This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 2014-2015

Didn't see it posted anywhere but MTU recruit Mitch Reinke was selected to represent the USA in the WJAC.

Comment

Go Tech! we are going to give the shiny new improved WCHA.tv a try tonight. wish us luck!
      Last edited by huskyfan; 11-14-2014, 01:19 PM.
      Originally posted by mtu_huskies
      "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
      Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
      Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

I'm worried about this weekend. I think the streak ends in Bemidji.
        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
          Shame on you for sandbagging. Leave that to the professionals in Grand Forks.
          I was told there would be no math...

Comment

Originally posted by herbst20 View Post
            Didn't see it posted anywhere but MTU recruit Mitch Reinke was selected to represent the USA in the WJAC.
            Thanks, its back about a page:
            Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
            MTU recruit Mitch Reinke was named to the USA roster for World Junior A Challenge, Dec. 14-20 in Saskatchewan.
            I'm excited to see an american recruit in this tournament for MTU. We've normally had a couple Canadians and probably should again, but its awesome to see someone on team USA.

Birks, Gillies, Hannoun, and Neville have all played in this tournament.

I would expect Chris Gerrie and Hannoun to have a good chance of making Canada West this year.
            Last edited by Shirtless Guy; 11-14-2014, 10:12 AM.
            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
              I agree, that target on Tech's back is getting pretty big because of the streak. We're going to see teams' best efforts.
              Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
              USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                I agree, that target on Tech's back is getting pretty big because of the streak. We're going to see teams' best efforts.
                I'm worried about this weekend. Hopefully they continue to play well and find a way to keep the streak alive but its going to end at some point and the Beavers in Bemidji has normally not been very good to MTU.
                Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

I'm worried about this weekend. Hopefully they continue to play well and find a way to keep the streak alive but its going to end at some point and the Beavers in Bemidji has normally not been very good to MTU.
                  How awesome is it that we are worried about losing instead of winning? I'm still thoroughly confused by all this...
                  MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

Originally posted by stuckinwi View Post
                    How awesome is it that we are worried about losing instead of winning? I'm still thoroughly confused by all this...
                    It is extremely confusing to me as well.

In other news, some of you talked about missing some things from THG so instead of doing the linkorama I'm just going to share the link to the google doc I've used to make it over the years which I try to update weekly.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...0E&usp=sharing

Just beware, I haven't finished updating the alumni tab and I haven't done anything with the "other" tab since I stopped doing linkorama

Comment

Yes worried, they are no longer a surprise. It's a new step for them, can they win when others know they are good.

Comment

Does anyone know who traveled?

Does Auk get a shot this weekend? Leibinger took a couple penalties last weekend; does Mel give him a break?

Hietala, Baltus, Heinonen, or Lesperance on the trip? (Obviously some of them are but most likely not all)

Comment

It's important to pound it in deep and make the beavers respond. I think we have a good group that can eat up space in front and maybe get a tip in. As always, if the beavers prove to be too tough it's best to pull out and regroup. We might see things get physical and get some sloppy points. I think Johnstone will be there for some backdoor shots. I hope the boys don't shoot their wad Friday night and show up tired on Saturday. In this league you have to be able to get it up every night and stick it to them. Go Tech!!!
                          Last edited by Broseph Stalin; 11-14-2014, 12:15 PM.

Comment

Since BSU is at home, Minnesotans should be able to watch the game on TPT (channel 202 Comcast in the west Twin Cities metro). I'll have that game on in the background, while I listen to the Gophers game on the radio.
                            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                              Since BSU is at home, Minnesotans should be able to watch the game on TPT (channel 202 Comcast in the west Twin Cities metro). I'll have that game on in the background, while I listen to the Gophers game on the radio.
                              can you do your computer to your tv and are gophers on BTN?

Comment

can you do your computer to your tv and are gophers on BTN?
                                I still have to have cable (or pay a subscription) to watch the Gophers online. I actually don't mind listening to the game. /TBT
                                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Working...
                                X