X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: WCHA 2014-15: Semi-colons make things seem important

Originally posted by Freddie View Post
    Interesting analysis, yet deemed unworthy due to a total lacking of semicolons.
    Yeah, but he did utilize "ö"... I don't even know how to type that other than cut'n'paste. That made it seem even more important than a colon, err semi-colon.
    Ryan J
    Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
    https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
    Originally posted by geezer
    Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
    Originally posted by manurespreader
    ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post

1a Mankato
      1b Tech
      3 BG

GFM
      I am going to disagree here.

1a MSU
      1b BG
      1c MTU

BG has beaten MSU and MTU hasn't.

Comment

• Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
        Oh nuts.

I guess we'll see with next year's schedule if the league uses the Thanksgiving break to ameliorate the travel fun associated with the UA schools in the league. If we keep getting stuck with games Thanksgiving weekend, our attendance is really going to lag given the Iron Bowl. However, it would be great for schools that have to do the Alaska double to get those games out of the way on one trip while not missing a lot of class time.

GFM
        You've basically got room for two schools per season to do the double dip. The Alaskas also like to do a couple each to the lower 48. Nobody wants to play at home during any of their breaks.
        "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

I was really surprised to hear that the weekend before thanksgiving was the first weekend the was a full slate of WCHA games...

As for the MSU, MTU, BGSU comparison, you can have it however you want until more things shake out, hard to separate them other than to say everyone is currently behind the Mavericks.
          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

One thing I notice about our league vs other ones. When a coach from some other league gets on a radio show, they spend half their time advertising for how great their league is. They go on and on about what an honor it is to be in the league and how good the competition is and how no other league comes close to how competitive and high quality they are. Norm Basin did it this last week. Our guys actually think it's about hockey, and I'd like to see us advertise better.. Coach Hastings needs lessons on bragging.
            MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

• Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
              One thing I notice about our league vs other ones. When a coach from some other league gets on a radio show, they spend half their time advertising for how great their league is. They go on and on about what an honor it is to be in the league and how good the competition is and how no other league comes close to how competitive and high quality they are. Norm Basin did it this last week. Our guys actually think it's about hockey, and I'd like to see us advertise better.. Coach Hastings needs lessons on bragging.
              You're going to be waiting for a long time of you want to see Hastings bragging. It's working out pretty well for him though.
              Last edited by Bale; 11-30-2014, 07:22 PM.
              Mess with the bull, you get the horns.

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                So we're to December, and it's what:

1a Mankato
                1b Tech
                3 BG

4a Motte
                4b Dahlström

6 Bemidji
                7 Fairbanks*

8a Anchorage
                8b Huntsville

10 Lake
                I'd move MSU-BR (Motte State University at Big Rapids) down to Bemidji's tier, and have MSU-Mankato/BG/Tech tied at 1. Losing to the worst team in the nation makes me question if MSU-BR is respectable. DSU (Dahlström St.) has a big opportunity to move up this weekend against BG. I think a win or two would give them a huge push up in Pairwise/computer polls. Bemidji is hard to read since they've been near-guaranteed to lose every game, but from what I saw when they played here, I think they'll finish around .500 in conference. Lake State should be moved down to the B1G.

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
                BGSU Class of 2017

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                  Yeah, but he did utilize "ö"... I don't even know how to type that other than cut'n'paste. That made it seem even more important than a colon, err semi-colon.
                  Ryan J
                  That's what a UAH education does for you. Ümläüts for days ;

Originally posted by Chris Clark Fan Club View Post
                  I am going to disagree here.

1a MSU
                  1b BG
                  1c MTU

BG has beaten MSU and MTU hasn't.
                  That's a perfectly reasonable suggestion to make, but the Pairwise would argue otherwise. I guess that we'll know in 6-8 weeks.

GFM
                  Geof F. Morris
                  UAH BSE MAE 2002
                  UAHHockey.com

Comment

• Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                    That's what a UAH education does for you. Ümläüts for days ;

That's a perfectly reasonable suggestion to make, but the Pairwise would argue otherwise. I guess that we'll know in 6-8 weeks.

GFM
                    I was hoping you would say you are A-Hole and start a huge flame war! :P I just don't know if MTU has enough offense.

Comment

The WCHA is 23-19-5. Still above 50%. We are getting closer to that 25 win mark I predicted at the beginning of the year and I am hoping the WCHA blows right by it!

