X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 2014-2015

Originally posted by Broseph Stalin View Post
    Breaking news. John Scott is proud of Tech's ranking. Says he's excited according to twitter. I don't know how to post screenshots here but go to mtuhky on twitter to see.
    Or you can go to the twitter page of the former poster GreatLakerMohawk who had the original tweet
    Originally posted by Twitch Boy
    Like the sign out front says, "the price of freedom is visible here."

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
      mtuhky found that because I retweeted it:

Thanks!

Comment

I'm so glad we pushed the MTU athletic department:

Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

• Originally posted by shirtless guy View Post
          i think we're going to have to add arizona state to the list of nc opponents i'd like to see...would love to have a reason to go to arizona in november-march
          this!
          Originally posted by mtu_huskies
          "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
          Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
          Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
            mtuhky found that because I retweeted it:

like. despite his rep as a goon, he is a smart, charismatic good guy.
            Originally posted by mtu_huskies
            "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
            Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
            Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

I used to be against re-purposing video by fans to make their own videos for YouTube and such. Guess I've come around on it, because I made one for the Huskies today. Have a peek here - the link is unlisted so clicking is the only way to get to it: http://youtu.be/LbZUxB_HtFY

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                I used to be against re-purposing video by fans to make their own videos for YouTube and such. Guess I've come around on it, because I made one for the Huskies today. Have a peek here - the link is unlisted so clicking is the only way to get to it: http://youtu.be/LbZUxB_HtFY
                nicely done!
                Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Pretty cool, but can you get some clips of us beating somebody. We haven't beaten anyone yet.

Where did you find the older clip? There's obviously video out there but it seems the athletic department isn't interested in sharing. One video I'd like to see is the Colin Murphy Turkeyshoot from October of 2003. That was a dandy.

Comment

Only about 60 reserved seats left for Friday night and a little over 200 left for Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                      nicely done!
                      Excellent

Comment

Brad Schlossman and I are arguing over whether or not the WMPL poll was a national poll and whether or not Michigan Tech has ever been ranked #1 in the country before this week...

My complaint was lodged after reading this article:
                        http://www.grandforksherald.com/cont...lignment-works
                        Ha. Brad "Perennial Cellar-Dwellers" Schlossman is probably still a tad bitter about that (entirely accurate) comment in an article of his several years back that helped motivate Tech to sweep UND in Grand Forks. As I recall, instead of acknowledging that Tech played well and criticizing UND's play, he used at least part of his Sunday or Monday morning recap to write a petulant rant about Russell using his article as bulletin board material. The whole thing came off as very huffy-puffy and said something to the effect of, "If you can't get up to play almighty, glorious UND, then no newspaper article is going to motivate you."

The guy's one of the biggest homers short of Bruce Ciskie, and none of his green & pink journalism should be taken seriously. Enough said.

Comment

Originally posted by <3_Blizzard View Post
                          Only about 60 reserved seats left for Friday night and a little over 200 left for Saturday.
                          Aren't the students on break starting Friday? I know they're running a special for families so it looks like we'll have a good turnout from town. I've had a lot of very positive feedback from 2 families that took their kids to the Michigan series. They said is was awesome, then went to the Anchorage series. Once the kids get hooked it's over. If the whole hockey thing doesn't work out Mel should start a circus. He knows how to play the game. If we're going to have a packed house we might as well sweep.

Comment

Great job!

Comment

Brad Schlossman and I are arguing over whether or not the WMPL poll was a national poll and whether or not Michigan Tech has ever been ranked #1 in the country before this week...

My complaint was lodged after reading this article:
                              http://www.grandforksherald.com/cont...lignment-works

The WMPL poll was indeed national. When it was started long before Al Gore invented the internet, Bob Olson spent a lot of money on long distance phone calls dialing up everyone in the world of college hockey to get their votes.

Comment

Originally posted by Broseph Stalin View Post
                                Aren't the students on break starting Friday? I know they're running a special for families so it looks like we'll have a good turnout from town. I've had a lot of very positive feedback from 2 families that took their kids to the Michigan series. They said is was awesome, then went to the Anchorage series. Once the kids get hooked it's over. If the whole hockey thing doesn't work out Mel should start a circus. He knows how to play the game. If we're going to have a packed house we might as well sweep.
                                Back up to about a 100 seats for Friday the opened up a block in K that I'm guessing they had set aside for the ticket deal they were running?

Comment

Working...
                                X