Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Union College Hockey 2014-2015 "ReUnion 2015? Why "Nott"?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Union College Hockey 2014-2015 "ReUnion 2015? Why "Nott"?

Originally posted by rdf8585 View Post
    See all six Union goals from Saturday's 6-1 win over Princeton: http://youtu.be/KFQEdpoxMVw

Dutchmen play complete game in win over Princeton: http://t.co/syZSfO4m0g

It's going to be tough without any home games until the two in mid-January... and then after those two, there's no Dutchmen hockey at Messa until mid-February. There is the Mayor's Cup in Albany on Jan. 24.

It's not even Thanksgiving, but there's only three complete home weekends left in the regular season. That's kind of crazy. Hopefully, future schedules will be a little more balanced.
    I agree future schedules need to be more balanced, only three home weekends left is ridiculous.
    Union College Hockey
    2014 NCAA National Champions
    2012, 2013, 2014 ECAC Champions

Comment

Great read in the Gazette today on Kevin Shier. He's a great character kid and I can't wait to see how he will develop in the future as a hockey player.
      Union College Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by UnionFan4Life View Post
        Great read in the Gazette today on Kevin Shier. He's a great character kid and I can't wait to see how he will develop in the future as a hockey player.
        Thanks for passing this on ...

http://www.dailygazette.com/news/201...k-you_wv/?free

Also was noted on the NCAA Hockey web site
        DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
        DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Congrats to Troy Grosenick on a 45 save shutout in his NHL debut!
          Union College Hockey

Comment

Here's a look at Grosenick's big day, including a few highlights:

http://t.co/yD1y5KJCH7

He stole the game for San Jose. I admit I'm not that familiar with Steve Baker's career, but Grosenick's outing may be the best ever in an NHL by a former Union goalie.

Comment

John Buccigross named Troy Grosenick his Star of the Night on SportsCenter -

http://youtu.be/h_a6jvD1dO4

Comment

Originally posted by Got 6, Want More View Post
                Not sure what clip you were watching. Wasn't the greatest effort but there was a forward (Novak) converging on the puck carrier and the D-man poked at it, but the pass was to a player that was already behind him thanks to the offsides. If not offsides, the poke check might have been enough or he may have been able to recover in time to push him behind the net and get better contact.
                so that 6 inches would have made the difference of the dman getting him or not? . attempted poke check? than skates 70 feet untouched, drives to teh net, dekes and beats goalie and not touched once. yup, you figured it out. Clueless

Comment

We have got some exciting hockey with two tournaments coming up and an away game against BU. BU is hot this year. I don't think we have ever played BU before. We have dug a bit of a whole for ourselves in conference play. Getting a first round bye in the ECAC playoffs is important because it gives you home ice for the second round. In the past 10 years 26 points in conference play always put you in that top 4 with a first round bye. Cannot say it will again but it did in the past .

We have 3 points in six games and QU has 8 points but have only played 4 games to our six. Assuming they win the next two, then we have 3 points to their 12 points for the first 6 conference games. Digging us out of this hole will be tought because there are so many real quality teams in the ECAC this year. We are going to need at least 23 points the rest of the way ..... we have 16 ECAC league contests. Out of those 16 contests we are going to need 11 wins and a tie to get that 26 points and that first round bye and home field (rink) advantage. QU has 18 contests left and will only need 9 wins to get 18 points and when added to their current 8 points, will give them 26.

The road to LP will be tougher for us if we have to fight our way there through a first round.

On the plus side, two of our loses were 1 point affairs in overtime. Two others were one point affairs that could have gone to overtime. We have two of the leading scorers in College Hockey and we are back in the top 10 in offense. We have two tournaments that are against good teams but are winnable trophys. Our freshmen are developing nicely and have shown remarkable character both on and off the ice. IMO and despite the miscues, its easy to see the type of character this team is developing that will carry them in good stead the rest of the way.
                  Last edited by Dutchman; 11-17-2014, 09:13 PM.
                  DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                  DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Let's just get out of the hole we're in. Standings this season will shuffle all up and down until last games are played, should be fun to watch. Yes parity has arrived.

Comment

All,

I have 2 extra tickets for the Friday game @ Notre Dame. My sister, and Sister in law both have to work and can't make the trip out to IN. If anyone is interested please DM me.

They are in section 112 (right above where Union shoots twice). They were $20 plus fees, just looking to get what I spent for them. Going to be a split crew in my party of 10. In laws are golden domers...

Comment

Grosenick and the Sharks playing against Buffalo on NBC Sports Network tonight.

Comment

Harvard 2 - Dartmouth 0
                          Mikalick was outstanding ... again
                          DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                          DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                            so that 6 inches would have made the difference of the dman getting him or not? . attempted poke check? than skates 70 feet untouched, drives to teh net, dekes and beats goalie and not touched once. yup, you figured it out. Clueless
                            Yeah. According to your logic one wonders why they even have the rule. But your theory that all coaching of team defense doesn't rely on the reliable calling of offsides is entertaining in a way that reminds me of the Special Olympics. It is a game of inches and that includes guys like you who have been telling their wife for years that 1" is really 6 inches.

I further assume the D-man may have let up knowing the Q-Pac player was offsides.

Your rep that you posted to me was colorful and demonstrates your lack of cerebral horsepower and it's a real shame that all that negative rep you have accumulated makes your rep worthless because that rep says you don't add value. Tell us more about your "swamp *** parasite!!!" Does your dog even like you?
                            9/11/01 - Stewie & Pelch, you are missed by the SLU Family.
                            1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001, we want More!!!

Comment

Yup that's it
                              Let up when he didn't hear a whistle

Coaching has nothing to do with reliable calls. They are told to control what they can control and play until the whistle

In zone when F's are at center ice is not gapping up. You don't poke, you sweep

Very good player, very good captain. I am sure would love to have play over again

Comment

Originally posted by Got 6, Want More View Post
                                ....because that rep says you don't add value.
                                IMO Hokydad's comments add a great deal of value. I have found them more often than not right on the money. He knows a hell of a lot more about hockey than I do. He called Harvard correctly while everyone else was still in dispair. You may not like what he says or how he says it, but IMO he knows a great deal about College Hockey and it shows in his comments. He also knows talent when he sees it long before others spot it (Veck). I hope he continues to post on this thread as I, for one, value his insight and what he has to say. I also hope SLU makes it to the F4 along with Union and two other ECAC teams.
                                Last edited by Dutchman; 11-19-2014, 02:59 PM.
                                DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                                DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Working...
                                X