X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 2014-2015

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    We don't want to look like a winner, we want to be a winner.
    There's still time to lose the remaining games and be the team we all know they can be.

I'm here to help...

(It's fun at our house these days.)
    I was told there would be no math...

Comment

http://q30television.com/2014/11/17/...y-poll-111714/ I write a weekly recap of the USCHO poll. Would love to hear Tech fans thoughts. Is there a stream for the weekend? Thanks and congrats
      Quinnipiac University '15
      ECAC Regular Season Champs: 2013, 2015, 2016
      ECAC Championship: 2016
      NCAA Tournament: 2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
      NCAA Frozen Four: 2013, 2016
      Yuck Fale : 2013

Comment

Congrats on the Numero Uno ranking! I work with a Tech grad and she will be thrilled to hear the news.

Looking forward to the January series--hopefully the Wildcats and Huskies will maintain their winning ways until then.
        NMU Hockey Since 1976 ...there at the beginning.

Bill Crawford, LSSU radio announcer, on NMU hockey: "This is their MO right to the tee: get out shot, get out played, keep hangin' in there, just rope-a-dope it in your own zone, get it up the ice, bang it in and win the game."

Comment

Originally posted by aygwm2 View Post
          Congrats on the Numero Uno ranking! I work with a Tech grad and she will be thrilled to hear the news.

Looking forward to the January series--hopefully the Wildcats and Huskies will maintain their winning ways until then.
          Yes, hopefully both teams can go into that series with a head of steam. Even when both teams sucked this was still a hate-fest. Big goals, big hits, late hits, brawls, taunting the fans... it's awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by allnightwong View Post
            QU fan here… Huge congratulations! #AllHailJohnson'sJerseys
            I checked this afternoon to see how this topic was trending worldwide, but apparently I'm still way behind Kim Kardashian's @-$-$ and a videos of kittens doing cute things with puppies and a hockey puck.
            Ryan J
            Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
            https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
            Originally posted by geezer
            Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
            Originally posted by manurespreader
            ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by BigAl View Post
              http://q30television.com/2014/11/17/...y-poll-111714/ I write a weekly recap of the USCHO poll. Would love to hear Tech fans thoughts. Is there a stream for the weekend? Thanks and congrats
              Here's the thing about being "fairly untested", as you qualify despite your assertion of being "deserving". They've played the former McNaughton Cup champions, a perennial B1G power, a F5 participant, and a team that practically smoked #2 North Dakota, in Grand Forks. At what point does Tech become "tested" in the eyes of your writers? If they at least split with Mankato? If they don't choke vs. Hunstville? If they sweep UMD at home? If they win the GLI?

Define "tested".

Comment

Congratulations for the well deserved Number 1 Ranking.
                BLEED BLUE

Comment

So um.... Yea... I think y'all are getting some inflated heads around these parts....

TECH STILL SUCKS!

It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

I would define tested as playing a top 20 team. Ferris is a decent team. After this upcoming weekend, I'd be comfortable with putting Michigan Tech at one after playing a really good Minn St team.

I say deserving because Michigan Tech is absolutely deserving of USCHO's #1. My poll isn't based as much on wins and losses as USCHO's. Just my personal opinion

Comment

• Originally posted by BigAl View Post
                      I would define tested as playing a top 20 team. Ferris is a decent team. After this upcoming weekend, I'd be comfortable with putting Michigan Tech at one after playing a really good Minn St team.

I say deserving because Michigan Tech is absolutely deserving of USCHO's #1. My poll isn't based as much on wins and losses as USCHO's. Just my personal opinion
                      My only issue is that you contend that if Minny and Tech played it wouldn't be close. If you feel like Minny is a better team that's fine, but even when Tech was mediocre they've been capable of beating Minnesota
                      Beat em' Beat em' MTU!!!
                      Northern Sucks

Comment

Originally posted by TECHFAN View Post
                        My only issue is that you contend that if Minny and Tech played it wouldn't be close. If you feel like Minny is a better team that's fine, but even when Tech was mediocre they've been capable of beating Minnesota
                        Obviously anyone can beat anyone in college hockey, especially this year. Minnesota has the depth that no one else in college hockey has, maybe only UND. Now could Jamie stand on his head and win, absolutely. So yes I overstated on purpose. I'm really looking forward to watching you guys this weekend

Comment

38 years since we were last ranked #1! what a trip. I think most of us thought we would have a good season, but this blows away any expectations. sometimes during the day I think about it and smile. no doubt many other teams will get the #1 spotlight this season, but what a fun week this is!! wow!
                          Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                          "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                          Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                          Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

oh and once again, thanks to all the kind posters who have come by to give congratulations! even RaceBoarder!
                            Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                            "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                            Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                            Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigAl View Post
                              Obviously anyone can beat anyone in college hockey, especially this year. Minnesota has the depth that no one else in college hockey has, maybe only UND. Now could Jamie stand on his head and win, absolutely. So yes I overstated on purpose. I'm really looking forward to watching you guys this weekend
                              You are certainly entitled to your opinion, but when you question your own premises within your own piece and then your own words, it's really tough to understand what your real point is.....other than saying, "Yeah, Tech's a good team, but they haven't played the [Mavs]." The comment about Minnesota's depth is laughable because UMD exposed their lack of depth with the sweep and the roster Minnesota was forced to use due to injuries.

Sorry that sweeping good teams on the road like Ferris and Bemidji aren't good enough, and spanking a decent and VERY young Michigan team doesn't count either. Looking forward to this weekend.

Comment

Without getting into politics and biases, I think what he is asking is, "is Tech for real.?" Yep they are. Is Tech the class of the league. Might be, very close, if not. We have a very tough league. Much tougher than anyone outside the league, especially people on the east coast give us credit for. We have four, maybe 5 teams that are capable of making the tournament.

Tech comes to play every night. they don't beat themselves. they have talent, they can skate very well, both forwards and defense, they play two way hockey, they are physical,They have great goaltending. So yeah they can play.
                                Eastern people don't see a team and so they take them for granted. Perfect example is NMU. they are a real good team. totally under the radar. They shouldn't be.

I'm with HF, no doubt many teams will be number 1 this year, but it's nice to see us there right now.
                                MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Working...
                                X