This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 2014-2015

JJ: it's not MTU related, but did you see Reebok/CCM has a winter camp pattern the AHL Adirondack Flames used? http://m.ebay.com/itm/261686536253?_mwBanner=1

A college team logo like the circle MTU logo would look good on that pattern.
    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
      JJ: it's not MTU related, but did you see Reebok/CCM has a winter camp pattern the AHL Adirondack Flames used? http://m.ebay.com/itm/261686536253?_mwBanner=1

A college team logo like the circle MTU logo would look good on that pattern.
      Nothing looks good with Camo jerseys. Nothing.
      MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

Originally posted by stuckinwi View Post
        Disagree. Both a garbage can and a fire look good with the camo jersey in it.
        Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
        when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
        Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by mtu_huskies View Post
          Is anyone else surprised Wintjes is the traveling #2 goalie? I know Mel has talked him up in the past, but I always thought it was mostly talk and he'd be the 3rd stringer with Kero the #2, especially after his season in the BCHL.
          I have to think if it's a dead heat between Kero and Wintjes, Wintjes would get preference. Kero is a freshman and is also not likely to go anywhere else. As long as Wintjes looks good in practice, I think he'll be the #2. I would bet Kero doesn't mind waiting until next year to play. The Kero boys are at Tech as much for an education as to play hockey. They're both really smart kids.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
            Disagree. Both a garbage can and a fire look good with the camo jersey in it.
            hahaha, fair enough. This is where camo jerseys deserve to be.
            MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

Originally posted by UpNorthHockey View Post
              I have to think if it's a dead heat between Kero and Wintjes, Wintjes would get preference. Kero is a freshman and is also not likely to go anywhere else. As long as Wintjes looks good in practice, I think he'll be the #2. I would bet Kero doesn't mind waiting until next year to play. The Kero boys are at Tech as much for an education as to play hockey. They're both really smart kids.
              If all the goalies stay healthy, they could also easily plan to redshirt Devin.

Comment

Originally posted by UpNorthHockey View Post
                The Kero boys are at Tech as much for an education as to play hockey.
                The pipeline.
                Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

• Originally posted by UpNorthHockey View Post
                  The Kero boys are at Tech as much for an education as to play hockey. They're both really smart kids.
                  Do the Keros have a two for one deal with University with a parent working at the school? Having them on the team must open up a scholarship for another player. Not a bad deal for that school.

Comment

this.

Devin was highly recruited. including Air Force and Harvard. but he wanted to play with his brother.
                    Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                    "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                    Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                    Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by #1collegehockeyfan View Post
                      Do the Keros have a two for one deal with University with a parent working at the school? Having them on the team must open up a scholarship for another player. Not a bad deal for that school.
                      When Jared Ross played at UAH while his father was the coach, I don't think that his father being a University employee factored much into his scholarship allocation. I'm not sure what happens as far as academic deals go — sounds like the Keroes could have a good deal going there, too, like UAH does with a kid like Anderson White (who is making far better grades than I did as an aerospace engineering major while playing hockey, albeit not as much this year).

GFM
                      Geof F. Morris
                      UAH BSE MAE 2002
                      UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                        When Jared Ross played at UAH while his father was the coach, I don't think that his father being a University employee factored much into his scholarship allocation. I'm not sure what happens as far as academic deals go — sounds like the Keroes could have a good deal going there, too, like UAH does with a kid like Anderson White (who is making far better grades than I did as an aerospace engineering major while playing hockey, albeit not as much this year).

GFM
                        Considering tDon and his kids Tony and Mario...scholarship didn't matter, but pressure did. Tony went MN. Mario went not MN because of father's advice. Hence Mario Lucia to ND.
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post

GFM
                          MTU has a half-off tuition policy for employees kids. My bills were 50% less than normal. My sister's still are, so the policy still exists. I don't see why this wouldn't apply to athletes.

Comment

MTU has a half-off tuition policy for employees kids. My bills were 50% less than normal. My sister's still are, so the policy still exists. I don't see why this wouldn't apply to athletes.
                            My understanding is that it was something to do with the fact that the award wasn't that it was a piece of the 18 full scholarships that the NCAA allows as viewed on an absolute dollar basis (say, $10k/yr allowed), but that it was a relative thing —*that Jared's tuition being lowered to (say) $5k meant that the school was paying less in absolute dollars but was still burning a scholarship allotment — that the discount didn't affect the fact that a full scholarship was being used. As such, giving him a full ride would've saved the school money but not saved them the slot.

I could be wrong. This was a decade ago, and we're talking something that doesn't really get discussed openly.

GFM <— wondering when someone is going to start a new thread, as this one is due to be closed soon.
                            Geof F. Morris
                            UAH BSE MAE 2002
                            UAHHockey.com

Comment

• Originally posted by stuckinwi View Post
                              If your parent that works at the university retires, can you still get 1/2 off?

Comment

For the record NMU has the same policy. NMU couldn't take advantage of this when John Over was hired as assistant coach because his first son was already attending NMU on a scholarship, and he left NMU before his other son was enrolled.
                                “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Working...
                                X