Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Union College Hockey 2014-2015 "ReUnion 2015? Why "Nott"?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Union College Hockey 2014-2015 "ReUnion 2015? Why "Nott"?

With the short turnaround it will be interesting to see if any fresh legs are inserted into the lineup this afternoon. I'm expecting a real battle, it would be huge to keep this modest win streak intact going into a crucial two game league road trip next weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Wholin1 View Post
      With the short turnaround it will be interesting to see if any fresh legs are inserted into the lineup this afternoon. I'm expecting a real battle, it would be huge to keep this modest win streak intact going into a crucial two game league road trip next weekend.
      I wouldn't be surprised if Sak starts in goal. OT game last night, shorter than usual turnaround today, Bennett's not afraid to use him, he's performed well when given the chance, and it's as close to a hometown game as he will get with Union. Sak grew up only 90 miles from Notre Dame.

Comment

I'm expecting a real battle
        We are going to get one. - Forget their record

Their Strength of Schedule is 9th because they have played:

AF when it was ranked
        Nebraska-Omaha which is now 11th
        Denver which is now 10th
        St. Cloud which is now 16th
        Miami which is now 5th

Our strength of schedule is 31st

They are a devistating third period team, getting outshot and outscored in periods 1 & 2 but pouring it on in the third period
        Outshooting Opponent 136 to 84
        Outscoring Opponent 13 to 8

PP and PK about equal
        6 months older, 10 lbs heavier

NCHC - best conference this year.

Goalie and goal tending is solid but I would assume not as strong as ND

We need to bring our shoulder pads and scoring and we need 60 minutes to win. No letups ... there is hardware on the line here ... trophys and player awards.
        DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
        DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Originally posted by rdf8585 View Post
          I wouldn't be surprised if Sak starts in goal
          Makes sense to me especially if Sak's parents/family are there. Our coaches scouted WM yesterday afternoon.
          DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
          DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

• Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
            Makes sense to me especially if Sak's parents/family are there. Our coaches scouted WM yesterday afternoon.
            Tapper said on post game last night that WM either didn't or wouldn't share game tape.

Comment

Lines .... looks like Stevens gets the nod.

Comment

It's too bad Pieri didn't make the trip. Sak and Stevens were both out to lunch today.

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchfan View Post
                  It's too bad Pieri didn't make the trip. Sak and Stevens were both out to lunch today.
                  I was thinking the exact same thing !!!!
                  DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                  DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

How much did the day game after a night game effect our team? Where is Cruice? That was painful to watch, hopefully we have a solid week of practice before the big conference games. The boys don't have school to worry about.
                    Union College Hockey
                    2014 NCAA National Champions
                    2012, 2013, 2014 ECAC Champions

Comment

Travel, short practice week, quick turnaround, all these are excuses that RB won't accept. Let's hope they learn from this and move on.

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
                        Big weekend for the ECAC - 16 matchups
                        Friday, November 28, 2014
                        Clarkson @ Merrimack NC 4:00 ET Clarkson (ECAC) LOST 0-3 to HE Merrimack
                        Michigan State @ Princeton NC 7:00 ET Princeton (ECAC) WON 3-1 against BIG10 Michigan State
                        Massachusetts @ (14) Quinnipiac NC 7:00 ET Quinnipiac (ECAC) LOST 3-2 to HE Massachusetts
                        Rensselaer @ Michigan NC 7:30 ET RPI (ECAC) LOST 3-2 to BIG10 Michigan
                        (17) Union @ Notre Dame Shillelagh Tournament NC 7:30 ET Union (ECAC) WON 3-2 against HE Notre Dame
                        Saturday, November 29, 2014
                        Connecticut @ Brown NC 4:00 ET Brown (ECAC) WON 1-0 against HE UCONN
                        (9) Colgate @ (1) Boston University NC 4:00 ET Colgate (ECAC) LOST 5-2 against HE BU
                        Penn State vs. Cornell NC 8:00 ET Cornell (ECAC) WON 3-1 against BIG10 Penn
                        American International @ Dartmouth NC 4:00 ET Dartmouth (ECAC) WON 3-2 against AHA AI
                        Clarkson @ Merrimack NC 4:00 ET Clarkson (ECAC) LOST against HE Merrimack
                        Michigan State @ Princeton NC 7:00 ET Princeton (ECAC) LOST 4-2 against BIG10 Michigan State
                        Rensselaer @ Michigan NC 7:30 ET RPI (ECAC) LOST 6-0 against BIG10 Michigan
                        (14) Quinnipiac @ Massachusetts NC 7:00 ET Q (ECAC) WON 3-1 against HE Massachusetts
                        (18) Harvard @ (4) Massachusetts-Lowell NC 7:00 ET Harvard (ECAC) WON 4-2 against HE UML
                        RIT @ Yale NC 7:00 ET Yale (ECAC) WON 2-0 against AHA RIT
                        OSU/WMU vs. (17) Union Shillelagh Tournament NC 4:00 ET Union (ECAC) LOST 8-2 against WM

Friday
                        ECAC 1-2 vs HE
                        ECAC 1-1 vs BIG10
                        Saturday
                        ECAC 3-2 vs HE
                        ECAC 2-0 vs AHA
                        ECAC 0-1 vs NCHC
                        ECAC 1-2 vs BIG10

So much for my theory about ECAC superiority. It does not exist.* We are about average as leagues go.

*Ivy League component of ECAC did very well .... 6-1. Non-Ivy was terrible 2-7 Some very impressive Ivy wins and the loss by Princeton was very close with Princeton battling furiously for a tie before an ENG. Nice win by Cornell too.
                        Last edited by Dutchman; 11-30-2014, 07:05 PM.
                        DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                        DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Travel, short practice week, quick turnaround, all these are excuses that RB won't accept. Let's hope they learn from this and move on.
                          Got to be terribly demoralizing ...... how do you give up 4 goals on 8 shots? When was the last time we lost this bad? We gave up 8 goals.
                          DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                          DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
                            Got to be terribly demoralizing ...... how do you give up 4 goals on 8 shots? When was the last time we lost this bad? We gave up 8 goals.
                            The eight goals were the most given up by Union since an 8-0 loss to Colgate on Feb. 16, 2008.

Comment

It's only one game, forget about it, go forward. East to say, hard to do, I know because I'm bumming also. So much hope then we lose three of our top six forwards. I think that both of our teams will be back !!
                              It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

No distractions this week and with tough weekend ahead. They will be ready.

Comment

Working...
                                X