Also, I had hoped BSU would tally 3 wins, they are at two.

Alabama-Huntsville:
                      @Colorado College (2) Loss 3-2, Loss 4-3
                      @Northern Michigan (2) Tie 1-1, Loss 4-1
                      @Air Force (2) Win 4-2, Tie 3-3
                      @Nebraska-Omaha (2)

Alaska (5-1-0):
                      Wisconsin (1) Win 1-0
                      Maine (1) Win 5-2
                      Air Force (1) Win 4-3
                      Penn State (1) Win 4-3
                      @Western Michigan (2) Win 1-0, Loss 4-2

Alaska Anchorage (3-1-2):
                      Maine (1) Win 3-1
                      Wisconsin (1) Win 4-2
                      Penn State (1) Tie 3-3
                      Air Force (1) Win 4-1
                      @Maine (2) Loss 3-1, Tie 3-3

Bemidji State:
                      North Dakota home and home Win in Grand Forks 5-1, loss in Bemidji 2-1
                      @Minnesota (2) Loss 5-2, Loss 5-3
                      St. Cloud (2) Loss 6-3, Win 4-1
                      North Star Cup (Duluth, Minnesota/Mankato)

Bowling Green:
                      Miami home and home Win in Bowling Green 3-2, loss in Oxford 3-2
                      @Clarkson (2) Tie 2-2, Win 5-4
                      Ohio State home and home Loss 3-2 in Bowling Green, win 3-2 in Columbus
                      Robert Morris home and home

Ferris State:
                      Michigan (1) Win 4-3
                      @St. Lawrence (2) Win 3-2 (OT), Loss 2-0
                      @Michigan State (2) Win 1-0, Loss 4-1
                      @Wisconsin (2) Tie 1-1, Loss 5-3
                      GLI (Michigan State, Michigan/Michigan Tech)

Lake Superior State:
                      @Robert Morris (2) Loss 3-1, loss 3-0
                      @Notre Dame (2) Loss 5-3, Loss 5-1
                      Florida Classic (Cornell, Miami/Notre Dame)

MSU-Mankato:
                      @Nebraska-Omaha (2) Loss 5-3, Win 4-2
                      Duluth home and home Win 5-4 (OT) in Duluth, Loss 6-2 in Mankato
                      Princeton (2)
                      North Star (Minnesota, Bemidji/Duluth)

Michigan Tech:
                      Michigan (2) Win 4-1, Win 6-1
                      Duluth (2)
                      @Wisconsin (2)
                      GLI (Michigan, Ferris/Michigan State)

Northern Michigan:
                      Wisconsin at Green Bay (2) Win 2-0, Win 4-1
                      Alabama-Huntsville (2) Tie 1-1, Win 4-1
                      @Penn State (2)
                      @Duluth (2)
                      Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
                      FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                      NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
                      NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
                      NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
                      NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
                      Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
                      Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Clark Fan Club View Post
                        I was hoping you would say you are A-Hole and start a huge flame war! :P I just don't know if MTU has enough offense.
                        I think that alts are dumb.

GFM
                        Geof F. Morris
                        UAH BSE MAE 2002
                        UAHHockey.com

Comment

Hey gf, whats with equipment being stolen out of Von Braun preventing replay review last weekend?
                          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by beaverhockeyfan View Post
                            The WCHA is 23-19-5. Still above 50%. We are getting closer to that 25 win mark I predicted at the beginning of the year and I am hoping the WCHA blows right by it!
                            Given the remaining NC games for WCHA teams, I'd say things look pretty good. Only a few tough games on the docket and lots of B1GEasy teams. Still sad that Ferris didn't spank Bucky like they deserved.
                            We'd better be careful or Nacho will try to trade us CC and WMU for Kato and BGSU.

Comment

Originally posted by UpNorthHockey View Post
                              Given the remaining NC games for WCHA teams, I'd say things look pretty good. Only a few tough games on the docket and lots of B1GEasy teams. Still sad that Ferris didn't spank Bucky like they deserved.
                              We'd better be careful or Nacho will try to trade us CC and WMU for Kato and BGSU.
                              I'm still shocked that #26 Un-ion was waxed on Saturday by Western. That was nuts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                                Hey gf, whats with equipment being stolen out of Von Braun preventing replay review last weekend?
                                No replay at Fairbanks either.
                                "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Working...
                                X