Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Union College Hockey 2014-2015 "ReUnion 2015? Why "Nott"?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Union College Hockey 2014-2015 "ReUnion 2015? Why "Nott"?

Originally posted by Wholin1 View Post
    Don't expect much info on the Vecchione injury. Typically injuries except in glaring situations are played close to the vest. "Upper body", "lower body", "game time decision", etc.
    In case anyone thinks I know what I'm talking about, I don't. RB says Vech is good to go.
    http://www.dailygazette.com/weblogs/...ay-notre-dame/

Comment

The ECAC is going into an intense period of Out of Conference matchups. If my count is correct, between now and mid January and then the Bean Pot, there are about 72 Out of Conference non-exhibition matchups. The non-Ivy ECAC teams got the conference off to a good start in OC play and the Ivy's are continuing that (Thank You Harvard !!!). However, that success is not showing up in the pairwise as of yet. IMO this year the ECAC will be at its most competitive in the past 5 years but this is just an opinion. If I am correct it should show up in these non-conference wins and loses. Its really important that we do well over these 72 games if we hope to have more than 2-3 teams make the NCAA's. If I am wrong it does not mater but if I am right, it would be a shame if we could not get at least three teams in the tourament. If we managed 4 then IMO it would confirm my suspicion that indeed, this is going to be an exceptionally exceptional year for the ECAC.

BTW,
      Right now we (ECAC) have 5 of the top 12 defenses in DI. Consistent with my belief that we have some of the best goal tending in College Hockey but Goalie stats are only one part of team defense. Very hard to quantify goalies.

Big weekend for the ECAC - 16 matchups

Friday, November 28, 2014
      Clarkson @ Merrimack NC 4:00 ET
      Michigan State @ Princeton NC 7:00 ET
      Massachusetts @ (14) Quinnipiac NC 7:00 ET
      Rensselaer @ Michigan NC 7:30 ET
      (17) Union @ Notre Dame Shillelagh Tournament NC 7:30 ET
      Saturday, November 29, 2014
      Connecticut @ Brown NC 4:00 ET
      (9) Colgate @ (1) Boston University NC 4:00 ET
      Penn State vs. Cornell NC 8:00 ET
      American International @ Dartmouth NC 4:00 ET
      (14) Quinnipiac @ Massachusetts NC 7:00 ET
      (18) Harvard @ (4) Massachusetts-Lowell NC 7:00 ET
      RIT @ Yale NC 7:00 ET
      OSU/WMU vs. (17) Union Shillelagh Tournament NC 4:00 ET
      Read more: http://www.uscho.com/conference/ecac/#ixzz3KMDML9lM
      Last edited by Dutchman; 11-28-2014, 11:22 AM.
      DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
      DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Has anyone got an idea on how to stream the video tonight? The link takes you to NBC Sports and then seems to quit there.

Comment

Has anyone got an idea on how to stream the video tonight? The link takes you to NBC Sports and then seems to quit there.
          I think this is it ...
          http://stream.nbcsports.com/notre-dame/
          http://www.und.com/sports/m-hockey/s...112614aaa.html
          http://watchnd.tv/#!/
          http://watchnd.tv/#!/shows/Shillelag...nament/1873751

Against UML they had
          WatchND (Audio and Video)
          NBC Sports.com
          NBC Sports Network
          New Country 99.9 FM

Against us they only appear to have
          NBCsports.com
          New Country 99.9 FM

Must be because we are an ECAC team

Looks like action starts with the first matchup at 4:00pm, we are at 7:35pm
          Last edited by Dutchman; 11-28-2014, 09:41 AM.
          DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
          DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

You'll be able to get further once the game is closer to getting started.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
              You'll be able to get further once the game is closer to getting started.
              I am such a technodope.

Comment

Lines

Comment

That's why U never give up!!! Great come from behind win!! Foooooo and Wilkins with the clutch goals!!

(On a side note, I bet the announcers are kicking themselves for writing off a ND win and placing them in the championship game vs. Western Michigan after the 2nd period )
                  Union College Hockey
                  2014 NCAA National Champions
                  2012, 2013, 2014 ECAC Champions

Comment

Matt Wilkins - tought, gutsy ..... decided Union was not going to lose ..... took resposibility. This type of play is why we won the Championship last year. Wilkins and Novak are my favorite players because they remind me of the character of last years team. When the going gets tough ....
                    Last edited by Dutchman; 11-28-2014, 09:15 PM.
                    DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                    DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
                      Matt Wilkins - tought, gutsy ..... decided Union was not going to lose ..... took resposibility. This type of play is why we won the Championship last year. Wilkins and Novak are my favorite players because they remind me of the character of last year team. When the going gets tough ....
                      Gutsy is the best way to describe tonight's effort. Things looked grim, despite outplaying ND for most of the first two periods, but the boys found a way to pull it out in OT. Looking forward to seeing how we match up against Ben Barr and Western Michigan tomorrow.

Comment

Huge win!

Comment

I'm hoping that this game could be the tipping point as the season moves on. We outplayed ND most of the game but had little to show for it, yet we persevered and were rewarded. Could be something to build upon. Short turn around but no excuses.

Comment

Big weekend for the ECAC - 16 matchups

Friday, November 28, 2014
                            Clarkson @ Merrimack NC 4:00 ET Clarkson (ECAC) LOST 0-3 to HE Merrimack
                            Michigan State @ Princeton NC 7:00 ET Princeton (ECAC) WON 3-1 against BIG10 Michigan State
                            Massachusetts @ (14) Quinnipiac NC 7:00 ET Quinnipiac (ECAC) LOST 3-2 to HE Massachusetts
                            Rensselaer @ Michigan NC 7:30 ET RPI (ECAC) LOST 3-2 to BIG10 Michigan
                            (17) Union @ Notre Dame Shillelagh Tournament NC 7:30 ET Union (ECAC) WON 3-2 against HE Notre Dame
                            Saturday, November 29, 2014
                            Connecticut @ Brown NC 4:00 ET
                            (9) Colgate @ (1) Boston University NC 4:00 ET
                            Penn State vs. Cornell NC 8:00 ET
                            American International @ Dartmouth NC 4:00 ET
                            (14) Quinnipiac @ Massachusetts NC 7:00 ET
                            (18) Harvard @ (4) Massachusetts-Lowell NC 7:00 ET
                            RIT @ Yale NC 7:00 ET
                            OSU/WMU vs. (17) Union Shillelagh Tournament NC 4:00 ET

Friday
                            ECAC 1-2 vs HE
                            ECAC 1-1 vs BIG10
                            So much for my theory about ECAC superiority. We will see what happens tomorrow.
                            DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                            DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

A great gutty win!! A little sloppy at times but a consistent effort against a pretty high skill level team. Nice to see Wilkins get a couple big ones. Will need more scoring from Wilkins, Pontarelli, etc. if the ship is going to be turned around. Time will tell if this is a turning point of sorts, though I always think that better team building happens on the road.. tomorrow should be a very stern test, as my take is that WMU is better than their record shows. Congrats to the team & coaches!
                              UNIONNY HOCKEY - Not in Kentucky anymore..

Comment

Friday's highlights: http://t.co/UiDcIAm0nN

Video stream for Saturday's tourney final (4 pm) - http://t.co/a1I5VtAn9C

Comment

Working...
                                X