Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Union College Hockey 2014-2015 "ReUnion 2015? Why "Nott"?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Union College Hockey 2014-2015 "ReUnion 2015? Why "Nott"?

Lines:

Comment

Union lineup
      Bennett has take left winger Daniel Ciampini off of the line centered by Mike Vecchione. Ciampini is on a line with Max Novak.

Forwards (LW-C-RW):
      Daniel Ciampini/Max Novak/Nick Cruice
      Roman Ammirato/Eli Lichtenwald/Michael Pontarelli
      Matt Wilkins/Mike Vecchione/Specner Foo
      Sam Coatta/Ryan Scarfo/Tyler Hynes

Defense:
      Jeff Taylor/Noah Henry
      J.C. Brassard/Sebastien Gingras
      Nick DeSimone/Charlie Vasaturo

Colin Stevens starts in goal.

Any thoughts?
      DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
      DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Originally posted by ADK11 View Post
        .... it would be a mistake IMO to say that the team can regroup & make to LP & beyond
        I would be ecstatic if they can make it to LP.
        DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
        DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Let's see if the new lines work tonight
          Union College Hockey
          2014 NCAA National Champions
          2012, 2013, 2014 ECAC Champions

Comment

The first line was getting a bit top heavy, so maybe it's a good idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Wholin1 View Post
              The first line was getting a bit top heavy, so maybe it's a good idea.
              up 3-0 looks like its working so far ...
              DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
              DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Hopefully this is as painful as growing pains can get...

Comment

I am really glad I made it to Lake Placid, last year, and then to Bridgeport and then to Philadelphia. I also made it to the flag raising. I figured Union may never be back that way again in my lifetime so I had better take advantage if it now. Glad I did. Time to take a deep breath and step back.
                  DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                  DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
                    I am really glad I made it to Lake Placid, last year, and then to Bridgeport and then to Philadelphia. I also made it to the flag raising. I figured Union may never be back that way again in my lifetime so I had better take advantage if it now. Glad I did. Time to take a deep breath and step back.
                    O ye of little faith. It's still early in the season. Unless you're in your 90's, I wouldn't give up so quickly. This time last year they were 4-3-2.
                    Hockey is life, the rest is just details!

Comment

• Originally posted by Goaliefan View Post
                      O ye of little faith. It's still early in the season. Unless you're in your 90's, I wouldn't give up so quickly. This time last year they were 4-3-2.
                      Good point. I wish there was a little more fire though, it looks like only a handful of guys were hungry for the W tonight.
                      Union College Hockey

Comment

Time to invoke "nec aspera terrent!"

Comment

Its not going to get any easier tonight ....
                          Deutscher Militärmarsch "Nec Aspera Terrent"
                          ("Difficulties be ****ed !!!!")
                          ("Nor do hardships terrify us !!!!")
                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJ-cp24n50A
                          Last edited by Dutchman; 11-08-2014, 07:24 AM.
                          DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                          DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

We came out flat the first period and made several mistakes during the rest of the game. How many breakaways did Alex save?! Wow he kept us in the game. I see flashes of brilliance, but we still need more time to get it all together. Spencer Fooooooo is quickly becoming a fan favorite.
                            Union College Hockey

Comment

How do we allow 14 SOG in the first period only, and 14 total for periods 2 and 3. Same question for SOG for us : only 3 in the first but 39 in the rest of the game !!! Not at all impressed by the performance of some players who don't really seem to be trying. But very impressed by others : Vecchione, Foo, Alex, just to name a few.
                              Reminds me of the team we had a couple of years back (the last year Welsh was here) : a very rocky start to the season with the same kind of issues we're having now, and the same kind of mistakes..
                              To do for next week : play 60 minutes of Union hockey.
                              Let's go Union !
                              ECAC Regular season champion : 2010-11, 2011-12, 2013-14, 2016-17
                              ECAC Tournament champion : 2012, 2013, 2014
                              NCAA champion : 2014

Comment

Originally posted by UFan View Post
                                How do we allow 14 SOG in the first period only, and 14 total for periods 2 and 3. Same question for SOG for us : only 3 in the first but 39 in the rest of the game !!! Not at all impressed by the performance of some players who don't really seem to be trying. But very impressed by others : Vecchione, Foo, Alex, just to name a few.
                                Reminds me of the team we had a couple of years back (the last year Welsh was here) : a very rocky start to the season with the same kind of issues we're having now, and the same kind of mistakes..
                                To do for next week : play 60 minutes of Union hockey.
                                Actually they did play 60 minutes of Union hockey.. problem was that it was spread over 2 games. O-fer the weekend on the PP isn't going to get it done either. In many ways I'm not surprised that the team is where it is at right now.. hopefully can improve as the season goes on.
                                UNIONNY HOCKEY - Not in Kentucky anymore..

Comment

Working...
                                X