This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU season thread I - 2014-2015

Read Scott Wieghart's recap of the game. He starts with a great lede, which he then picks up again midway in the piece.

He quotes 97 year old Red Berensen b****ing and moaning about about the video reviews, mindless (probably the right word) of the fact that the refs on the ice called the BU goals good in the first place. And then Scott quotes Quinn with a couple of smart a** comebacks. Some people last year were complaining the DQ was emotionless. Nice to see his feisty side surface.

Comment

Not sure if its been posted here. BU is coming down to play Yale at Ingalls next season, same weekend they play Quinnipiac.
      YALE HOCKEY
      2013 National Champions

Comment

Mookie is glad bomber is loving his Popsicle now
        But I'm waiting to see how the boys do the next 3 games--that'll be the ticket
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
          Not sure if its been posted here. BU is coming down to play Yale at Ingalls next season, same weekend they play Quinnipiac.
          Awesome

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
            I second Mookie's "awesome," though it's too bad we won't get to see Tyler Varga who scored 5 against Army, since he's now a senior:

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/25/sp...rt.html?src=me

Whoops! Check that. Those were touchdowns.

Comment

• Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
              Frank pepe's too. I'm in
              Spaulding get your foot off the boat!

Comment

Yale is one of two ECAC arenas I'm dying to go to (the other is Lynah) so I'm excited about that game.

Still enjoying the victory from last night. I know it's only October. I know they still have stuff to work on. But the team just looks....different. New energy....obviously some new talent. It's been a fun few weeks. I've probably just set my #OppositeGirl powers off and they'll get swept this weekend, but I won't worry about it now. It was a great way to end my birthday week.

So Bomber told me that the scoreboard had the dancing Rhett "We Win" graphic up with 25 seconds to go. THANK GOD I was watching one of the end clocks instead. Sheesh.

And can someone tell me why it's so difficult to read the seat location on one's ticket and actually sit there? Got to my seats and a family of four was sitting there and then acted like I was putting them out by making them move. They weren't sure where there seats were. Apparently they thought they could just sit anywhere.

Comment

What a great game to watch in person. I really like this team.

- We need to remember how bad this team was last year. Like Bomber, I still would have been pretty happy if we had lost 2-1. That is a very good Michigan team in my opinion, and while an unbiased observer would call them the better team last night, it wasn't by much.
                  - Our defense has really been upgraded with all these freshmen. I particularly watched Diffley last night since I hadn't paid that much attention to him in the other game I've seen. I was impressed. Nothing spectacular, but handled the speed of the Michigan forwards well. Somerby also looks much better to me than last year. Sure, we had some issues getting the puck out at times, but still a big improvement.
                  - Between the second and third periods, I commented to someone that we were not using the points enough on offense. And then we go and get two goals off of deflected shots from the points. You're welcome.
                  - Berenson's quotes make no sense. There was never a question as to whether or not the goals went in. Just how they went in and if the goalie was interfered with.
                  - On a related note, the waived off Michigan goal was the right call. A Michigan player pulled O'Connor's glove hand down with his stick (whether on purpose or not I don't know) just before the puck sailed in at the very spot his glove had been in. I could see the ref making the motion of bringing his stick down while talking the Michigan player after the review.
                  - Eichel showed his speed again. The play where he intercepted the puck in the neutral zone, stopped on a dime, accelerated into the zone, turned the d and fed Ahti was ridiculous. He did make at least one bonehead play though - what as the deal with that airborne pass from the corner out to a defenseman who was nowhere near being in the zone?
                  - Related - saw four, count em, four Anaheim scouts at the game.

It's always interesting to see how the W's and L's start shaping who is good and who isn't. It's once to start at 3-0 with 10 freshmen in the lineup.
                  BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

There was a Calgary scout in the section to my right as well

Comment

Berenson is a tool. Not a single one of those reviews was unwarranted. Michigan's goals was blatantly obvious goalie interference. Most around me, including a Michigan fan or two, were surprised it was even called a goal to begin with. Even the official looked like he knew he screwed it up two seconds after he signaled goal.
                      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

red berenson is a tool, eh? too funny. suppose jack parker was a tool as well then, right?

Comment

Duh.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                            red berenson is a tool, eh? too funny. suppose jack parker was a tool as well then, right?
                            Which must make you king of the tools, eh chief?
                            Fighting the good fight

Comment

burn!

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                                At times, yes.
                                ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Working...
                                X