Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Union College Hockey 2014-2015 "ReUnion 2015? Why "Nott"?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Union College Hockey 2014-2015 "ReUnion 2015? Why "Nott"?

On a more positive note, attendance for this year's Mayors Cup was 8,700 which is a credit to both programs and their fans.

Comment

Originally posted by Nottme View Post
      On a more positive note, attendance for this year's Mayors Cup was 8,700 which is a credit to both programs and their fans.
      Wouldn't be shocked if it goes down next year (assuming the event happens next year); something tells me those numbers were propped up by the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
        Wouldn't be shocked if it goes down next year (assuming the event happens next year); something tells me those numbers were propped up by the fight.
        I would be surprised if it wasn't held because both coaches apparently like playing a third game, and it makes sense to me that it is at a neutral site.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Let's hope that the intensity is here again next year, without the stupid penalties at the end. What's the point ? It's a physical game but at that point in time, the game is over. And now a player is injured, another one gets kicked out and might get a suspension. Both teams loose...
          I hope Charlie is better by next week !
          Let's go Union !
          ECAC Regular season champion : 2010-11, 2011-12, 2013-14, 2016-17
          ECAC Tournament champion : 2012, 2013, 2014
          NCAA champion : 2014

Comment

• Originally posted by UFan View Post
            Let's hope that the intensity is here again next year, without the stupid penalties at the end. What's the point ? It's a physical game but at that point in time, the game is over. And now a player is injured, another one gets kicked out and might get a suspension. Both teams loose...
            I hope Charlie is better by next week !
            That hit by Wood was unnecessary, getting blown out 8-3, only makes him look bad.
            Union College Hockey
            2014 NCAA National Champions
            2012, 2013, 2014 ECAC Champions

Comment

Nice comeback, not that we were outplayed for a second in that game.

When we scored the 5th goal, I told everyone around me that Wood and Curadi were about to goon it up, not that I was going out on a limb there. Everyone knew it was going to happen, and it did, pretty much right on schedule.

Comment

Hello Union Fans:

On Saturday evening, January 25, Union College and RPI played at the Times Union Center in Albany, New York, in the third annual Mayor's Cup. With 47.5 seconds remaining in an 8-3 hockey game, with the outcome well out of reach, RPI's Jake Wood skated as hard as he could from behind into the back of our unsuspecting Captain and drove his head into the metal frame of the goal, opening up a gash in his head. Fortunately, Cheryl, our trainer, made it out to the ice quickly and was able to stop the bleeding.

In early January a Princeton University hockey recruit, Neil Dolf, suffered a spinal cord injury that has resulted in complete loss of movement to his lower body in a similar goal collision and is now paralyzed from the waist down for the rest of his life. http://www.ottawasun.com/2015/01/06/...tails-revealed

You can see this deliberate and vicious hit by the RPI player and the bloodletting that occurred all on RPI TV. You can see the blood running out of Charlie's ear
                http://www.rpitv.org/productions/895...ockey-vs-union
                Drop Down Play List - Click Period 3, Move Slide to 34, The attack is at 34.23

I also snapped still shots from the YouTube video but cannot post them on the USCHO blog.
                Figure 1 Union Captain Charlie Vasaturo is hit from behind by RPI player Jake Wood who drives Vasaturo's head into the metal goal tearing a gash in his head with much blood loss.
                Figure 2 A bleeding Charlie Vasaturo (blood gushing from his ear) is helped off the ice by the Union Trainer.

The unprovoked attack by Jake Wood, in the back, was a most cowardly and most vicious act. In my opinion, a criminal act. Jake Woods leads the Engineers in penalty minutes. The other player who participates was Luke Curadi, who is second on the team in penalty minutes.
                3 Luke Curadi RPI 2 ROUGHING 19:13 MINOR
                3 Jake Wood RPI 5 HITTING FROM BEHIND 19:13 MAJOR
                3 Jake Wood RPI 10 GAME MISCONDUCT 19:13 GAMEMISC
                Please take some action now. The safety of our student-athletes is what this is about. We are going to end up with an ECAC player paralyzed or worse if we don't action. Jake Wood should be expelled from the school and the RPI coach, Seth Alpert, fired. Call President Jackson and tell her in a polite and deservingly respectful way that her legacy will be permanently stained if she allows this RPI hockey programs dysfunctional behavior to continue. Her goal is to build a world class research institution, not a third rate, chickenxxxx hockey program.
                Last edited by Dutchman; 01-27-2015, 08:24 AM.
                DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Its easy to create an ignore list
                  #1. After logging in, go to the Top Right to Settings
                  #2. On the left side go to "My Settings"
                  #3. Go to "My Account" and click on "Edit Ignore List"
                  #4. Add a member to your list by including their username .... for example FlagDUDE08
                  This will allow you a choice to read their post or not but will prevent their posts from acting like a "denial of service attack"
                  Hope this helps
                  DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                  DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Dutchman - My advice is to lighten up.. It was a bad hit and definitely dangerous, but it's not in the criminal act category - essentially a very ill-timed push from behind. As for Curadi, that was his typical end of game patty-cake & woofing. He doesn't like Union, no big surprise. He shutup when Eli sauntered over.

