This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU season thread I - 2014-2015

You are all welcome to go to BU games at WBA all season long. See some great hockey and cheer on the Terriers!

Sean
    Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
    Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
    BU Hockey highlights and extras
    NCAA Hockey Financials
    Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
    I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
      I agree that every other year or so would be about right... more than that it would not be a novelty. Apart from the comfy seat though, I'm not sure I really think the Agganis experience is that much better. Feels like much less of a classic college hockey barn and much more like a fairly generic type of arena experience. Things like the kiss cam and kindle giveaway dance contest got tired years ago. Seeing the replays on the screen is nice and the parking is easier. Beyond that, I'll take the feel of a Walter Brown Arena / Matthews Arena / Lawler type of place any day of the week.
      +1
      Go BU!

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
        You are all welcome to go to BU games at WBA all season long. See some great hockey and cheer on the Terriers!

Sean
        This.
        Originally posted by nmupiccdiva
        ...anyone that can start a meme like that is welcome and will fit in just fine around here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hurl82 View Post
          Yikes -- how about a paragraph or two or three?

How about 5-4 over Brown in OT in '75 in the ECAC QF Round?
          Yes another in the streak of QF thrillers but wasn't at that one

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
            Did shrader make a comeback and patrol the tunnel of Section 8?

Screw Schroeder, I was waiting for Cookie Puss to whip out his towel and start waving it around all game without the benefit of wearing deoderant. Fortunately Sasquatch didn't show off his pelt.

Regarding Walter Brown, once every 5-10 years works. Look, the arena is terrible for a major D-1 program. Sorry old guy posters, but its true. One bathroom, too small corridors, no concourse, bad sight lines, overwhelmed beer stand, etc. I loved the place, but its time has come and gone.
            Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

• Originally posted by Rover View Post
              Regarding Walter Brown, once every 5-10 years works. Look, the arena is terrible for a major D-1 program. Sorry old guy posters, but its true. One bathroom on each side too small corridors, no concourse, bad sight lines, overwhelmed beer stand, etc. I loved the place, but its time has come and gone.
              Fixed your post.

Sticking with the throwback theme, how come Barbara Green didn't sing the anthem?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rover View Post
                Screw Schroeder, I was waiting for Cookie Puss to whip out his towel and start waving it around all game without the benefit of wearing deoderant. Fortunately Sasquatch didn't show off his pelt.

Regarding Walter Brown, once every 5-10 years works. Look, the arena is terrible for a major D-1 program. Sorry old guy posters, but its true. One bathroom, too small corridors, no concourse, bad sight lines, overwhelmed beer stand, etc. I loved the place, but its time has come and gone.
                A couple of other memories were the QF victories over NoDak and Michigan and I remember a Michigan players parent calling WBA a dump of course his team was getting torched so he was in s bad mood .

Comment

Jack Eichel has officially been named Captain of the USA WJT. Not exactly a surprise.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post

Sticking with the throwback theme, how come Barbara Green didn't sing the anthem?
                    I thought that was our Christmas present from BU.
                    It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                      I thought that was our Christmas present from BU.
                      how dare you speak that way about the singing voice of terrier hockey!!!!
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                        Regarding Walter Brown, once every 5-10 years works. Look, the arena is terrible for a major D-1 program. Sorry old guy posters, but its true. One bathroomon each side plus the "secret bathrooms" that many people don't seem to frequent even though there are signs for them, too small corridors, no concourse, bad sight lines, overwhelmed beer stand, etc. I loved the place, but its time has come and gone.
                        Fixed your post again.

Nobody is advocating for a permanent move back to Walter Brown, but an every couple of years rotation would add some fun to the mix. Surely we can survive without things like the raising gains chicken video we have seen a million times for one game every couple of years.

Comment

Mookie likes that 2 minutes of fun. Couple of those girlies are friggin hot!!
                          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

No one is saying you or anyone else is advocating for it. That game was fun, and it was the perfect game for it. An exhibition against the World Junior team. The idea long time season ticket holders could get their original seats was a nice touch. Calling it #TheReturn. Pulling the original banners from storage. That shouldn't, and probably couldn't, happen if there was a next time. And while another game back there could be just as fun, let's remember that Walter Brown already has a team that plays there (as Sean Pickett stated). It's not fair to displace them. I know this game didn't as the women's team was on break, but a pre-season exhibition would do that. And I cannot see them ever playing something like BU-BC there and giving up a chance for ticket money. I agree with Tater that it might become another Frozen Fenway if they did it too often and the novelty wears off.

And you can stop romanticizing about old barns like Matthews and Lawler. Did you go to Meriimack earlier this month? It was a $25 ticket. $25!!!!!!! They have suites there now. No more hard wood benches and space heaters on the ceiling.

It wouldn't be a surprise if they try to do another game at Walter Brown, but I don't see it in the foreseeable future.

I hope all of you have a fabulous Christmas, or whatever it is that you celebrate! Looking forward to starting off the New Year celebrating Agganis' 10-year birthday. I hope they have cake!

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                              No one is saying you or anyone else is advocating for it. That game was fun, and it was the perfect game for it. An exhibition against the World Junior team. The idea long time season ticket holders could get their original seats was a nice touch. Calling it #TheReturn. Pulling the original banners from storage. That shouldn't, and probably couldn't, happen if there was a next time. And while another game back there could be just as fun, let's remember that Walter Brown already has a team that plays there (as Sean Pickett stated). It's not fair to displace them. I know this game didn't as the women's team was on break, but a pre-season exhibition would do that. And I cannot see them ever playing something like BU-BC there and giving up a chance for ticket money. I agree with Tater that it might become another Frozen Fenway if they did it too often and the novelty wears off.

And you can stop romanticizing about old barns like Matthews and Lawler. Did you go to Meriimack earlier this month? It was a $25 ticket. $25!!!!!!! They have suites there now. No more hard wood benches and space heaters on the ceiling.

It wouldn't be a surprise if they try to do another game at Walter Brown, but I don't see it in the foreseeable future.

I hope all of you have a fabulous Christmas, or whatever it is that you celebrate! Looking forward to starting off the New Year celebrating Agganis' 10-year birthday. I hope they have cake!
                              I agree it was fun and think it would be fun for a repeat every so often. There is a team that plays there yes which is great, but (and no disrespect at all to our awesome women's program) I think we can all admit that going to those games is not the same. I can't imagine that a schedule could not be worked out for a game every couple of years where we don't displace the women's team.

Unfortunately I didn't get to Lawler this year, more power to them if they can command that price point for tickets.

For those who don't like the old barns though let me ask this: Other than the fact that our teams play there, what is different / unique / special about Agganis that separates it from many many other new arenas?

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                                Mookie likes that 2 minutes of fun. Couple of those girlies are friggin hot!!
                                The Asians, right?

Comment

Working...
                                X