Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Union College Hockey 2014-2015 "ReUnion 2015? Why "Nott"?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Union College Hockey 2014-2015 "ReUnion 2015? Why "Nott"?

Very impressive 5-1 victory of St. Cloud. Sucks that Stevens lost the shutout with 4 seconds remaining. I wasn't able to watch. Did Union dominate as much as the score would indicate or did Stevens just have an incredible game?
    LET'S GO UNION DA DA DADADA

Comment

Originally posted by UnionHockeyManiac View Post
      Very impressive 5-1 victory of St. Cloud. Sucks that Stevens lost the shutout with 4 seconds remaining. I wasn't able to watch. Did Union dominate as much as the score would indicate or did Stevens just have an incredible game?
      Stevens was very good tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by UnionHockeyManiac View Post
        It was Stevens .... otherwise we sucked. IMO that was the worse game I have seen the Dutchmen play in the past year. Credit to St. Cloud. We looked terrible. We jumped up 3-0. I think St. Cloud out-shot us. The score does not reflect the game. It should have been IMO 7-7. I have never seen us turn over so many pucks, sloppy passing. St. Clouds speed was killing us, blowing by our defense-men. IMO Foo, Novak, Coatta, played well. St. Cloud was out to shut down our #1 line, but our other three lines stood up. We are lucky St. Cloud took so many penalties. They don't normally do that.

If we play anywhere near like we played tonight, we will lose tomorrow !!!
        Last edited by Dutchman; 10-24-2014, 08:33 PM.
        DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
        DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Dutchmen off to the best start school's Division I era after 5-1 win over SCSU.

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/ecac...lli-sam-coatta
          https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
          Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

A good night for the ECAC
            Congratulations to the Saints and the Knights and the Raiders
            ECAC was 3-1-1 today - two of those wins against tough NCHC teams - I think we are back on top.
            Can we repeat tomorrow?
            DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
            DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

• Originally posted by UnionHockeyManiac View Post
              Stevens was phenomenal and bailed Union out a couple times. We were dominant offensively, just need to shore up a couple defensive mistakes. Great win tonight.
              Union College Hockey
              2014 NCAA National Champions
              2012, 2013, 2014 ECAC Champions

Comment

Postgame:

Rick Bennett wasn't especially happy after tonight's 5-1 win: http://youtu.be/lZTTQCA-gU8

Union players (Stevens, Gingras, Bennett) postgame: http://youtu.be/heG3SzRObgk

Comment

Originally posted by UnionFan4Life View Post
                  Stevens was phenomenal and bailed Union out a couple times
                  The problem is that Stevens has bailed us out for all five games and we are not getting better fast enough. Like Bennett said .... we ain't cutting it.
                  DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                  DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Originally posted by rdf8585 View Post
                    Postgame:

Rick Bennett wasn't especially happy after tonight's 5-1 win: http://youtu.be/lZTTQCA-gU8

Union players (Stevens, Gingras, Bennett) postgame: http://youtu.be/heG3SzRObgk
                    Referencing Mark Bennett's comment that he actually scored a goal like that before, he did. He actually scored it against UNH last year, can't remember if it was the first game or second of the weekend at UNH, needed to see the replay to actually see how it go in and what an incredible goal it was. We were sitting right behind the UNH goalie and didn't know how it went in till the replay .
                    Last edited by garnetfan; 10-24-2014, 10:15 PM. Reason: word changes

Comment

Union's goals from Friday: http://youtu.be/vcGOgfYbRZ4

Comment

"We were sloppy, and we got lucky," Bennett said. "After our five games this year, I'm not afraid to tell you, we better wake up. This is not going to cut it if you want to keep playing. We've got to be a lot better than this."

Yep, got that right !!!
                        DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                        DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

The little (2000-2500) ECAC teams teams, St. Lawrence, Clarkson, Colgate and Union did well last night (3-0-1) against some tough competition and that puts the ECAC back on top, having the best OOC record in college hockey (not by much). I don't know if we will be able to sustain that tonight but I hope so. RPI lost and QU is idle.
                          DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                          DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Thank you Stevens !
                            The coach really summed up the game for me, exactly my thoughts. Eventually we'll play a team that has it's act together and we're going to get trampled. An average team with no terrible flaws can beat us at this point IMO.
                            Let's go Union !
                            ECAC Regular season champion : 2010-11, 2011-12, 2013-14, 2016-17
                            ECAC Tournament champion : 2012, 2013, 2014
                            NCAA champion : 2014

Comment

Originally posted by UFan View Post
                              Thank you Stevens !
                              The coach really summed up the game for me, exactly my thoughts. Eventually we'll play a team that has it's act together and we're going to get trampled. An average team with no terrible flaws can beat us at this point IMO.
                              Perhaps a bit harsh, but I get your point. Let's keep in mind that this is in many ways a rebuilding team though not necessarily in the classic sense of that term. It has to replace a huge loss in talent and leadership and is very young at many positions. The coaching staff will right the ship and keep it afloat if feasible. I thought this team would struggle early and it has in many aspects of the game in the sense that we aren't really seeing "Union" hockey,the current record is perhaps a testament to the level of raw talent.

Comment

never as bad as polls had them pre season, not as good as polls have them now. Closer to now but probably 6-10

Comment

Working...
                                X