Wood is getting two games and if Appert wants to keep playing him and risk giving up 5-minute powerplays, so be it.
                    http://www.ecachockey.com/men/2014-1...uspension_Wood
                    Last edited by ADK11; 01-27-2015, 10:15 AM.
                    UNIONNY HOCKEY - Not in Kentucky anymore..

Comment

Vasaturo will play this upcoming week. He will score a goal.

Comment

I just saw the hit. There was a penalty being called on Union in the other end, Wood had to know the whistle was going to blow as soon as Vasaturo touched the puck. So when he touched the puck Wood hammered him into the crossbar as he totally relaxed expecting the whistle. He could of been injured very seriously, not good. Just my take.
                        It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Feature on 2015-2016 Union recruit Brett Supinski, who is tearing up the BCHL this season:

http://bit.ly/1uy0M4s

Comment

Originally posted by ADK11 View Post
                            He doesn't like Union, no big surprise. He shutup when Eli sauntered over.
                            I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed that. Curadi's bark has always been worse than his bite and his actions are usually more embarrassing than intimidating.

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
                              Hello Union Fans:

On Saturday evening, January 25, Union College and RPI played at the Times Union Center in Albany, New York, in the third annual Mayor's Cup. With 47.5 seconds remaining in an 8-3 hockey game, with the outcome well out of reach, RPI's Jake Wood skated as hard as he could from behind into the back of our unsuspecting Captain and drove his head into the metal frame of the goal, opening up a gash in his head. Fortunately, Cheryl, our trainer, made it out to the ice quickly and was able to stop the bleeding.

In early January a Princeton University hockey recruit, Neil Dolf, suffered a spinal cord injury that has resulted in complete loss of movement to his lower body in a similar goal collision and is now paralyzed from the waist down for the rest of his life. http://www.ottawasun.com/2015/01/06/...tails-revealed

You can see this deliberate and vicious hit by the RPI player and the bloodletting that occurred all on RPI TV. You can see the blood running out of Charlie's ear
                              http://www.rpitv.org/productions/895...ockey-vs-union
                              Drop Down Play List - Click Period 3, Move Slide to 34, The attack is at 34.23

I also snapped still shots from the YouTube video but cannot post them on the USCHO blog.
                              Figure 1 Union Captain Charlie Vasaturo is hit from behind by RPI player Jake Wood who drives Vasaturo's head into the metal goal tearing a gash in his head with much blood loss.
                              Figure 2 A bleeding Charlie Vasaturo (blood gushing from his ear) is helped off the ice by the Union Trainer.

The unprovoked attack by Jake Wood, in the back, was a most cowardly and most vicious act. In my opinion, a criminal act. Jake Woods leads the Engineers in penalty minutes. The other player who participates was Luke Curadi, who is second on the team in penalty minutes.
                              3 Luke Curadi RPI 2 ROUGHING 19:13 MINOR
                              3 Jake Wood RPI 5 HITTING FROM BEHIND 19:13 MAJOR
                              3 Jake Wood RPI 10 GAME MISCONDUCT 19:13 GAMEMISC
                              Please take some action now. The safety of our student-athletes is what this is about. We are going to end up with an ECAC player paralyzed or worse if we don't action. Jake Wood should be expelled from the school and the RPI coach, Seth Alpert, fired. Call President Jackson and tell her in a polite and deservingly respectful way that her legacy will be permanently stained if she allows this RPI hockey programs dysfunctional behavior to continue. Her goal is to build a world class research institution, not a third rate, chickenxxxx hockey program.
                              Nice tongue in cheek commentary. You were kidding, right?
                              Last time I looked Dr. Jackson's legacy has taken a few hits already and she could not care less about what a Union hockey fan thinks about anything. I think the refs and the league got this about right. Wood was kicked out of the game by the refs and suspended for 2 games by the league. Luke Curadi is far from a goon. His penalty resulted from some pushing and pulling at Union players and getting in the face of another. Anyone who believes that Wood should be kicked out of school and Appert fired over this incident must also believe that Bodie and Bennett should still be in jail for their actions in the Mayor's Cup game last year. They deserved longer suspensions than they received and certainly much more servere penalties than initially imposed before a public outcry caused the league to reconsider. But thanks for the post, we can certainly use a little humor during this long cold winter.

Comment

Originally posted by Jasma View Post
                                Nice tongue in cheek commentary. You were kidding, right?
                                Last time I looked Dr. Jackson's legacy has taken a few hits already and she could not care less about what a Union hockey fan thinks about anything. I think the refs and the league got this about right. Wood was kicked out of the game by the refs and suspended for 2 games by the league. Luke Curadi is far from a goon. His penalty resulted from some pushing and pulling at Union players and getting in the face of another. Anyone who believes that Wood should be kicked out of school and Appert fired over this incident must also believe that Bodie and Bennett should still be in jail for their actions in the Mayor's Cup game last year. They deserved longer suspensions than they received and certainly much more servere penalties than initially imposed before a public outcry caused the league to reconsider. But thanks for the post, we can certainly use a little humor during this long cold winter.
                                +1. /conversation.
                                Last edited by ibanezist00; 01-27-2015, 01:46 PM.
                                Hockey is serious business. Everything else is just a game.

RPI Hockey, Syracuse Football, New York Rangers, New York Giants.

Comment

Working...
                                X