Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Union College Hockey 2014-2015 "ReUnion 2015? Why "Nott"?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Union College Hockey 2014-2015 "ReUnion 2015? Why "Nott"?

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
    RPI sucks
    I forgot, which team took 4 ECAC points in the home and home weekend again? Can you refresh my memory please?
    Hockey is serious business. Everything else is just a game.

RPI Hockey, Syracuse Football, New York Rangers, New York Giants.

Comment

Too bad we didn't play like that in conference play. Like others have said, I hope this game will be a turning point in our season.
      Union College Hockey
      2014 NCAA National Champions
      2012, 2013, 2014 ECAC Champions

Comment

That was beautiful!

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
          Wait, what is this? John Henry, is this you?
          No, he's a good friend of mine though, from Oz.

***worlds colliding***

Comment

Hahahaha! National Champs and Mayors Cup Champs at the same time. Said by no RPI fan ever...
            Your Mama loves the Q!

Comment

Clearly there was no quit in Union last night. I'm hoping that it begins a nice ECAC finish for us.

Comment

http://www.timesunion.com/tuplus-spo...ot-6038597.php

Pete Iorizzo: Union shows it's a team that's not ready to fade

"I thought they showed why they were national champions," Engineers coach Seth Appert said. "They played like a championship team. They did what champions do. They responded. They had tenacity and will. I thought they were fantastic.

Me too, Seth
                Last edited by Dutchman; 01-25-2015, 07:25 AM.
                DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Moving on ... Harvard is going to be very tough ... missing 3 of their top 5 forwards and two defensive stalwarts they beat Colgate 5-1. Colgate was also missing a lot. Jimmy Vesey is on a tear. His freshmen year he was named Ivy League Rookie of the Year ... Selected to ECAC Hockey All-Rookie Team .. Those of us from Massachusetts get to see two local home grown hockey stars, Vecchione who is from Saugus, MA and Vesey who is from N. Reading, MA. We had great local turnout at the BU game at Agganis Arena. Hope to repeat at the Bright-Landry Hockey Center.

HARVARD - #3 in Team Offense
                  UNION - #5 in Team Offense

In Points/Game
                  1 Jimmy Vesey Harvard LW Jr 18 17 13 30 1.6667 4 2 5 0 13
                  Sean Malone Harvard C So 3 2 3 5 1.6667 2 1 2 0 -1
                  3 Jack Eichel Bost University C Fr 22 13 23 36 1.6364 16 3 3 1 24
                  4 Zach Hyman Michigan F Sr 22 16 19 35 1.5909 6 3 1 0 20
                  5 Daniel Ciampini Union F Sr 24 20 17 37 1.5417 26 4 7 1 21
                  6 Mike Vecchione Union RW So 24 13 23 36 1.5000 14 1 4 1 11
                  Alexander Kerfoot Harvard C So 10 4 11 15 1.5000 4 0 1 0 10

9 Kyle Criscuolo Harvard RW Jr 18 10 16 26 1.4444 4 3 3 0 14

Vecchione and Ciampini lead the nation in total points but we have 6 games in hand over Harvard. By the way, Eichel from BU is from N. Chelmford, MA.
                  Last edited by Dutchman; 01-25-2015, 07:38 AM.
                  DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                  DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Regardless of where Union winds up in the final standings I don't think any ECAC team wants to face them in the playoffs.

Comment

While I dont mind some good natured jibing back and forth, I think that most of the best posters have been driven away by a few. So unfortunate.

I wasnt able to arrive until late in the 2nd and saw the RPI goal. Was kinda shocked that we had 3 with like 9 or 10 shots, and wondered if we (RPI) could keep Union at bay - well....

Congratulations. Sincerely. That was an amazing period and not like Union hasnt done that before (last years national championship game and many others). No quit in you guys and you are relentless. While I think we can play much better, if you guys play like that ever game the rest of the year you have the ability to go far again despite having list the Ghost and Bodie and others. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Senna View Post
                        While I dont mind some good natured jibing back and forth, I think that most of the best posters have been driven away by a few. So unfortunate.

I wasnt able to arrive until late in the 2nd and saw the RPI goal. Was kinda shocked that we had 3 with like 9 or 10 shots, and wondered if we (RPI) could keep Union at bay - well....

