2016
                NCAA Tournament: 2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
                NCAA Frozen Four: 2013, 2016
                Yuck Fale : 2013

Comment

Originally posted by ZYanksRule View Post
                  Let 'em hate us off the ice. We'll keep kicking their asses on the ice.

Oh, sorry. Is that not sportsmanlike enough? Oh well. Pretty sick and tired of that whole debate.
                  One of the small consolations of us going through a rough patch is that Q has temporarily assumed our traditional mantle of "most hated team in the conference."

I think you have the right idea; wear it proudly. For sure the Peca hit was bush, but there's a difference between one thug play and a thug player, or even moreso, a thug team.

As long as Garteig continues to shut us out, I predict we won't beat you.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Quinnipiac has some serious real estate in the minds of the SLU faithful. Wish I had something to spew hate at on an Internet message board.

Comment

Originally posted by BigAl View Post
                      Got to watch all the game tonight and just the OT last night. Loved the bounce back after a terrible start tonight. 3rd period as mentioned was very weak.

13th in the Pairwise is better than 15. Q has every chance to increase that to 8 or so. Losing at home would be tough for the Pairwise rank. 4 home wins would all but guarantee a third straight trip to the NCAA's before the ECAC quarters. Not trying to get to ahead of ourselves though. All focus shifts to our friends from North Country

i really hope that the students realize the importance of this game and turnout in numbers. Hopefully the school can help get the word out about the game (I am looking at you, BigAl!)

Comment

i really hope that the students realize the importance of this game and turnout in numbers.
                        Student turnout has been great all season (possibly the best ever at the Bank, at least in terms of numbers). I see no reason why this weekend would be any different.

Needless to say, Friday is shaping up to be the single biggest game of the season. SLU is on fire right now and playing their best hockey. We still have room for improvement but it seems like we're at least headed in the right direction.

As for the ongoing debate, I really don't understand everything. I have heard a little of the "inside info" but really can't figure out the rest of it. I've always felt is was based on envy due to our level of success in the short time we've been in the league... maybe I'm wrong. I've met several SLU fans and think they're great guys who have a deep love for their program and its history. I said a few years ago that I'd be happy if QU could build half of that history and tradition and I'd like to think we're on our way.

What gets me is when it gets personal. It's one thing to trash talk (and we all do it) but it's something completely different (and wrong IMHO) to air most of this stuff publicly. Needless to say, a bunch of guys arguing on an internet message board settles nothing...

Me.... I'm here for the hockey!
                        Quinnipiac Bobcats
                        2023 National Champions
                        ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                        ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                        East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
                        Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
                        Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                        Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

I am looking at you, BigAl!
                          Nothing needs to be done for the students to realize it's a big game. The knowledge of the team and its surroundings has grown tremendously since you left
                          Quinnipiac University '15
                          ECAC Regular Season Champs: 2013, 2015, 2016
                          ECAC Championship: 2016
                          NCAA Tournament: 2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
                          NCAA Frozen Four: 2013, 2016
                          Yuck Fale : 2013

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
                            Student turnout has been great all season (possibly the best ever at the Bank, at least in terms of numbers). I see no reason why this weekend would be any different.

Needless to say, Friday is shaping up to be the single biggest game of the season. SLU is on fire right now and playing their best hockey. We still have room for improvement but it seems like we're at least headed in the right direction.

As for the ongoing debate, I really don't understand everything. I have heard a little of the "inside info" but really can't figure out the rest of it. I've always felt is was based on envy due to our level of success in the short time we've been in the league... maybe I'm wrong. I've met several SLU fans and think they're great guys who have a deep love for their program and its history. I said a few years ago that I'd be happy if QU could build half of that history and tradition and I'd like to think we're on our way.

What gets me is when it gets personal. It's one thing to trash talk (and we all do it) but it's something completely different (and wrong IMHO) to air most of this stuff publicly. Needless to say, a bunch of guys arguing on an internet message board settles nothing...

Me.... I'm here for the hockey!
                            Well said, Mark.

Trusting your judgement, I will defer to you on your interactions with some of the St. Lawrence folk. My lone impressions of their fan base stem from what I have seen on this internet board. It is just frustrating to read people knock my school, especially when the shots are constant, superfluous and seem quite personal.

As for the students, you are right. Just being an alum myself, it is difficult for me to trust the student section coming out in numbers and being in full voice. When in school, I was always one of those guys that led chants and tried to keep the section vocal. Maybe it is a bit of hubris because I have since graduated, but I still do not think the student section is as loud, consistently, as it could be. Hopefully they prove me wrong over the next two weekends.

Comment

Originally posted by BigAl View Post
                              Nothing needs to be done for the students to realize it's a big game. The knowledge of the team and its surroundings has grown tremendously since you left
                              Good to hear. I look forward to seeing a packed house this Friday!

Comment

Originally posted by MinniQUFan View Post
                                Quinnipiac has some serious real estate in the minds of the SLU faithful. Wish I had something to spew hate at on an Internet message board.
                                Honestly I think most of it comes from a couple usual suspects. The same guys used to clutch their pearls about us. For the most part, the SLU fanbase recognizes that right now Q is a quality hockey program.

As far as the academic argument about whether Q fits better in HE or the ECAC, we all have our opinions and none of those opinions are going to change anything. Q's going to do what's best for them.

We've already got our two losses to you out of the way, so we're rooting for you to win out in the RS.
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X