This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 2014-2015

I'm trying to decide just how bored I am, I might have just found something for Tech Hockey Guide to provide the college hockey world. WMPL poll archives.
    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

remember the Tech video of miked up Mel at a Huskies practice, earlier in the season, where he was skating up to the camera, holding his finger up and saying "Huskies #1"? who the heck knew? I guess he did!
      Originally posted by mtu_huskies
      "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
      Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
      Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
        COngrats to the Huskies. It's awesome to see the No. 1 ranking back in the UP!

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
          I'm trying to decide just how bored I am, I might have just found something for Tech Hockey Guide to provide the college hockey world. WMPL poll archives.
          That would be a pretty cool archive to have on there Tim!
          "Michigan Tech is to NCAA Hockey, what the Original Six is to the NHL" - Ryan Johnson

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
            At this point, THG's province should be anything the athletic department can't/won't cover. You've already got recruiting down, so yeah, why not archival stuff?

While we're here, I'm so glad the athletic department (mostly) got its act together in terms of video and social media so that it can capitalize on this streak. It's helping faraway fans feel connected, and it's showing potential recruits what they could get in on.

Comment

January 1978 seems like a possibility for MTU being #1.

After sweeping Minnesota on Jan 20-21, 1978 MTU was 17-7-0
              Minnesota was 15-8-1

...and nevermind BU was 15-0-0 at the time, finished the year 30-2-0
              Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by redwing61 View Post
                At this point, THG's province should be anything the athletic department can't/won't cover. You've already got recruiting down, so yeah, why not archival stuff?

While we're here, I'm so glad the athletic department (mostly) got its act together in terms of video and social media so that it can capitalize on this streak. It's helping faraway fans feel connected, and it's showing potential recruits what they could get in on.
                The only problem is that doing the archive would require lots of time in front of microfiche at a library. The good news is that there should be a library around here, either ramsey county or hennepin county that would have archives back that far of a local newspaper that should have published the WMPL Poll.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                  The only problem is that doing the archive would require lots of time in front of microfiche at a library. The good news is that there should be a library around here, either ramsey county or hennepin county that would have archives back that far of a local newspaper that should have published the WMPL Poll.
                  Perhaps we can enlist the Pep Band to cheer you on while you slave over a hot microfiche reader...

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                    Well, three out of four aren't bad.

Preliminary math on the PWR has had Tech as #1 for two weeks.
                    USCHO and USA Today/USA Hockey both rank Tech as #1.

Buccigross on the other hand:
                    I don't agree with Bucci putting MN at #2 after they got swept. I would say 1 BU, 2 MTU, 3 UND, 4 MN. But I'm biased as I worry about the target of being #1, fun as it is to see.

Comment

Congrats to Tech. 10-0 is 10-0.
                      Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                      Originally posted by Quizmire
                      mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                      MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                      MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                      I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Decent article on Phillips, though it's from last week:

http://m.thespec.com/sports-story/50...-in-d1-hockey/

Comment

Is it 2014 or 1976? Michigan, Boston College and Notre Dame are all squarely mediocre and Michigan Tech is 10-0 and ranked number 1.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                            Wasn't it about four years ago we were talking about the university just shutting the program down?

Pretty remarkable turnaround by the players and staff.
                            Do it now while you're on top. Go out looking like a winner.
                            I was told there would be no math...

Comment

Originally posted by melmac View Post
                              Do it now while you're on top. Go out looking like a winner.
                              We don't want to look like a winner, we want to be a winner.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
                                Is it 2014 or 1976? Michigan, Boston College and Notre Dame are all squarely mediocre and Michigan Tech is 10-0 and ranked number 1.
                                Congrats! Couldn't happen to a better team with the greatest fans. Tech and UAA have certainly had their struggles ... it gives me hope! Isn't the new WCHA great?!
                                Originally Posted by aparch
                                I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Working...
                                X