X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 2014-2015

Originally posted by Mel Pearson
    Just lost a recruit, looking forward to coming here. Other school kept bothering him. Then the coach wanted to call and talk to Mel about something, no interest in talking to him. Honor/integrity mean a lot to Mel, must not to others.
    That's an unusually fiery statement by Mel. Wow.

Comment

#1 in the USA Today/USA Hockey Poll as well.

Comment

The last poll the Huskies topped was the old WMPL coaches poll in 1976. It's great to see.

Comment

I hopped over to the BU thread to catch some complaints about the rankings and all I see is "Tech is ranked #1, good for them, they deserve it." How can I perpetuate my baseless dislike for hockey east if they continue to be civil and open minded????

I guess there's always the HE refs.

Comment

Originally posted by <3_Blizzard View Post
            #1 in the USA Today/USA Hockey Poll as well.
            Very pleasantly surprised.....with all the recent disparaging of the WCHA as a weak conference by various bloggers, I worried that Tech's record might not get the credit due it.
            It's hard to call the conference weak when Tech, Kato, BGSU, Northern and Ferris are all tough teams and our non-conference +/- is impressively high.
            Still, I took a screenshot of USCHO showing Tech at #1.....

Comment

Originally posted by oldish husky View Post
              I hopped over to the BU thread to catch some complaints about the rankings and all I see is "Tech is ranked #1, good for them, they deserve it." How can I perpetuate my baseless dislike for hockey east if they continue to be civil and open minded????
              QU fan here… Huge congratulations! It sure felt good when we got that #1 next to our name. It may be meaningless to some but there's no shame in enjoying the heck out of it! Keep doing damage! #AllHailJohnson'sJerseys

Comment

wow.

thanks to fans of other schools for stopping with congratulations.

wow. Huskies #1. cant quite wrap my brain around that yet.
                Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                  Not meaningless at all.
                  especially if it sticks in the craw of the nachos.
                  congrats Tech.
                  Bowling Green St. Univ. '88 SUNY Potsdam '79

Comment

Well, three out of four aren't bad.

Preliminary math on the PWR has had Tech as #1 for two weeks.
                    USCHO and USA Today/USA Hockey both rank Tech as #1.

Buccigross on the other hand:
                    @Buccigross: BucciMane #cawlidgehawkey Top 10
                    1 NDakota
                    2 Minnesota
                    3 BU
                    4 Michigan Tech
                    5 MinnDuluth
                    6 Miami
                    7 Vermont
                    8 Quinnipiac
                    9 Lowell
                    10 Minn St
                    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                      The last poll the Huskies topped was the old WMPL coaches poll in 1976. It's great to see.
                      Are you positive? I was going to track this down, but if you're sure...
                      Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

When I checked this morning there were 815 reserved seats left for Friday and 893 for Saturday. As of a few minutes ago there are 696 for Friday and 764 for Saturday.

Comment

The Techies haven't exactly been playing against the nation's best, but when you win 10 straight games against anybody, that's impressive. To pseudo-quote Herb Brooks, even the Soviets would lose 1 game in 10 against USA. Congrats, well done, and well deserved.
                          BGSU Class of 2017

Comment

Well, that's pretty cool.
                            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by Critical Thinker View Post
                              The Techies haven't exactly been playing against the nation's best, but when you win 10 straight games against anybody, that's impressive. To pseudo-quote Herb Brooks, even the Soviets would lose 1 game in 10 against USA. Congrats, well done, and well deserved.
                              That is the truth, they deserve a ton of credit for winning 6 straight road games this year among those 10. Not many teams sweep on the road even when not playing the nation's best...
                              Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Good job!
                                UNLEASH THE FURY!!!!!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLMMx3MRi0s

Comment

Working...
                                X