Congratulations. Sincerely. That was an amazing period and not like Union hasnt done that before (last years national championship game and many others). No quit in you guys and you are relentless. While I think we can play much better, if you guys play like that ever game the rest of the year you have the ability to go far again despite having list the Ghost and Bodie and others. Good luck.
                        Thank you Senna ....
                        DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                        DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Should be a good game this Friday night. Harvard is very injured (skated 5D against Colgate), but rumor has it that Kerfoot (#1 Center) is coming back this week which is a huge lift. No word on Malone (#2 Center) or Esposito who was injured against Cornell. McNally (#1, puck moving D) was on crutches after Cornell game so I would expect him out at least a month.

Harvard had Union on the ropes earlier this season (when generally healthy) and Union came back to tie with a great 3rd period charge. Union certainly is not as talented as last year, but no question they compete every night and in this league, that means a heck of a lot.

Here's to a great, injury-free game. Should be some great match-ups and Vecchione and Campianni are hand fulls.

Comment

Seems like a minefield today, watch where you step!

Comment

• Originally posted by bothman View Post
                              Should be a good game this Friday night. Harvard is very injured (skated 5D against Colgate), but rumor has it that Kerfoot (#1 Center) is coming back this week which is a huge lift. No word on Malone (#2 Center) or Esposito who was injured against Cornell. McNally (#1, puck moving D) was on crutches after Cornell game so I would expect him out at least a month.

Harvard had Union on the ropes earlier this season (when generally healthy) and Union came back to tie with a great 3rd period charge. Union certainly is not as talented as last year, but no question they compete every night and in this league, that means a heck of a lot.

Here's to a great, injury-free game. Should be some great match-ups and Vecchione and Campianni are hand fulls.
                              The newly-formed Vecchione-Ciampini-Wilkins line was outstanding last night. I hope they can keep that chemistry going. If I recall, I think the Vecchione-Ciampini-Carr line started clicking around this time a year ago, so I'd like to see if this one keeps clicking.

What got lost in all of the 7 unanswered goals last night was Union's 4th line of DiPauli-Roy-Hynes. Before the Vecchione line took over, the 4th line was getting great chances on every shift. This might be something to look for in the next few weeks.
                              Union Hockey

2014 National Champions!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bothman View Post
                                Should be a good game this Friday night. Harvard is very injured (skated 5D against Colgate), but rumor has it that Kerfoot (#1 Center) is coming back this week which is a huge lift. No word on Malone (#2 Center) or Esposito who was injured against Cornell. McNally (#1, puck moving D) was on crutches after Cornell game so I would expect him out at least a month. Harvard had Union on the ropes earlier this season (when generally healthy) and Union came back to tie with a great 3rd period charge. Union certainly is not as talented as last year, but no question they compete every night and in this league, that means a heck of a lot. Here's to a great, injury-free game. Should be some great match-ups and Vecchione and Campianni are hand fulls.
                                Bothman: Thank you ... going to be a great one ... Jimmy Vesey is on a tear. His freshmen year he was named Ivy League Rookie of the Year ... Selected to ECAC Hockey All-Rookie Team ... Those of us from Massachusetts get to see two local home grown hockey stars, Vecchione who is from Saugus, MA and Vesey who is from N. Reading, MA. We had great local turnout at the BU game at Agganis Arena. Hope to repeat at the Bright-Landry Hockey Center. We have some other local MA prep kids, Phillips Academy and Nobles.

HARVARD - #3 in Team Offense
                                UNION - #5 in Team Offense

In Points/Game
                                1 Jimmy Vesey Harvard LW Jr 18 17 13 30 1.6667 4 2 5 0 13
                                Sean Malone Harvard C So 3 2 3 5 1.6667 2 1 2 0 -1
                                3 Jack Eichel Bost University C Fr 22 13 23 36 1.6364 16 3 3 1 24
                                4 Zach Hyman Michigan F Sr 22 16 19 35 1.5909 6 3 1 0 20
                                5 Daniel Ciampini Union F Sr 24 20 17 37 1.5417 26 4 7 1 21
                                6 Mike Vecchione Union RW So 24 13 23 36 1.5000 14 1 4 1 11
                                Alexander Kerfoot Harvard C So 10 4 11 15 1.5000 4 0 1 0 10

9 Kyle Criscuolo Harvard RW Jr 18 10 16 26 1.4444 4 3 3 0 14

You showed at Colgate that injuries are not going to slow you down. We had better bring our "A" game.
                                DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                                DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Working...
                                X