This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 2014-2015

Congrats Huskies and Husky fans. Was out of town Saturday so missed the game. I said all I needed to on the BSU thread after Friday's game. Will probably rejoin your discussion in February when the Beavers head east. Nice visiting with you all.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
      If not for military appreciation, those [BSU] jerseys should be burned.
      Of all the teams that have done these jerseys over the years, I have yet to see anyone use a WINTER camo pattern on their jerseys. You're wearing them for a sport played on ICE and you're the home team that should be wearing WHITE. How has no one thought of this yet? I guess it is good job security as "the jersey guy" as apparently no one else sits up at night and thinks about this kind of stuff. Like will the GLI have super cool 50th anniversary throwback jerseys?
      Ryan J

PS - Kudos to Tech for NOT wearing this Huskies jersey. I wouldn't not oppose a military jersey down the road, but they can do better than this prototype.

Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
      https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
      Originally posted by geezer
      Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
      Originally posted by manurespreader
      ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Congrats Michigan Tech on your great start. Hope you guys reach the tournament to end the long drought.
        QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
        2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
        2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
        2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
        https://twitter.com/QHockeyBlog
        https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
        https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
          Of all the teams that have done these jerseys over the years, I have yet to see anyone use a WINTER camo pattern on their jerseys. You're wearing them for a sport played on ICE and you're the home team that should be wearing WHITE. How has no one thought of this yet?
          The Chicago Wolves (AHL) did a winter camo jersey pattern in 08-09.
          https://mbasic.facebook.com/photo.ph...ce=49&refid=13

Not sure why other teams haven't jumped aboard doing a winter camo pattern either. Would have loved to have seen the Wildcats in one, but agree that it could be done better than that MTU prototype.

Of note, since MTU uses Reebok now, they have access to their patterns to use. From the Red Wings discussing their Camo jerseys: http://redwings.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=738157
          The Wings will be the 27th different NHL team to wear the camouflage uniforms. It is a standard Reebok practice jersey, like the ones worn by every NHL team. The difference being the green camouflage color-scheme and the inclusion of a black-and-white logo as well as black numbers and names with white outline.

The NHL provides league-wide jersey options for events such as Hockey Fights Cancer and Military Appreciation Night. The templates are then provided to teams that choose to participate. Boyer initiated the effort for the Wings’ themed warm-up jerseys.
          *edit* Clay Wilson was traded to the Chicago Wolves just after the Wolves donned these specialty camouflage jerseys.
          Last edited by aparch; 11-16-2014, 07:37 PM.
          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Tech moves up to #2 in the SBN Rankings with 2 first place votes. BU is #1.

Comment

• Originally posted by <3_Blizzard View Post
              Tech moves up to #2 in the SBN Rankings with 2 first place votes. BU is #1.
              I would disagree. but, hey, its early and they are poles.
              Originally posted by mtu_huskies
              "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
              Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
              Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                I would disagree. but, hey, its early and they are poles.
                I can see us remaining behind BU but I can't see us remaining behind Minnesota or UND at this point but I have a feeling the USCHO/USA Today Polls will probably have us behind 2 or 3 of them.
                Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

These games against Mankato and UMD will tell us the rest of the story.
                  Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                  USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

• Originally posted by geezer View Post
                    These games against Mankato and UMD will tell us the rest of the story.
                    Let's say Tech splits with Mankato and Duluth and sweeps Huntsville. They go into the GLI with the same amount of wins as last season and one win less than Russell's last three years combined. Outstanding.
                    Beat em' Beat em' MTU!!!
                    Northern Sucks

Comment

Originally posted by TECHFAN View Post
                      Let's say Tech splits with Mankato and Duluth and sweeps Huntsville. They go into the GLI with the same amount of wins as last season and one win less than Russell's last three years combined. Outstanding.
                      It'll be fun to watch for sure. If they sweep both, let's start building a new trophy case. If they get swept twice, they probably aren't a tournament team. Let's hope for 3 wins in these games and clear legitimacy. I have no idea what will happen, they didn't look great in Bemidji from what I hear. And if UAH sweeps them, let's be honest, it would be a huge disappointment.
                      Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                      USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

• Originally posted by geezer View Post
                        It'll be fun to watch for sure. If they sweep both, let's start building a new trophy case. If they get swept twice, they probably aren't a tournament team. Let's hope for 3 wins in these games and clear legitimacy. I have no idea what will happen, they didn't look great in Bemidji from what I hear. And if UAH sweeps them, let's be honest, it would be a huge disappointment.
                        I didn't see it so I couldn't say for sure. That they swept Bemidji says a lot to me though. Previous Tech teams would've played that way and lost at least once, or maybe get one tie. They didn't play their best and still got 4 points.
                        Beat em' Beat em' MTU!!!
                        Northern Sucks

Comment

• Originally posted by TECHFAN View Post
                          I didn't see it so I couldn't say for sure. That they swept Bemidji says a lot to me though. Previous Tech teams would've played that way and lost at least once, or maybe get one tie. They didn't play their best and still got 4 points.
                          Generally, it seemed Bemidji tried to play their usual strategy. Get a lead and gum up the works.
                          Originally posted by SCSU Euro
                          What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Mel Pearson mentioned the record is helping recruiting and that some of the verbals have signed. Here is my revised list of who I think will sign now:

Mitch Reinke
                            Chris Gerrie
                            Cooper Watson
                            Jake Kauppila
                            Mitch Newsome

I have a feeling Redmond will wait to see if Phillips leaves early.
                            Rostagno and Brown could sign in the spring period depending on how things go and Gingell will probably be fall 2015 when he signs.
                            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Mel mentioned that Tech lost a commit . . . do you know who that was?

Comment

Originally posted by lawdoggies View Post
                                Mel mentioned that Tech lost a commit . . . do you know who that was?
                                http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new...commitment.php

Comment

Working...
                                X