Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Union College Hockey 2014-2015 "ReUnion 2015? Why "Nott"?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Union College Hockey 2014-2015 "ReUnion 2015? Why "Nott"?

ECAC Suspends RPI's Jake Wood Two Game
    http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/ecac...wood-two-games
    "Wood has played in 23 of RPI's 27 games this season, scoring three goals and assist."
    ECAC suspends RPI’s Wood for two games
    http://blog.timesunion.com/hockey/ec...o-games/18985/
    ECAC Hockey suspends RPI's Wood two games
    http://www.dailygazette.com/weblogs/...ood-two-games/
    "Vasaturo suffered a cut on his right ear that needed stitches."
    RPI's Wood Suspended 2 Games
    http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new...ed_2_games.php

"Wood has played in 23 of RPI's 27 games this season, scoring three goals and assist."

3 J Wood Rensselaer 23 3 1 4 53 -11
    5 L Curadi Rensselaer 21 0 5 5 41 -5

So in the entire ECAC, Wood, a Sophomore, has played in 23 of RPI's 27 games and has 4 points ...... 4 points !!!! Wow !!! Which pothole in Troy did they fish this thing out of? But wait, he is a record setter. In the ECAC he is third in penalty minutes THIRD IN THE WHOLE LEAGUE !!! at 53 minutes. And his fellow Goon, Curadi is 5th in penalty minutes. Wood is -11 and Curadi is -5.

I guess at RPI there are lots of ways of making a name for yourself .....
    Last edited by Dutchman; 01-27-2015, 05:03 PM.
    DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
    DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

• Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
      ECAC Suspends RPI's Jake Wood Two Game
      http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/ecac...wood-two-games
      ECAC suspends RPI’s Wood for two games
      http://blog.timesunion.com/hockey/ec...o-games/18985/
      ECAC Hockey suspends RPI's Wood two games
      http://www.dailygazette.com/weblogs/...ood-two-games/
      RPI's Wood Suspended 2 Games
      http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new...ed_2_games.php

3 J Wood Rensselaer 23 3 1 4 53 -11
      5 L Curadi Rensselaer 21 0 5 5 41 -5

So in the entire ECAC, Wood, a Sophomore, has played in 23 of RPI's 27 games and has 4 points ...... 4 points !!!! Wow !!! Which pothole in Troy did they fish this thing out of? But wait, he is a record setter. In the ECAC he is third in penalty minutes THIRD IN THE WHOLE LEAGUE !!! at 53 minutes. And his fellow Goon, Curadi is 5th in penalty minutes. Wood is -11 and Curadi is -5.

I guess at RPI there are lots of ways of making a name for yourself .....
      Bodie and Bennett.

Comment

Originally posted by Jasma View Post
        Bodie and Bennett.
        Feeding the troll :
        Bodie had 18, 32, 32 and 57 penalty minutes and was +27, +18, +11, +28 in his 4 seasons at Union. Quite far from your joke of a "player".
        Bennett did something stupid that he should never have done. He was suspended, did his time, came back. Don't be bitter because our coach has a winning record.
        Let's go Union !
        ECAC Regular season champion : 2010-11, 2011-12, 2013-14, 2016-17
        ECAC Tournament champion : 2012, 2013, 2014
        NCAA champion : 2014

Comment

Originally posted by UFan View Post
          Feeding the troll :
          Bodie had 18, 32, 32 and 57 penalty minutes and was +27, +18, +11, +28 in his 4 seasons at Union. Quite far from your joke of a "player".
          Bennett did something stupid that he should never have done. He was suspended, did his time, came back. Don't be bitter because our coach has a winning record.
          and coached his team to a national championship

Comment

Any thoughts on the Scarfo, Novak and Foo line? They look like they just missed on three to four shots. Also, on defense it looks like we might have been confused and out of position in terms of our coverage. Wonder if its Alex's turn to start?

We got three local Mass guys who are sure to draw a crowd on Friday ....
            J.C Brassard - Scituate - Noble and Greenough
            Connor Light - Sudbury - Phillips Academy
            Mike Vecchione - Sagus - Malden Catholic
            DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
            DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

• Originally posted by UFan View Post
              Feeding the troll :
              Not bitter. Great team. Great player. Great coach. Their indiscretions were far worse than Wood's. His level of skill has no bearing on the situation.

Comment

Absolutely deliberate ...
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yG3t-TuoRc4
                Many stitches to Vasaturo's head
                Two weeks is not enough ..... Wood needs to be expelled and Seth Alpert, the Coach, fired. The rest of the season should be forfeit. The whole program can re-emerge as a D-III program under a new Coach.
                DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
                  Two weeks is not enough ..... Wood needs to be expelled and Seth Alpert, the Coach, fired. The rest of the season should be forfeit. The whole program can re-emerge as a D-III program under a new Coach.
                  I really wanted to stay away from this thread and the discussion of this incident, but this sequence of inferences is so comical that I just couldn't help myself.

Let me first say that I do not condone in the least Jake Wood's actions, and he deserves punishment. What it should be is hard for me to say since the ECAC has seemed quite inconsistent about this over the years. He certainly does not deserve a greater sentence than Coach Bennett received last season, and I don't see you wanting Bennett expelled/fired and the rest of Union's last season forfeited, etc. Bennett is a grown man. Wood, although 21, may still grow up. (Please note that I have not mentioned Bodie here yet. I think that he learned from his actions and punishment and is a better person for it.) Do you think that Appert told Wood to attempt to maim someone?

One question which has bothered me for some time. Why in the world did you decide to go to RPI for grad school? RPI is a good school (my opinion, of course), but there are other places where you could have gone and received a comparable education and not had to deal with a school which you apparently despise.

