X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 2014-2015

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    Glad to say that I was wrong. I was expecting a letdown, but I guess I underestimated this team's grit. This weekend's games were the kind of games Tech has never won since I started following the team, until now, it seems.

I expect a #1 or #2 ranking this week.
    IMO, Tech did not look great tonight. BSU was outplaying them consistently. That being said, Tech found a way to win. Grit, as you say. That impressed me. A game (or series) that could have gone either way, and Tech took it. This could be a very special team by year's end.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
      IMO, Tech did not look great tonight. BSU was outplaying them consistently. That being said, Tech found a way to win. Grit, as you say. That impressed me. A game (or series) that could have gone either way, and Tech took it. This could be a very special team by year's end.
      Visually speaking, this weekend was by far their worst effort, except maybe the 2nd period of one of the games at FSU. They got outshot both nights and lost the faceoff margin by ALOT. Certainly won't win most of them when that happens but they found away this weekend with timely goals and some huge saves.

Mel will have plenty of ammo this week to keep them working hard on improving.
      Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
        Visually speaking, this weekend was by far their worst effort, except maybe the 2nd period of one of the games at FSU. They got outshot both nights and lost the faceoff margin by ALOT. Certainly won't win most of them when that happens but they found away this weekend with timely goals and some huge saves.

At least BSU's Minecraft jerseys distracted us somewhat from Tech's play.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post

I agree with all of this.

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
          At least BSU's Minecraft jerseys distracted us somewhat from Tech's play.
          If not for military appreciation, those jerseys should be burned.

Comment

I woke up his morning and WOW its not a dream! 10-0. that sounds so nice. 20 WCHA points. that sounds even nicer.
            Originally posted by mtu_huskies
            "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
            Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
            Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

It is a good day in Tech land.

Comment

I agree with that, A GREAT day to be a Husky.

Having said that, We have to do better on face-offs . It just gives the other team too much of an edge. AND we have to be better in not taking so many penalties, geesh.
                I was there when the team was undefeated at home and everyone was real pumped but at the end of the year they faded. It's great to be this high so far but the end of the year is what counts.

Otherwise, I think Tech will be number 2, and BU number 1.. I agree BC should not be in the top 10 even after the msu win. Also Duluth should get into the top 5 with that weekend.

Oh, and right now where I am, it's 90 degrees and sunny
                MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Tech looked as good as they did against Michigan in the first portion of the first period on Friday. The tape to tape passing and puck movement was excellent.
                  Their next best showing was the third period on Saturday. Bemidji did out skate them for stretches of each period, but I was confident.
                  This next weekend is the real deal. Tech lost 3-0 last year and tied them 1-1 in the infamous "why not pull your goalie game for home ice"
                  Pietila, Johnstone, and Kero were not our best players this weekend, they played great at portions, but were not at their peak.
                  We need them at 100 this weekend vs Kato. I hope they take care of getting ready. As everyone has said, two wins on the road is awesome.
                  Also, the D continues to impress. The only mistake I recall easily was not challenging the shooter on the Bemidji 2nd goal on Saturday.

I hope we can give Kato our best shot at home. I expect points again next weekend.
                  Last edited by Huskiefan906; 11-16-2014, 09:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                    O.M.G.!! this team! Jamie Phillips! do you believe?
                    I believe I am happy Copely signed the pro deal.
                    "Michigan Tech is to NCAA Hockey, what the Original Six is to the NHL" - Ryan Johnson

Comment

correction - we have 16 WCHA points
                      Boosh Factor 4

Comment

The Beavers executed their game plan well this weekend. The Huskies are just finding ways to win. Exciting times in the Copper Country and for alumni everywhere.

The players are responding to Mel's challenges.

Comment

• Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                          correction - we have 16 WCHA points
                          I thought you were just being bold for next weekend.

Comment

not that bold ... yet. I'll bask in the 10-0 for awhile and then worry about the ManCows.
                            Boosh Factor 4

Comment

I'm still rooting for Tech to be #1 coming into Huntsville after Thanksgiving. Gobble gobble!

GFM
                              Geof F. Morris
                              UAH BSE MAE 2002
                              UAHHockey.com

Comment

Congrats on the great start. Heck it wasn't all that long ago it took you two seasons to get ten wins.
                                "I find that the most trouble encountered with quotes on the internet is figuring out their authenticity"
                                -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Working...
                                X