This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 2014-2015

I have to say I didn't fully buy in last year when Mel was saying the close losses at UM and Notre Dame would help us. But we were composed tonight when we were down or up 1. Impressive!

Mel's postgame interview:
    Don't think that they had a real good shot on that last PK
    Want to explain the rule: in college hockey you can close the hand on the puck, just a whistle, no penalty, different in NHL
    Our guys did a fabulous job, liked our 3rd period
    Gutsy effort, proud of our guys, it'll make our 8 hour bus ride that much more enjoyable, wont get home til 7AM
    Petan had a great weekend, maybe a little off last weekend, him and Tanner, really good line and weekend
    A lot of solid efforts, at times we need to play with more urgency, but we're getting points and finding ways to win
    Next weekend will be one heck of a series, they've got tremendous forwards
    like our team, compete level, turned it up in 3rd
    We did a good job of clearing rebounds, blocking shots, they put pucks on net in 3rd, Jamie made some good saves, good for him
    We made a few tweaks to PP for 2nd/3rd and we found our legs for some reason, started to skate with forecheck
    So excited for these guys, who would've thought we'd be 10-0, so happy for fans/alumni we had some lean years

Comment

Originally posted by stuckinwi View Post
      That's the thing though, this is the kind of game we've seen against us so many times. You seem like you should win, but you don't. LOVE being on this side of the coin.

Mel says the call was just plain wrong in the post game. Should have been a whistle, not a penalty.
      This exactly, so many times since I have been following Tech we have thouroughly outplayed the opposing team but ran into a hot goalie or just didn't have the guy in the right spot to get the rebound goal or things like that and lose a 1 goal or 2 goal after the ENG game, feels a million times better to be on the other side of that now.
      2005-2006: 7-25-6
      2006-2007: 18-17-5
      2007-2008: 14-20-5
      2008-2009: 6-25-7
      2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

Originally posted by <3_Blizzard View Post
        So will we be #1 or #2?
        If UND has gotten swept, I would say there's a chance at being #1, but I think we'll be #3 or #4. Especially since BU beat Maine on the road last night.

Comment

In my opinion, the voters of the meaningless polls have no reason to NOT put Tech either #1 or #2 on Monday.
          #1 Minnesota 7-3-0 with two losses on the weekend
          #2 North Dakota 8-2-1 with a split on the weekend
          #3 BU 6-1-1 won their only game this weekend
          #4 UMass-Lowell 7-2-2 with a split on the weekend
          #5 Michigan Tech 10-0-0 with a sweep
          #6 Colgate 8-3-1 with a win and tie
          #7 Miami 8-4-0 split with #2 UND
          #8 BC 5-5-0 split this week (lost to Harvard early in the week) - BC shouldn't even be ranked with 5 losses IMO.
          #9 Minnesota State 7-3-0 (no games this weekend)
          #10 Vermont 7-2-1 with a split this weekend.

I will understand the pollster's logic if MTU can't pass BU who didn't lose, but if they don't pass UM-L, UND and Minnesota at this point well then the Huskies can just play with a chip on their shoulder next weekend and smoke Mankato and prove they deserve better.

Ryan J
          Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
          https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
          Originally posted by geezer
          Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
          Originally posted by manurespreader
          ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

This team is for real. Phillips is a rock. Haven't see a goalie who just solidly waits for the play. Very entertaining to watch. Good game. Congrats.

Comment

Classic Mitch Lake...

Comment

its a no brainer to me who should be #1. the 10-0 team.
                Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                  If UND has gotten swept, I would say there's a chance at being #1, but I think we'll be #3 or #4. Especially since BU beat Maine on the road last night.
                  I think #3 is the lowest we will be, I think #2 is the spot we end up. BU, MTU, ND, but i could see ND hanging in at #2 still. Not that it matters anyways, we are #1 in the only 2 rankings that matter the WCHA standings and PWR (even though it is early). Actually WCHA is #1 & 2 in PWR.

Comment

Glad to say that I was wrong. I was expecting a letdown, but I guess I underestimated this team's grit. This weekend's games were the kind of games Tech has never won since I started following the team, until now, it seems.

I expect a #1 or #2 ranking this week.
                    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

I don't know if Tech will be #1, but I know one team from the big 10 that won't be #1. It's time for the conference of champions to assume it's rightful position at the throne.

Comment

This team is a rockin'-and-a-rollin'. The Mac will be doing the same next weekend. The whole arena,(including the townie side) should really be into it. Get your A55es out of your seats for this team.
                        MTU Huskies 3 time NCAA Champions... and going for more.
                        2017-18 WCHA playoff Pick'em Champion!

Comment

Well no love from Buccigross, but I suppose ranking Tech ahead of those other schools wouldn't get him enough retweets.

Comment

Don't know what the number will be, but it has to be impressive.
                            10-0 Huskie PROUD
                            GO DU !!!

Comment

if you guys don't make the NCAAs so help me gord... I know it can happen, but geez are you guys primed.
                              BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                              Skating Friar Jersey
                              AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                              UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                              Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

HEY Tech won again! Saddest thing is, I'll still be overseas next weekend and will miss the biggest series to date.
                                Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                                USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Working...
                                X