BTW, I realize that you probably have me on ignore and thus won't see this, but you did not answer my previous question in post 675.
                  Last edited by Ralph Baer; 01-28-2015, 09:52 AM. Reason: grammar
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Any thoughts on the Scarfo, Novak and Foo line? They look like they just missed on three to four shots. Also, on defense it looks like we might have been confused and out of position in terms of our coverage. Wonder if its Alex's turn to start?
                    I like the looks of the line and they did score once on Saturday night (tying goal 17 seconds into the 3rd). I think given more time together, they can wreak some havoc. Foo has been quiet since his red hot start to the season, but I think Novak can set him up a few times for some good chances.

As for the D, I completely agree - bad positioning or miscommunication, which led to the breakdowns. I remember at least 4 times they left an RPI forward all by himself right in front of the net, twice where they scored. This is part of what's been killing Union this year...we just haven't seen this in the past 4-5 years. When we did, Stevens/Grosenick/Kinkaid would stand tall.

I don't know if Bennett will turn back to Sak just yet. Stevens has played pretty well lately - I can't really blame him too much for the goals vs RPI (especially the 3rd), though the first two are the types of goals that he had stopped last year which kept Union in the game. Either way, I still see Stevens starting at Harvard.
                    Union Hockey

2014 National Champions!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by aweise View Post
                      I like the looks of the line and they did score once on Saturday night (tying goal 17 seconds into the 3rd). I think given more time together, they can wreak some havoc. Foo has been quiet since his red hot start to the season, but I think Novak can set him up a few times for some good chances.

As for the D, I completely agree - bad positioning or miscommunication, which led to the breakdowns. I remember at least 4 times they left an RPI forward all by himself right in front of the net, twice where they scored. This is part of what's been killing Union this year...we just haven't seen this in the past 4-5 years. When we did, Stevens/Grosenick/Kinkaid would stand tall.

I don't know if Bennett will turn back to Sak just yet. Stevens has played pretty well lately - I can't really blame him too much for the goals vs RPI (especially the 3rd), though the first two are the types of goals that he had stopped last year which kept Union in the game. Either way, I still see Stevens starting at Harvard.
                      ^ this

I also feel like some of our forwards are a bit shy on the D side... Block more shots, look big in the shooting lanes, be more aggressive in D (pretend it's a forecheck )
                      Let's go Union !

Comment

I really didn't want to come back to this thread and respond to you either, but as Ralph said, this is so ridiculously comical that I can't help it.

Posts like this are why you are giving yourself and the rest of your fan base a bad reputation. Wood got his punishment from the league, everyone else has moved on including most other Union fans, and yet here you are, still spam-posting to try to have things happen that never will. The inconsistency with which you apply the standards you espouse is frankly a bit astonishing. Your team are not perfect angels, either; particularly after the cheap shot Union #16 took at the leg of RPI #5 before this incident happened. I'm not condoning what Wood did, either; in fact, myself and other RPI fans have been an advocate of keeping him off the ice and I'm not sure why we play him since he seems to have trouble with discipline, but I digress. I'm looking at the stats for your team now, and by your own standards, I could call a number of your players "goons", but I know better than to do so because I don't see them often enough to make a judgement of their character as players, and I know that iffy calls and good penalties happen.

Calling for a team's season to be forfeit and a bunch of people fired and kicked out of school because of a cheap hockey play? Are you kidding me?
                        Last edited by ibanezist00; 01-28-2015, 08:14 AM.
                        Hockey is serious business. Everything else is just a game.

RPI Hockey, Syracuse Football, New York Rangers, New York Giants.

Comment

Originally posted by ibanezist00 View Post
                          I really didn't want to come back to this thread and respond to you either, but as Ralph said, this is so ridiculously comical that I can't help it.

Posts like this are why you are giving yourself and the rest of your fan base a bad reputation. Wood got his punishment from the league, everyone else has moved on including most other Union fans, and yet here you are, still spam-posting to try to have things happen that never will. The inconsistency with which you apply the standards you espouse is frankly a bit astonishing. Your team are not perfect angels, either; particularly after the cheap shot Union #16 took at the leg of RPI #5 before this incident happened. I'm not condoning what Wood did, either; in fact, myself and other RPI fans have been an advocate of keeping him off the ice and I'm not sure why we play him since he seems to have trouble with discipline, but I digress. I'm looking at the stats for your team now, and by your own standards, I could call a number of your players "goons", but I know better than to do so because I don't see them often enough to make a judgement of their character as players, and I know that iffy calls and good penalties happen.

Calling for a team's season to be forfeit and a bunch of people fired and kicked out of school because of a cheap hockey play? Are you kidding me?
                          I think you and Ralph constructed very good replies, but facts and logic will not work to sway an irrational individual. Let this person go on writing letters that will not get read and embarrassing himself or herself. This is either a very good comedy routine, or someone with very little hockey background. It is certainly not representative of a Union fan base that has been growing in numbers and sophistication in the past several years. Time to hit the ignore button.

Comment

When I read all of this, I almost wonder if Dutchman is trying to do his best impersonation of me in a parallel universe. After all, there's a reason why I've been standing back in this argument. One thing about impersonators, though, is that they usually only see a small sliver of the whole story.

Comment

Originally posted by ibanezist00 View Post
                              What Dutchman said made me laugh... I took it as a joke
                              Let's go Union !

Comment

Originally posted by UFan View Post
                                What Dutchman said made me laugh... I took it as a joke
                                I didn't regard it as a joke. It did cross my mind, however, that he could have written it purely to rile the RPI fans here, so that we would attempt to bash him into the goal -- or worse.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X