X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Michigan Tech 2014-2015

Originally posted by HuskyNation View Post
    Proofreading published articles must be a thing of the past.
    I wish Coach "Peterson" and the coach of "Lake Super State" the best of luck in their endeavors.......whoever they are.

Just embarrassing. Then the same day they release the conference prospectus, Wodon puts out a lukewarm Op-Ed about Robertson's future that basically says, "These poor little fish, they can't help what happened. All Robertson can do is try. Good luck with that." What, exactly, was that piece supposed to accomplish?

Comment

fhttps://twitter.com/JamiePhillips31/...38063092019200

That is a pretty great mask. Quincy Mine, the UP, kids playing hockey, that pie chant you dorks always do, Doge...good lord what dork.
      tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
        That is a pretty great mask.
        My vote for understatement of the year, right here.
        The problem is that being a Jr, he'll likely take it with him when he leaves as this will prob be his last new mask at Tech.
        Ryan J
        Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
        https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
        Originally posted by geezer
        Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
        Originally posted by manurespreader
        ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

That mask is full of win.

GFM
          Geof F. Morris
          UAH BSE MAE 2002
          UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
            My vote for understatement of the year, right here.
            The problem is that being a Jr, he'll likely take it with him when he leaves as this will prob be his last new mask at Tech.
            Ryan J
            It's the greatest mask that a Husky has ever had. I'm biased for UMD because our third string goalie Put the fonz from Happy Days on his mask.
            tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Since we like to make fun of early season polls in this thread, I thought I'd mention that Boston University climbed up into the 15th spot in this week's USA today poll after being unranked last week. They must have had a great week of practice.

Comment

Originally posted by oldish husky View Post
                Since we like to make fun of early season polls in this thread, I thought I'd mention that Boston University climbed up into the 15th spot in this week's USA today poll after being unranked last week. They must have had a great week of practice.
                That is crazy...Michigan Tech went from "23" to "17" but BU passed Denver and neither played.
                Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

College Hockey All Access - Ferris State Bulldogs vs. University of Michigan

Really nice production aside from a few hokey moments. Tech's athletic department could learn a lot from this.

Comment

With some impressive wins last night, this could be the beginnings of a very interesting season in the WCHA.

Never saw the Bemidji result coming at all. Absolutely shocking.

Top 3 may be enough for NCAA tourney if this keeps up. We better bring our lunch pales and go to work every game. 60 minutes or more every night, nothing less.
                    Last edited by HuskyNation; 10-11-2014, 10:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                      That mask is full of win.

GFM
                      This is Coyle's mask, Metallica style. I love it:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/By8ukjQCUAE9oKh.jpg
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

I tried to watch the stream of the intra squad game but it was basically unwatchable and I gave up. 10 seconds of play followed by 2 minutes of buffering. I'm glad the university did it just to get the kinks out, but there are some kinks still.
                        MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                          I tried to watch the stream of the intra squad game but it was basically unwatchable and I gave up. 10 seconds of play followed by 2 minutes of buffering. I'm glad the university did it just to get the kinks out, but there are some kinks still.
                          Huh. Worked great for me the entire time.

Comment

Any comments on the scrimmage?

Comment

The stream worked fine for me.

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                              Any comments on the scrimmage?
                              I turned it on with a few minutes to go in the 1st half. Didn't get to play super close attention to it, I was doing other things too, but it was 1-0 at halftime, goal by Patrick Anderson from Vallis.

Goalies: Wintjes played a half, Kero played a half for white. Phillips was going to play all for black to act like a game, but after halftime Mel told dirk they wanted to get the Goalie kid out of Duluth some playing time. He's been around the team because Wintjes was injured, and they at one time they weren't sure Wintjes would play at all in the 1st half of the season due to injury.

Mel shortened the 2nd half to 20 mins instead of 25, wanted the guys to play with more intensity, more game like. Hard with only 8 Dmen per side. No Birks and Schuldt.

David Johnstone did not play, banged up at LSSU. Could've played, and did practice last week, just being cautious.

Mel was happy with the crowd. It looked okay, the few shots of the stands I saw for a scrimmage.

Comment

Mel's on the Hockey on Campus radio show this week, at the 15 min mark. Mostly high level stuff about the team.

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/hockeyoncampus/

Comment

Working...
                                X