This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
    personally, I thought UAH gave us a lot more to handle than I expected. gritty team, lots of body checking and faster than I thought they would be. quick to jump on our mistakes. happy to take home the four points. Tom Corbett was an excellent assistant at Air Force - he was to Serratore as Mel was to Red - and I expect as time goes on we will be hearing more from UAH. can't say enough about the town. the rocket museum. (home of the space program) the historic district (antebellum homes) the food (Wintzell's Oyster House, Cotton Row, Blue Plate Cafe) comfortable arena southern hospitality.

glad the guys get a rest and time to prepare for Duluth. another big showdown in Houghton!
    Hopefully there will be a luncheon. One would assume there will be, seeing how it's tech's only series in December. The following statement will be repeated many times in the coming weeks; so sad UMD and Tech won't be playing for a while. For me personally it's one of the toughest parts of realignment. Lucky for me though I'm sure we will attend one tech home series per year anyway.
    tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

• Re: Michigan Tech 2014-2015

One of the Premier college hockey series of the year nationwide if you ask me. Huge implications for Tech in the pairwise. It doesn't take much to drop out of the top 14.

Oh and I have developed a definite dislike for Ted Donato.
      MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
        One of the Premier college hockey series of the year nationwide if you ask me. Huge implications for Tech in the pairwise. It doesn't take much to drop out of the top 14.

Oh and I have developed a definite dislike for Ted Donato.
        It's the series I miss the most with the nWCHA. I fondly remember the loon coming to Houghton as a kid... And being TERRIFIED in the old arena's upper deck.
        MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

huskyfan is / will miss Duluth the most too. wish you guys hadn't gone.
          Originally posted by mtu_huskies
          "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
          Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
          Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
            Hopefully there will be a luncheon. One would assume there will be, seeing how it's tech's only series in December. The following statement will be repeated many times in the coming weeks; so sad UMD and Tech won't be playing for a while. For me personally it's one of the toughest parts of realignment. Lucky for me though I'm sure we will attend one tech home series per year anyway.
            I hope so, too. The luncheons are always fun. And the last one, soh and I even met tMel, thanks to huskyfan. Couldn't persuade him to start his freshman goalie, though. His quote, "What, feed him to the wolves? Hah! No way." (referring to the Gophers, who they played that weekend).
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
              I'd have to agree. Going to be key for both teams. If UMD could get a split there that would be huge. UMD has had the better end of this rivalry in the last 7 or 8 years (only lost three games since 2009 (IRRC).
              Originally posted by stuckinwi View Post
              It's the series I miss the most with the nWCHA. I fondly remember the loon coming to Houghton as a kid... And being TERRIFIED in the old arena's upper deck.
              Same. tLoon was the best, didn't know he made it out to Houghton! That's pretty awesome. tLoon is awaiting someone to pick up the torch and do it again

tDecc was a great place to watch a game. Because of that place I don't like being down low when watching hockey, I'd rather be up a level or two. Need to be on top of the action rather than right in front of it.
              Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
              I hope so, too. The luncheons are always fun. And the last one, soh and I even met tMel, thanks to huskyfan. Couldn't persuade him to start his freshman goalie, though. His quote, "What, feed him to the wolves? Hah! No way." (referring to the Gophers, who they played that weekend).
              This is why I hope they have it. We'll be up late Thursday so we would love to attend the luncheon for this.
              Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
              huskyfan is / will miss Duluth the most too. wish you guys hadn't gone.
              I'm bummed that they won't continue as a non-conference series. I assumed it would be one we would have each year but apparently UMD's schedule is too full from in-state rivalries (which doesn't make a ton of sense to me since it's only two series). It is one of the closest for UMD (3rd closest) and second closest for Tech, makes sense and saves each team on travel.
              tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

tJohnsonsJerseys is disappointed that although this is a bye week, proper protocol for discussion of MTU v UMD games is not being followed. tJohnsonsJerseys would like to remind other users that this is the Michigan Tech season thread. It is not 'Nam. There are rules.
                tRyan J

Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                Originally posted by geezer
                Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                Originally posted by manurespreader
                ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                  tJohnsonsJerseys is disappointed that although this is a bye week, proper protocol for discussion of MTU v UMD games is not being followed. tJohnsonsJerseys would like to remind other users that this is the Michigan Tech season thread. It is not 'Nam. There are rules.
                  tRyan J

UMD is not on bye and talking like that is reserved for the series thread, not either team's season thread.
                  Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                    tRyan J

They're callin' the cops, man. And if you're not careful, they're gonna be Ponies.

GFM
                    Geof F. Morris
                    UAH BSE MAE 2002
                    UAHHockey.com

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                      tJohnsonsJerseys is disappointed...
                      Can someone explain to me why this convention is supposed to be amusing?

Comment

Is anyone else surprised Wintjes is the traveling #2 goalie? I know Mel has talked him up in the past, but I always thought it was mostly talk and he'd be the 3rd stringer with Kero the #2, especially after his season in the BCHL.

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                          UMD is not on bye and talking like that is reserved for the series thread, not either team's season thread.
                          Actually, citing the ruling from Pearson v State of Michigan circa 2012, any discussion of a series between MTU and UMD technically falls under the jurisdiction of the common law term "series thread". As such all rules shall hold in said discussion.

So many questions...
                          Originally posted by redwing61 View Post
                          Q: Can someone explain to me why this convention is supposed to be amusing?
                          What makes a king out of a slave? What makes the flag on the mast to wave? What makes the elephant charge his tusk in the misty mist, or the dusky dusk? What makes the muskrat guard his musk? What makes the sphinx the seventh wonder? What makes the dawn come up like thunder? What makes the Hottentot so hot? What puts the "ape" in apricot? What makes Ponies appear on the Alaskan frontier? What have they got that I ain't got?
                          A: Tradition... 94 years and counting.

Ryan J
                          Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                          https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                          Originally posted by geezer
                          Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                          Originally posted by manurespreader
                          ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Turn in your library card, Walter.

GFM
                            Geof F. Morris
                            UAH BSE MAE 2002
                            UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                              Correct. Have to wait until Sunday.
                              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Oh where oh where are my manners.
                                tUMD Hockey

Comment

Working...
                                X