Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Union College Hockey 2014-2015 "ReUnion 2015? Why "Nott"?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Union College Hockey 2014-2015 "ReUnion 2015? Why "Nott"?

Originally posted by rdf8585 View Post
    Eli Lichtenwald -

First 11 NCAA games: 7 goals, 6 assists
    In 38 games since: 4 goals, 8 assists

I think the offensive production from the last 38 games is more indicative of what kind of offensive threat he's going to be here. His production early last year was more surprising than anything. Even though his offense is way down, he's still been a huge asset on faceoffs (.562 winning percentage this year, well up from last year).

I'd be lying if I said I didn't expect more offense from Pontarelli. Almost a third of his points last year (7/23) came in October. He's been in a funk for awhile. He only had 4 points (1 goal) in Union's last 15 games last year, and has only two goals and two assists in 15 games this year. It's fair to characterize his career here as a mild disappointment to this point, but there's plenty of time for that to change.
    I am suspicious that both have nagging leg/knee issues.

Comment

ECAC - 14 Non-Conference Games coming up this weekend throught Tuesday. I have a bad feeling ....

Predictions please .....
      Last edited by Dutchman; 01-01-2015, 01:29 PM.
      DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
      DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Originally posted by rdf8585 View Post
        Eli Lichtenwald -

First 11 NCAA games: 7 goals, 6 assists
        In 38 games since: 4 goals, 8 assists

I think the offensive production from the last 38 games is more indicative of what kind of offensive threat he's going to be here. His production early last year was more surprising than anything. Even though his offense is way down, he's still been a huge asset on faceoffs (.562 winning percentage this year, well up from last year).

I'd be lying if I said I didn't expect more offense from Pontarelli. Almost a third of his points last year (7/23) came in October. He's been in a funk for awhile. He only had 4 points (1 goal) in Union's last 15 games last year, and has only two goals and two assists in 15 games this year. It's fair to characterize his career here as a mild disappointment to this point, but there's plenty of time for that to change.
        What's up with Eli and Pontarelli? They maybe going through the sophomore slump.
        Union College Hockey
        2014 NCAA National Champions
        2012, 2013, 2014 ECAC Champions

Comment

Former Union star Wayne Simpson loaned to the AHL's Providence Bruins.

Comment

Go Union beat BU !!! Good Luck
            It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
              Go Union beat BU !!! Good Luck
              Thanks .... we are going to need lots of it !!!
              DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
              DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
                Well, no Eichel is a start on luck.

Play well, keep it close, you can win.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
                  BU is 1-2 against the ECAC this year. Our one win was against Colgate who I think was without several key players when we played them. We are also without almost 20% of our scoring with Eichel at the junior worlds. If anything, Union is favored in this one.

Comment

This is a game Union should win. Eichel is such a part of this team. He does so much more than shows up on the stat sheet.

Again, I expect Union to win this game.

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                      BU is 1-2 against the ECAC this year. Our one win was against Colgate who I think was without several key players when we played them. We are also without almost 20% of our scoring with Eichel at the junior worlds. If anything, Union is favored in this one.
                      Has RPI been kicked out of the ECAC?
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

They should be in Atlantic Hockey League.
                        RPI sucks

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                          Has RPI been kicked out of the ECAC?
                          Oops... my bad... I missed that one when I scanned my memory of BU's schedule this year. Either way, I still say Union is favored in this game.

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                            They should be in Atlantic Hockey League.
                            RPI sucks
                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lKOEB3-Flw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjAjNxbt1vA

Sorry, guess I should stop 'being obsessed' with Union again.
                            Last edited by ibanezist00; 01-02-2015, 02:10 PM.
                            Hockey is serious business. Everything else is just a game.

RPI Hockey, Syracuse Football, New York Rangers, New York Giants.

Comment

Lap dogs led by Eddie Haskell
                              Some teams win championships, others strive to win weekend series in October

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                                Lap dogs led by Eddie Haskell
                                Some teams win championships, others strive to win weekend series in October
                                Ah yes, the classic combination of deflection/red herring. Good luck to Union against BU tonight, I saw them play RPI, and Union is in for a tall test just as RPI is against Miami (OH). I'd love for Union to take it to BU since they're my second-most-hated college team behind the Gophers.
                                Last edited by ibanezist00; 01-02-2015, 02:16 PM.
                                Hockey is serious business. Everything else is just a game.

RPI Hockey, Syracuse Football, New York Rangers, New York Giants.

Comment

Working...
                                X