X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU season thread I - 2014-2015

Originally posted by steakbomb View Post
    Heard that as well. I don't think they've had a team this bad in decades. Tried to ask the faithful about it on the thread. Basically was told to go away and not bother them. Can't say I blame them.
    and you listened?!?!?!
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
      and you listened?!?!?!
      Having been a passionate fan of a bad team as recently as last year I acquiesced to those in despair over the poor performance of their beloved hockey team. So yes
      Spaulding get your foot off the boat!

Comment

Originally posted by steakbomb View Post
        Having been a passionate fan of a bad team as recently as last year I acquiesced to those in despair over the poor performance of their beloved hockey team. So yes
        Yeah and as bad as BU was last year they beat Wisco 7-3. That's the situation they're in right now. And while BU took a big U-turn and headed back for the top Wisconsin doubled down on their suck and hopped an express train to the bottom. Still not counting those games as wins yet though.

Comment

That's a pretty cruel way of summing up the Wisconson season thus far. Accurate enough though. Hockey can be a cruel game.

Comment

I just saw on Facebook that the Bruins were going to be in the Winter Classic next year. I didn't read the article so I don't know if they meant as the visiting team or if they were hosting at Fenway. If they host, will that mean more Frozen Fenway games? And if so, who will play??

Comment

Frozen Gillette.

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                Frozen Gillette.
                I was thinking that, but Christmas is on a Friday next year, right? Possibility of a conflict with a January 3 Patriots game?

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                  I was thinking that, but Christmas is on a Friday next year, right? Possibility of a conflict with a January 3 Patriots game?
                  Normally the reason Winter Classic can't be at an NFL stadium is it conflicts with wildcard weekend, when anyone in theory could have a home game, hence the baseball and college football stadiums. Next year the calendar falls so it would only require the Pats to go on the road for the final 2 games of the regular season, which is manageable, but who knows if the Krafts want to do that.

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
                    Normally the reason Winter Classic can't be at an NFL stadium is it conflicts with wildcard weekend, when anyone in theory could have a home game, hence the baseball and college football stadiums. Next year the calendar falls so it would only require the Pats to go on the road for the final 2 games of the regular season, which is manageable, but who knows if the Krafts want to do that.
                    And while I know they don't announce it for a while, wouldn't they already have a good idea about their schedule for next year? It may be too late to change. Or not. What do I know?

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                      And while I know they don't announce it for a while, wouldn't they already have a good idea about their schedule for next year? It may be too late to change. Or not. What do I know?
                      The NFL schedule? Beyond knowing who they'll play, it's not really worked out from what I understand, and can be shuffled around at this point. If the NHL paid the right price, they'd make it work.

As for BU, I'd really like to not see college games at Gillette, it'd be a disaster attendance-wise. Really, the only game that would draw would be BU-BC, and are fans of those two teams really that interested in driving down to Gillette to sit a half a mile away? At least there was cache with Fenway and it being the first time. Gillette is just blah, plus parking is a nightmare, outside of an annoying commuter rail ride, there's no transit options other than driving. A game at Alumni Stadium at BC would be a far better idea, plus the sight lines there for hockey would actually be quite good for an outdoor facility.
                      Last edited by brassbonanza; 12-12-2014, 11:59 AM.
                      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Harvard Stadium! Make it happen!!!
                        It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                          Harvard Stadium! Make it happen!!!
                          No
                          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                            No
                            Yes.

It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                              Yes.

Outdoor hockey. Been there done that. I'd rather sit in agganis and watch the game. The novelty of it is over. May be good for the NHL a few times a year to generate interest in the sport, but that's about it. That foolish game in the rain last year was it for me
                              Spaulding get your foot off the boat!

Comment

I'd guess most people on here feel the same that outdoor games have run their course. Novelty is gone. If it is going to continue I'd hope BU does not participate more than once every 4 years.

Would I go? Depends on location / opponent / price point etc etc

Comment

Working...
                                X