Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Union College Hockey 2014-2015 "ReUnion 2015? Why "Nott"?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Union College Hockey 2014-2015 "ReUnion 2015? Why "Nott"?

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    The Union-Cornell game next weekend will be a battle of frustrated teams.
    Is Union really that frustrated? I think they are having a very good season. The Dutchmen have been in the national spotlight for the last 4 years and can play with anyone. Anything less than last year's national title is a letdown. If this is a "rebuilding" year for Union, they are still more competitive than most. They have great fan support at home and as one of the 'newer' ECAC members, your program has come a long way.

Glad Colgate was able to play Union tough last season, but not looking forward to playing you Saturday. Dutchman, I noticed you picked the Raiders to win. I will pick the opposite b/c Colgate has no quality wins this season and despite a mild winning streak, they are a bit inconsistent. My guess is we both hope we are wrong!

As mentioned, would be great to have 4 ECAC teams stay in the PWR...if not 5, so feel free to win after Saturday ;-)
    C O L G A T E
    2023 ECAC CHAMPION
    1990 NCAA FINALS
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tiU0vQxIQE8

ECAC Pick the Standings Champion, 2008
    ECAC Pick 'Em Champion, 2010 & 2015
    ECAC Pick the Playoffs Champion, 2016

Comment

Kevin Shier has left the Dutchmen to go back to Canada.
      Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
        Kevin Shier has left the Dutchmen to go back to Canada.
        This is what jericho, from RPI, wrote on the RPI site

"Kevin Shier has left the Dutchmen. This is Bennett's response: “Yesterday,” Bennett, sounding angry, said when asked of his meeting with Shier. “He told me yesterday. Back on the streets of Ontario and you can put that in there (the story).” When pressed for more, Bennett continued, "You better stop asking me questions about it before I knock you out, just like I did to Kevin. "

This is what Schott wrote
        http://www.dailygazette.com/weblogs/...n-hockey-team/

RPI SUCKS 1
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnl8fueYiBE
        Last edited by Dutchman; 01-12-2015, 08:47 PM.
        DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
        DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Sad news about Shier, he had a promising future. I wonder if it had to due with the lack of playing time?
          Union College Hockey
          2014 NCAA National Champions
          2012, 2013, 2014 ECAC Champions

Comment

So here's what you're internet tough guy put on my rep: "Hey Jericho ..... You are a ****ing ******* !!!!!" Nice language. Good luck the rest of this season, you're going to need it.
            Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by UnionFan4Life View Post
              Sad news about Shier, he had a promising future. I wonder if it had to due with the lack of playing time?
              Looks like he saw action in 13 games thus far which is a lot more than 3 of the Juniors.
              DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
              DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
                Looks like he saw action in 13 games thus far which is a lot more than 3 of the Juniors.
                Too bad for him... Leaving the team and the school... ???? He's going to find a better program and a better school at the same time, in the middle of the year ? His choice. Good luck to him, hope it works out.
                Let's see who steps up to replace him !
                Let's go Union !
                ECAC Regular season champion : 2010-11, 2011-12, 2013-14, 2016-17
                ECAC Tournament champion : 2012, 2013, 2014
                NCAA champion : 2014

Comment

Originally posted by UFan View Post
                  Too bad for him... Leaving the team and the school... ???? He's going to find a better program and a better school at the same time, in the middle of the year ? His choice. Good luck to him, hope it works out.
                  Let's see who steps up to replace him !
                  He could go to a Canadian college. Although I don't know their rule, I suspect that he could play as soon as he gets there.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I spoke with Kevin Shier today, and he talked about his decision to leave Union and what comes next:

http://t.co/QxtuTbAoF5

Comment

Originally posted by rdf8585 View Post
                      I spoke with Kevin Shier today, and he talked about his decision to leave Union and what comes next:
                      http://t.co/QxtuTbAoF5
                      Ryan - Thanks for posting this ....
                      DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                      DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

USA Today ranks Union #10 for best place to play college hockey.

http://college.usatoday.com/2015/01/...ns-ice-hockey/
                        Union College Hockey
                        2014 NCAA National Champions
                        2012, 2013, 2014 ECAC Champions

Comment

A look at 10 other players who left the program early in recent years (besides the guys who went pro) - http://t.co/o7sFVcahXd

Comment

We have 6 short handed goals. Does our next shorthanded goal set a school record? Even if it does not, I bet we establish a school record this year.
                            DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                            DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Originally posted by rdf8585 View Post
                              A look at 10 other players who left the program early in recent years (besides the guys who went pro) - http://t.co/o7sFVcahXd
                              I think some kids just lose the passion and commitment needed to play DI hockey.

Comment

Will Union be streaming the Colgate game ? I don't see anything.
                                It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Working...
                                X