X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU season thread I - 2014-2015

Originally posted by Terrance View Post
    On another note, can someone explain to me why BU and Maine didn't just play on Saturday instead of having the second game this Friday?
    I'm not really sure why, when we went from playing all HE teams 2x a year vs 3x a year, we didn't do two games there, two games here like we're currently doing with Vermont and Notre Dame. I think last year it was one and one because we played Maine at Flooded Fenway and we couldn't have them here for the second game that weekend. We should've been up there for two this season. Unless they felt that attendance-wise they didn't want to not have a Maine game at home. If that's the case, they could've scheduled it a little better given the Harvard game is three days later.

Also, you are all aware that Saturday's game against UConn is at 3:30, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
      No movement. BU stays at #3.

I'm good with this. Michigan Tech should be #1. We only played one game last week. This weekend should be interesting.
      Agreed 100%. I want the wins to keep on coming, but am fine with having somebody else sitting in the number 1 and 2 spots. I wonder how Harvard fans feel down at #24, with a 3-1-2 record and a win over #12 BC?

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
        I'm not really sure why, when we went from playing all HE teams 2x a year vs 3x a year, we didn't do two games there, two games here like we're currently doing with Vermont and Notre Dame. I think last year it was one and one because we played Maine at Flooded Fenway and we couldn't have them here for the second game that weekend. We should've been up there for two this season. Unless they felt that attendance-wise they didn't want to not have a Maine game at home. If that's the case, they could've scheduled it a little better given the Harvard game is three days later.

Also, you are all aware that Saturday's game against UConn is at 3:30, right?
        Every non-ND HE team plays a home and home with all but two teams, and rotates a 2 game series at one site with the other 2 teams so that every team plays 11 home games and 11 away games. BU's 2 weekend series teams are UVM and ND. We play at ND and home v UVM in even years, at UVM and home v ND in odd years. Home and homes with everyone else every year. I'm glad we get to spend a weekend in Burlington instead of a weekend in Orono.

Comment

• Originally posted by goalguard View Post
          Agreed 100%. I want the wins to keep on coming, but am fine with having somebody else sitting in the number 1 and 2 spots. I wonder how Harvard fans feel down at #24, with a 3-1-2 record and a win over #12 BC?
          fans?

i say this a lot but that's how polls work. depending on where you are in the preseason poll and then from there you gradually move up/down. if they meant anything at all i would suggest not even having a poll until mid november/december. the ivy schools start late, rendering polls even more meaningless.

Comment

Adding Notre Dame made everything confusing in so many ways.

Comment

Got BU No. 1 in my weekly poll and USCHO recap:http://q30television.com/2014/11/17/...y-poll-111714/
              Quinnipiac University '15
              ECAC Regular Season Champs: 2013, 2015, 2016
              ECAC Championship: 2016
              NCAA Tournament: 2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
              NCAA Frozen Four: 2013, 2016
              Yuck Fale : 2013

Comment

one way to improve scheduling is to try and turn more of these into true home and home series' as in friday-saturday night rather than just the last few weekends.don't claim to be a scheduling expert, just adds a little to the weekend when you play the same team back to back

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                  fans?

i say this a lot but that's how polls work. depending on where you are in the preseason poll and then from there you gradually move up/down. if they meant anything at all i would suggest not even having a poll until mid november/december. the ivy schools start late, rendering polls even more meaningless.
                  Come on now. There are a few of us.

I like Harvard where they are now. They are a good team, but young and inexperienced. If they have a similar winning % heading into the beanpot...then I will be upset with polls. But yes, the polls are meaningless right now.

Comment

I would like someone to explain to me when and why polls are meaningful?
                    This could get interesting.
                    'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

• Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                      I would like someone to explain to me when and why polls are meaningful?
                      This could get interesting.
                      When you're lonely
                      When your bum needs stretching
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by bothman View Post
                        Come on now. There are a few of us.

I like Harvard where they are now. They are a good team, but young and inexperienced. If they have a similar winning % heading into the beanpot...then I will be upset with polls. But yes, the polls are meaningless right now.
                        The Harvard game will be a tough one for BU. If I heard the broadcast of their Yale game correctly they have 10 NHL draft picks and they are very fast and talented with a very good goal tender. They had an easier time with BC than we did and we have not beaten them in many games. They are better than their ranking and we may still be too young for #3.

Comment

The Harvard game may very we'll be the biggest test so far for the boys.
                          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                            A test?! Maybe we should take a page out of Harvard's book (they certainly don't need them). #Teamwork

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                              Harvard 2-0 over Dartmouth in the latter's building.

Comment

At first, I was worried that the Arizona State news would mean, probably, another new conference with an automatic bid, which would mean one fewer at-large bid which had the potential to limit appearances by BU in the nationals. Then, I realized that BU will earn the HE auto-bid from now until who knows when, so, nothing to be concerned about. Go Sun Devils!!!
                                if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Working...
                                X