This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BU season thread I - 2014-2015

exhibition season is over. onto season 2 of the great experiment of DQ. was last year all a bad dream? did i play the roll of patrick duffy
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Re: BU season thread I - 2014-2015

Will beers still be $8.03? Will they continue to have fresh chopped onions? Will some excitement return to BU hockey?

Comment

What kind of roll? A jelly roll? A bulkie roll? A - wait for it - Parker House roll?

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
        What kind of roll? A jelly roll? A bulkie roll? A - wait for it - Parker House roll?

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
          Will beers still be $8.03?
          No pennies necessary! $8.00 is the new $8.03.

Comment

There is balance in the world after all.

I actually enjoyed the 4:00 PM game time. It looks like there are a few of them this season. I don't really ever remember this before. Is this a new Hockey East thing?

I would not want all of them to be at 4:00, but it actually worked great as far as bringing the kids to the game.

Comment

I actually enjoyed the 4:00 PM game time. It looks like there are a few of them this season. I don't really ever remember this before. Is this a new Hockey East thing?

I would not want all of them to be at 4:00, but it actually worked great as far as bringing the kids to the game.
              Don't think it's a HE thing as much as I think BU sees a few matinee games as opportunities to boost attendance by making it more attractive to families and youth hockey groups.

Comment

I agree. Digging the 4pm on a Saturday puck drop. #OldFart
                It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Friend_of_BU_Hockey View Post
                  I think BU sees a few matinee games as opportunities to boost attendance by making it more attractive to families and youth hockey groups.
                  Exactly what Agganis needs to feel more exciting. I've been to some other Hockey East arenas and did you know they're mostly students?!?! Who wants to go to a game where a bunch of drunken teenagers yell chants and cheer relentlessly? Give me an arena where I get to listen to parents explain the rules of the game to their 4-year-olds while the kid complains that the game on his/her ipad isn't working. The mites games during intermission are the crowds favorite part because half of them have friends or siblings on the ice and the other half are rooting for their kids. How long until they ban students completely and put a ball pit in 118? Give me some clowns roaming the arena making balloon hockey sticks during the game too. Wouldn't want the little ones to get bored.

Comment

Originally posted by Terrance View Post
                    Exactly what Agganis needs to feel more exciting. I've been to some other Hockey East arenas and did you know they're mostly students?!?! Who wants to go to a game where a bunch of drunken teenagers yell chants and cheer relentlessly? Give me an arena where I get to listen to parents explain the rules of the game to their 4-year-olds while the kid complains that the game on his/her ipad isn't working. The mites games during intermission are the crowds favorite part because half of them have friends or siblings on the ice and the other half are rooting for their kids. How long until they ban students completely and put a ball pit in 118? Give me some clowns roaming the arena making balloon hockey sticks during the game too. Wouldn't want the little ones to get bored.
                    The only HE rink that definitively has a larger student section allotment than BU is UMass, I think BC does also but it's hard to tell because it is shaped so differently. Also it should be just as easy for students who want to come to make a 4pm game Saturday as a 7pm Saturday. I don't think Saturday matinees are a zero sum game, they probably increase family attendance at a significantly larger rate than they hurt student attendance.

Comment

Actually it was encouraging to see a large student turnout Saturday afternoon
                      Have to keep them engaged throughout the season as it makes for a much better atmosphere

Comment

Originally posted by DLG View Post
                        Have to keep them engaged throughout the season as it makes for a much better atmosphere
                        Hopefully they don't get bored of watching Eichel to Ahti goals though, then we might need to go with the ballpit idea
                        GO BU

Comment

Drunken teenagers?!?

Isn't that ILLEGAL?!?!?

Comment

Originally posted by DLG View Post
                            A blowout W vs. a vastly inferior Canadian university team should hopefully be enough to get many of the student fans to return for upcoming home games, not to mention get those who weren't there to turn out. The MSU/Michigan weekend will be a truer litmus test for potential fan support this season as well as further gauging the team's potential.

Comment

Originally posted by Friend_of_BU_Hockey View Post
                              A blowout W vs. a vastly inferior Canadian university team should hopefully be enough to get many of the student fans to return for upcoming home games, not to mention get those who weren't there to turn out. The MSU/Michigan weekend will be a truer litmus test for potential fan support this season as well as further gauging the team's potential.
                              A victory at home vs. BC would be a boon to student interest and attendance.
                              if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Working...
                              X