Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Union College Hockey 2014-2015 "ReUnion 2015? Why "Nott"?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Union College Hockey 2014-2015 "ReUnion 2015? Why "Nott"?

Originally posted by ADK11 View Post
    And another Fooooooooooooo is on the way.. http://www.dailygazette.com/weblogs/...-union-hockey/
    No Fooooooooooooooooling?

Comment

Originally posted by Wholin1 View Post
      No Fooooooooooooooooling?
      That's right!!!! TWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO for UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!
      sorry.. I couldn't help myself
      UNIONNY HOCKEY - Not in Kentucky anymore..

Comment

Originally posted by ADK11 View Post
        That's right!!!! TWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO for UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!
        sorry.. I couldn't help myself
        Booooooooooooooo

Comment

So now if the two score a goal, can we say that the goalie let in a Foo Foo shot?
          Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Go funion!

Comment

Uh oh, ken Schotts blog reports that Mike Vecchione suffered an injury during practice today. http://www.dailygazette.com/weblogs/...ured-practice/. It doesn't at first glance appear too serious but it's hard to say with so little to go on. I think the team is scheduled to fly out tomorrow which could be challenging in terms of the weather being forecast,
              Last edited by Wholin1; 11-25-2014, 06:45 PM.

Comment

There wasn't even supposed to be a practice today because of final exams.

Comment

Great Win by Harvard and RPI !!!! Harvard showed character and class and leadership and talent against a great third period BU team. Sort of reminds me of us. ECAC is 12-5-2 vs HE and league now has second best OC record in College Hockey. Best example of my contention that ECAC has best goalies in College Hockey was the play of RPI and Harvard goalies.
                  DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                  DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
                    Great Win by Harvard and RPI !!!! Harvard showed character and class and leadership and talent against a great third period BU team. Sort of reminds me of us. ECAC is 12-5-2 vs HE and league now has second best OC record in College Hockey. Best example of my contention that ECAC has best goalies in College Hockey was the play of RPI and Harvard goalies.
                    And that was our backup.

Comment

You guys have exams before Thanksgiving? Is Union on trimesters???
                      9/11/01 - Stewie & Pelch, you are missed by the SLU Family.
                      1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001, we want More!!!

Comment

Yes, .... it usually works to our advantage.
                        DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                        DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

My contention is that the ECAC has the best goalies in College Hockey. However, how do you measure that? How do you separate the play of the goalie vs the rest of the team? I am not sure you can. Here is one interesting stat. In looking at team defense, the ECAC, as of today ....
                          has 4 of the top 10 teams
                          has 6 of the top 20 teams
                          has 10 of the top 30 teams ..... 1/3 of the top 30 teams
                          The top 10 teams in the ECAC are playing solid defense and each of their teams are anchored by one or more outstanding goalies ..... about the only conclusion we can draw so far.
                          DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                          DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

It looks like it just started snowing in Schenectady. Hope the team made it out ok. Any word on Veck?
                            To all Union and ECAC fans, have a Great Thanksgiving !!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWUtFmpfL_A
                            DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                            DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

It looks like it just started snowing in Schenectady. Hope the team made it out ok. Any word on Veck?
                              To all Union and ECAC fans, have a Great Thanksgiving !!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWUtFmpfL_A
                              Don't expect much info on the Vecchione injury. Typically injuries except in glaring situations are played close to the vest. "Upper body", "lower body", "game time decision", etc.

Comment

My contention is that the ECAC has the best goalies in College Hockey. However, how do you measure that? How do you separate the play of the goalie vs the rest of the team? I am not sure you can. Here is one interesting stat. In looking at team defense, the ECAC, as of today ....
                                has 4 of the top 10 teams
                                has 6 of the top 20 teams
                                has 10 of the top 30 teams ..... 1/3 of the top 30 teams
                                The top 10 teams in the ECAC are playing solid defense and each of their teams are anchored by one or more outstanding goalies ..... about the only conclusion we can draw so far.
                                I am inclined to agree, but it could also be that there aren't enough scorers in the league. There are three teams that can't buy a goal at the moment - Cornell, Princeton and Brown. Also, I have a hard time believing that much has changed since SLU was averaging about 5 goals a game last season. But I agree, there are some very good defensive teams in this league and some very hot goalies at the moment.
                                9/11/01 - Stewie & Pelch, you are missed by the SLU Family.
                                1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001, we want More!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X