This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 2014-2015

I'm stuck listening this weekend too. The only weekend I can actually watch, and I'll be driving/out of town. Oh well, it is what it is.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
      I'm stuck listening this weekend too. The only weekend I can actually watch, and I'll be driving/out of town. Oh well, it is what it is.
      dish anywhere app on your phone!
      Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

I'm excited. each new week brings a challenge. split on the road? if we split, we drop out of the top ten, the hockey world says "see, told you so" and half of our posters go away. we need to win both.
        Originally posted by mtu_huskies
        "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
        Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
        Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
          I'm excited. each new week brings a challenge. split on the road? if we split, we drop out of the top ten, the hockey world says "see, told you so" and half of our posters go away. we need to win both.
          I don't see them dropping out of the top ten if they split on the road...#2 North Dakota split a home/home with Bemidji.
          #1 Minnesota swept but that was at home, same with Minnesota State.
          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
            All of the teams Tech swept have subsequently proven to be not so tough. I do think we'll drop if we split with Bemidji and possibly out of the top ten. That's fine by me, as unbeaten streaks and rankings are an unnecessary distraction. Better, however, if we can get that first loss to Mankato instead of Bemidji. A split with Kato wouldn't drop us as far. However, if we sweep Bemidji, I think we move up at least two spots in the poll. We won't pass Minnie or ND unless they lose or tie this weekend. I like our chances, since Minnie is playing UMD (possible split) and ND is playing Miami (possible split). If they both drop a game and Tech sweeps, I think we'll go to #1.

Comment

Originally posted by UpNorthHockey View Post
              All of the teams Tech swept have subsequently proven to be not so tough. I do think we'll drop if we split with Bemidji and possibly out of the top ten. That's fine by me, as unbeaten streaks and rankings are an unnecessary distraction. Better, however, if we can get that first loss to Mankato instead of Bemidji. A split with Kato wouldn't drop us as far. However, if we sweep Bemidji, I think we move up at least two spots in the poll. We won't pass Minnie or ND unless they lose or tie this weekend. I like our chances, since Minnie is playing UMD (possible split) and ND is playing Miami (possible split). If they both drop a game and Tech sweeps, I think we'll go to #1.
              Who exactly has proved anything? LSSU is what they are...if the UAA vs FSU game proved UAA sucks, doesn't it also prove that FSU is pretty good? We swept both of them. As far as Michigan goes, they're 2-2 against the Hockey East including a win over UML...they're no slouch.

Comment

I would expect the Huskies to have a different lineup tonight, knowing what skill sets match up best against Bemidji.

I'm going out on a limb to say that L'Esperance, Heinonen, and Baltus are all on the ice. Steman and Eick will need some size with them so there's L'Esperance, Heinonen is too hot to split from Neville and Gould, and I like Baltus with Kero/Petan.

Can't see any changes for the defense, the usual pairings should be included.

As far as the pipes, ride 'er 'til she bucks ya. Phillips it is.

Comment

Does anyone know of any places that might be showing the game in Houghton/Hancock??? Would be nice to socialize a bit watching the Huskies!!! If not, I'll have to stay home and make my wife watch hockey Go Huskies!!! I would really like a nicely wrapped win for my birthday today. Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                    I would expect the Huskies to have a different lineup tonight, knowing what skill sets match up best against Bemidji.

I'm going out on a limb to say that L'Esperance, Heinonen, and Baltus are all on the ice. Steman and Eick will need some size with them so there's L'Esperance, Heinonen is too hot to split from Neville and Gould, and I like Baltus with Kero/Petan.

Can't see any changes for the defense, the usual pairings should be included.

As far as the pipes, ride 'er 'til she bucks ya. Phillips it is.
                    You can basically see 2 lines are set with them being grouped in every game thus far:
                    Johnstone-Pietila-Sturos
                    Gillies-Kero-Petan

We also have two other pairings that have been together alot:
                    Neville (C)-Gould (RW)
                    Eick (W)-Steman (C)

Neville/Gould have been grouped primarily with Heinonen so far which has gone well in those 4 games and Eick/Steman have primarily been matched up with L'Esperance. Baltus and Hietala are the other players who have seen the ice.

I'd have to think that right now the odd man out on the trip is either Hietala or Baltus. I'd also expect that Auk is the extra D-man on the trip...

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                      Who exactly has proved anything? LSSU is what they are...if the UAA vs FSU game proved UAA sucks, doesn't it also prove that FSU is pretty good? We swept both of them. As far as Michigan goes, they're 2-2 against the Hockey East including a win over UML...they're no slouch.
                      It proves that none of them are top 10 teams......perhaps decent teams, but with inconsistent play. I'm just pointing out what the pollsters are likely to key on if Tech splits. After all, we all know there are plenty of pollsters in the "power" conferences waiting to say "I told you so" if Tech loses.

Comment

Originally posted by UpNorthHockey View Post
                        It proves that none of them are top 10 teams......perhaps decent teams, but with inconsistent play. I'm just pointing out what the pollsters are likely to key on if Tech splits. After all, we all know there are plenty of pollsters in the "power" conferences waiting to say "I told you so" if Tech loses.
                        Hopefully they are smarter than that to understand that fact that there is a difference between Michigan Tech overperforming because no one is likely to stay undefeated and the actual floor of where MTU belongs based on their season thus far...I mean Minnesota State is top-10 now and they have 3 losses right?

Comment

Originally posted by Hatch_man View Post
                          Does anyone know of any places that might be showing the game in Houghton/Hancock??? Would be nice to socialize a bit watching the Huskies!!! If not, I'll have to stay home and make my wife watch hockey Go Huskies!!! I would really like a nicely wrapped win for my birthday today. Thanks in advance.
                          Don't think thats possible Hatch_man, sorry. I don't know what the rules are this year on group viewing of WCHA.tv but previously there was a fee associated with permission to have a group viewing.
                          Last edited by Shirtless Guy; 11-14-2014, 03:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                            Hopefully they are smarter than that to understand that fact that there is a difference between Michigan Tech overperforming because no one is likely to stay undefeated and the actual floor of where MTU belongs based on their season thus far...I mean Minnesota State is top-10 now and they have 3 losses right?
                            True....Kato is WCHA and top 10 with a fairly weak record. It would be tough to drop a 9-1-0 team from the top 10 for any reason.

Comment

Since MTU's previous opponents are not that great, then MTU is doing what they are supposed to do: beat them. A split with BSU won't change that, IMO. If MTU had lost to one of those previous opponents, then you MAY have an argument.
                              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

I am surprised Vallis is not getting a look.

Comment

Working...
                                X