Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2014-2015 Quinnipiac Bobcats: "I hear Boston is nice in April"

Originally posted by Got 6, Want More View Post
    No Mark, this is every bit as much about the reasons the coach used profanity and the reason is that everyone outside of Hamden is sick of his embarrassing behavior.
    You seriously need to relax. Get off your high horse, take a second, and relax.

Comment

Originally posted by MSchvatz44 View Post
      Won't get an argument from me on that one. CC: ThxMuch

Points 1-2, 4-5: For the bajillionth time, nobody is arguing whether or not it was a major-and-a-game; of course it was. The question here is whether Rand was allowed to ask for embellishment in the heat of the moment to protect arguably one his top players. He did. Was he wrong? Seems like it. But he had a right to ask for it. Did Schafer have a right to be upset about Rand? Yup. Should he have used profanity in a public forum against one of his peers? Nope. That is about the crux of the situation.

Point 6: Play defense. Stop crying.

Point 7-9: Probably should have at least been looked at. Again though, play better in the third. Stop crying.
      The "stop crying" bit would be way more powerful if I was actually crying about anything.

Re 1-5: Q radio sure took exception to the penalty being called. I don't think I was defending Schafer above, do you?
      Re 6: People got mad that the game got chippy/out of hand. It's the other side of running up the score and you can't fault one side and not the other.
      Re 7-9: Now I'm crying because I said Q deserved to win the game? Jeez. Tough crowd.
      Give My Regards to Davy...

Comment

• Originally posted by LGR03 View Post
        The "stop crying" bit would be way more powerful if I was actually crying about anything.

Re 1-5: Q radio sure took exception to the penalty being called. I don't think I was defending Schafer above, do you?
        Re 6: People got mad that the game got chippy/out of hand. It's the other side of running up the score and you can't fault one side and not the other.
        Re 7-9: Now I'm crying because I said Q deserved to win the game? Jeez. Tough crowd.
        You were not defending Schafer, that was more so directed to this topic as a whole. Also, I am agreeing with you in terms of the broadcast. That specifically has been a talking point for a while amongst my friends and I.

Yes, running up a score can make the game chippy. I believe part of that can also be attributed to the losing team's frustration over their own performance. Want a team to stop scoring; play better defense. And if my memory serves me right, they only scored one goal in the third period of game two. That said, can you really blame a team that is facing elimination (and trying to ensure a no. 1 NCAA tourney seed) that much for trying to ensure they weren't going to lose the game?

Either way, this next meeting between these two teams will be must-watch hockey. Hopefully I can make the trip up to Cornell

Comment

• Originally posted by Got 6, Want More View Post
          the tussle was in the handshake line between players who don't like looking over and seeing the opposing coach accusing them of diving after one of their teammates got HFB.
          Originally posted by Got 6, Want More
          When you assume you make a bigger *** out of yourself than usual.
          Quinnipiac Bobcats
          2023 National Champions
          ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
          ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
          East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
          Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
          Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
          Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Loud noises!!

Comment

Moving on......

Two big games this weekend for us. Yes the defense played extraordinary this past weekend can they replicate that on the road? Garteig seems to have turned the corner. Let's hope we see that Garteig the rest of the year.

As for Union and RPI. Union looks like they could be without Colin Stevens this weekend after he chipped a bone in his shoulder last weekend. Union has struggled mightily this year but they top have a great top line. Vecchione is one of the best players in the ECAC. If we slow him down, we slow U down tremendously. For some reason I never have a good feeling with us playing at RPI. RPI's offense is alittle suspect, but nothing is suspect about Kasdorf. He is the best goalie in the league and can win RPI a game any given night. Should be two good road games. Went up to both games last year and enjoyed myself minus our 0-1-1 weekend. Won't be going this year though, time to check out our fantastic women's team this weekend.
              Quinnipiac University '15
              ECAC Regular Season Champs: 2013, 2015, 2016
              ECAC Championship: 2016
              NCAA Tournament: 2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
              NCAA Frozen Four: 2013, 2016
              Yuck Fale : 2013

Comment

Originally posted by BigAl View Post
                Moving on......
                Now let's not make any rash decisions here. I need something to read when I'm on lunch break.

On the note about the broadcasters. I am 99% sure Kotsy can't read, but that might be because he got knocked out so many times in the NHL so I should probably give him a break. On Schweizer I don't think he is trying as much as he used to. The guy is clearly a world class broadcaster when you look back on what he's done, but sometimes I think he doesn't put forth his absolute best. I have heard his prep work is unlike anyone else so maybe it is Kotsy just dumbing him down.

