Clear All

• Michigan Tech 2014-2015

Starting with a win. Continue.

Re: Michigan Tech 2014-2015

Have to take the W.

Mel's postgame interview:
    they came out with a good push
    to come out with a victory was huge for our players
    We talked about the high/lows of game, we knew there'd be mistakes, just have to stick with it and they did
    A lot of good performances from a lot of guys
    Did not like our penalties, where they were and type they were
    Shuffled lines due to mathcups, wanted to keep them off balance
    this early, it's okay to try diff lines in the game
    PKers outstanding
    Credit to PP, Dmaon knows our PP, but our guys moved puck well, Petan/Johnstone with chances
    Gillies/Steman/Roy they're good players, Gillies speed/hockey sense helped 3rd goal.
    Roy, hardest position to jump inot in College is Defense
    Steman took faceoffs and did a nice job
    Jamie made a big glove save in 3rd, tough game didn't see a lot of action for stretches, liked that he made the save at a critical time
    Would like to see new guys, and quick turnaround tomorrow, would like to get Auk/L'Esperance in
    You win that 1st night, get chance to have an outstanding weekend, like this team and the way they came back and didn't lead til 3rd

Comment

WCHA tv was fine saw the Tech guys pretty much dominate the majority of the game. More urgency and we could have ended it early.

Tanner Kero is our best player.
      I hope the Wings take a look before the Wild Take him.
      Auk and L'Esperance will be in tomorrow. I hope we play up to expectations tomorrow and complete the sweep.
      A win is a win tonight and Damon had Lake State well prepared.
      Last edited by Huskiefan906; 10-05-2014, 05:28 AM.

Comment

W=Good way to start the season.
        GO DU !!!

Comment

bumping so this becomes our current thread
          Originally posted by mtu_huskies
          "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
          Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
          Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Great start to the season. I liked Gillies....he's as good as I hoped. Tanner was really impressive and looked like he got even better in the off season. This could be a big year for him. Surprised to see Heinonen on second line instead of L'Esperance. Also surprised that neither Evan Anderson or Blacklock traveled for the game.
            Last edited by UpNorthHockey; 10-05-2014, 10:15 AM.

Comment

I had problems with WCHA.TV. Lose the audio during the second and third periods after rebuffering. Anyone else have this problem???

Comment

Originally posted by ColoToot View Post
                I had problems with WCHA.TV. Lose the audio during the second and third periods after rebuffering. Anyone else have this problem???
                No complaints at all. I was able to watch our guys win and Ferris spanking Michigan at the same time. Running Chrome on Win7.

Although the lack of knowledge from the LSSU guys was a little comical at times. Wondering why they didn't call icing when he shot it in from outside the blue line... explaining how Pietila played his high school hockey in the U.P., etc.
                Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

why are we having a Michigan State employee doing color for us tonight? we have no one at MTU that can fill in? shameful.
                  Boosh Factor 4

Comment

Happy with how the guys handled adversity last night. When the smurfs scored, Tech came right back and answered. I also thought Jamie settled down nicely after the first period and the defense stepped it up a bit. Very important that the in-game adjustments continue.

The dumb penalties gotta go.

Big game in less than 4 hours. An early season 4 points is a real confidence boost. Go get it boys!

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                      why are we having a Michigan State employee doing color for us tonight? we have no one at MTU that can fill in? shameful.
                      I listened all the way to the end of the broadcast last night, and sounds like Randy Heinonen will be quite busy with other things this season, and therefore unable to provide color as often as he did in the past. I imagine we will have someone from Tech as often as we can when we're on the road, but I have a feeling that the travel expenses for the radio team are a limiting factor.

Comment

Hey, open your wallet so Michigan Tech can create a fluff position that will attract hockey experts who also have a modicum of radio broadcasting skills. From the handful of broadcasts I heard him do over the last couple of seasons, Dave Ellis is professional and sufficiently knowledgeable. He's also originally from Eagle Harbor, used to be a TV6 sports reporter and seems to like Tech. Mix93 should grab him every chance they get.

Comment

yeah, he's a Tech grad too, but it still bugs me that we don't have our own to fill in. Randy and Wes do good jobs. surely we pay Dave to drive up from MSU. how about giving a student from the radio station a shot?
                          Boosh Factor 4

Comment

how about giving a student from the radio station a shot?
                            Having a good color man makes all the difference on the broadcast.
                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqBF...utu.be&t=1m41s

Ryan J
                            Last edited by JohnsonsJerseys; 10-05-2014, 01:35 PM.
                            Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                            https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                            Originally posted by geezer
                            Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                            Originally posted by manurespreader
                            ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

yeah, he's a Tech grad too, but it still bugs me that we don't have our own to fill in. Randy and Wes do good jobs. surely we pay Dave to drive up from MSU. how about giving a student from the radio station a shot?
                              WMTU is not exactly a breeding ground for sportscasting...

Comment

Working...
                              X