Comment

Originally posted by BigAl View Post
                  For some reason I never have a good feeling with us playing at RPI.
                  I have that same anxiety with them as well for some reason. However, Quinnipiac is 4-1-2 at Houston Field House since the 2007-08 season with the lone loss coming in February of 2010. In fact, the Q is 7-2-5 against RPI since 07-08 with both losses coming in the 2009-10 campaign.

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                    Here I sit eating my popcorn enjoying the show and you had to bring up Allain. He has his past, and has actually been much calmer the past two seasons (at least on the bench, where his bench penalties were becoming a problem) He will never be much of a press conference guy either. But when it really counted, he absolutely schooled Rand. Absent my winking comment earlier, both coaches were wrong, get over it.
                    Haha, I'm glad he's relaxed a bit. I haven't dealt with him since graduating QU in 2008.

Comment

That record post got me thinking…

These are the Bobcats' home and road records vs. ECAC teams since January 28, 2007, the day the Bank opened. This does not include any league games played at Ingalls or the NIP. This includes ECAC playoff games. This does not include neutral site games.

HOME (TD Bank Sports Center) 57-35-17
                      Brown (10-2-2)
                      Clarkson (5-2-1)
                      Colgate (7-4-0)
                      Cornell (4-6-1)
                      Dartmouth (8-2)
                      Harvard (5-1-3)
                      Princeton (4-4-0)
                      RPI (3-1-3)
                      St. Lawrence (1-6-1)
                      Union (4-4-1)
                      Yale (6-1-3)

AWAY 42-42-12
                      Brown (2-3-3)
                      Clarkson (4-2-1)
                      Colgate (6-4-1)
                      Cornell (6-7-0)
                      Dartmouth (3-4-0)
                      Harvard (2-6-1)
                      Princeton (4-3-1)
                      RPI (4-1-2)
                      St. Lawrence (4-4-1)
                      Union (3-5-2)
                      Yale (4-3-0)

Comment

Originally posted by allnightwong View Post
                        That record post got me thinking…

These are the Bobcats' home and road records vs. ECAC teams since January 28, 2007, the day the Bank opened. This does not include any league games played at Ingalls or the NIP. This includes ECAC playoff games. This does not include neutral site games.

HOME (TD Bank Sports Center) 57-35-17
                        Brown (10-2-2)
                        Clarkson (5-2-1)
                        Colgate (7-4-0)
                        Cornell (4-6-1)
                        Dartmouth (8-2)
                        Harvard (5-1-3)
                        Princeton (4-4-0)
                        RPI (3-1-3)
                        St. Lawrence (1-6-1)
                        Union (4-4-1)
                        Yale (6-1-3)

AWAY 42-42-12
                        Brown (2-3-3)
                        Clarkson (4-2-1)
                        Colgate (6-4-1)
                        Cornell (6-7-0)
                        Dartmouth (3-4-0)
                        Harvard (2-6-1)
                        Princeton (4-3-1)
                        RPI (4-1-2)
                        St. Lawrence (4-4-1)
                        Union (3-5-2)
                        Yale (4-3-0)
                        I figured SLU had a great recrod against us at TD
                        Quinnipiac University '15
                        ECAC Regular Season Champs: 2013, 2015, 2016
                        ECAC Championship: 2016
                        NCAA Tournament: 2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
                        NCAA Frozen Four: 2013, 2016
                        Yuck Fale : 2013

Comment

Originally posted by MSchvatz44 View Post
                          Either way, this next meeting between these two teams will be must-watch hockey
                          In all honesty, I doubt it. Although many of them have been close, the last few years of Cornell-Q games have been pretty bad hockey. By all rights this should be an interesting clash of styles (c.f. the intense Cornell-Union games over the same period) but for whatever reason the teams have just been ragged. Now add surly and it's not likely to get better, unfortunately.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Is it too much for me to expect three points out of this weekend? I know that it will be difficult, but I think this program has reached a point where I can legitimately expect three points every weekend, and anything less is disappointing. Obviously two points would not be the worst thing in the world, but at least three points would really set QU up as a team to be taken seriously in conference play. If Garteig continues his strong play, and the defense remains solid, I think at least three is attainable.

Friday vs Union: 3-1 Q
                            Saturday vs RPI: 1-1 tie

Comment

#GameDayGold

A visit to the reigning national champs. While they're reeling a bit of late, Union is always a tough team. We'll need another complete effort just like last weekend. It will be interesting to see if the same intensity can be found on the road.

Go Q!
                              Quinnipiac Bobcats
                              2023 National Champions
                              ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                              ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                              East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
                              Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
                              Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                              Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
                                #GameDayGold

A visit to the reigning national champs. While they're reeling a bit of late, Union is always a tough team. We'll need another complete effort just like last weekend. It will be interesting to see if the same intensity can be found on the road.

Go Q!
                                They're the defending National Champs, so I have a feeling intensity won't be an issue tonight.

Go Q!

Comment

Working...
                                X