X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Michigan Tech 2014-2015

Originally posted by mtu_huskies View Post
    Good to hear I'm not alone in the getting kicked out, getting the error message when trying to log back in. I noticed that this happens every 20 mins exactly, so they have some work to do on their end if my session is expiring and I have to log back in during the middle of the game.

Otherwise the feed wasn't too bad, but it's a step backwards from last year which is disappointing.
    The Sunday feed was fine, had audio the whole time. I did get some buffering that dropped the feed from full screen, but never got logged out. Turned the HDMI cable around from the TV may have been my problem on Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
      I tried listening to the Tech broadcast team via their own web page on a separate browser tab, but they were 5-10 seconds ahead of the WCHA.TV feed. The time difference was simply too much (both feeds were fine, but just really annoying because of the video time lag) so I just used the LSSU audio via the WCHA.TV feed.

Ryan J
      If you listen to WKMJ by using pasty.net and RealPlayer or the Windows Player, you can pause the stream and delay it like a DVR. I used that trick on Saturday and it worked well - until the video feed took a dive.

Comment

I would be surprised if Birks stayed. Can't even practice until after Christmas. Hopefully they can retain him.
        "The top three worst things I've seen in hockey? The invention of the trap. The invention of the morning skate. And the invention of the extremely ugly uniform."

—Brett Hull

Comment

Originally posted by eye4talent View Post
          I would be surprised if Birks stayed. Can't even practice until after Christmas. Hopefully they can retain him.
          I might agree with this, if the Pens had drafted Birks in the first three rounds. He went in the 6th, so he's considered, at best, a mid-level prospect in any NHL organization.

That must have been some "technicality" to hold him out of practices for the first semester. I'm thinking there's more to this story than Mel is allowed to say.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
            I might agree with this, if the Pens had drafted Birks in the first three rounds. He went in the 6th, so he's considered, at best, a mid-level prospect in any NHL organization.

That must have been some "technicality" to hold him out of practices for the first semester. I'm thinking there's more to this story than Mel is allowed to say.
            if he leaves, he gets an all expense paid trip to Wheeling, WV
            "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Brett Boeing was the forward of the week in the USHL
              http://www.juniorhockey.com/news/new...?news_id=83463

Brett Boeing, F, Dubuque Fighting Saints: The 19-year-old netted four goals over two games as Dubuque earned a weekend split. He scored his team's lone goal in Friday's 4-1 loss to the Waterloo Black Hawks. The second-year forward then tallied a goal in each period of Saturday's7-1 victory against the Omaha Lancers, the first win of the season for the Saints. It was the first multi-goal game of Boeing's USHL career after putting up 10 total goals for the team last season. He also posted a plus-three rating and fired a game high eight shots on net. He currently leads the entire USHL this season with four goals. The Barrington, Illinois native is committed to Michigan Tech University.

Comment

Originally posted by Wi.Huskies Fan View Post
                2 weeks between games is a long time.
                Maybe we should temporarily reopen the off season thread.

Comment

The only thing that makes this 2 week break acceptable is that the Huskies managed a sweep. They did something that they struggled at times to do last year, beat a team they were supposed to and they did it with limited practice due to the scheduling mistake by LSSU. Thankfully they have 4 points in conference and 2 weeks to work on things before FSU.

Here are how things look so far:
                  Scoring Offense 5.0 GPG - Great
                  Scoring Defense 2.0 GPG - Good
                  Power Play 22.2% (2/9) - Good
                  Penalty Kill 93.3% (14/15) - Good
                  Penalties 16.0 PIM/G - BAD
                  Shots Allowed 18.0 SPG - Good
                  Save percentage .900 (4/36) - OK
                  Shots Per Game 38.0 SPG - Good
                  Scoring 15 players (3 frosh, 3 d-men, 10 of top 11 returners on score sheet [CJ Eick]) - Good
                  Goals 8 players (1 frosh, top 7 scorers) - Good
                  Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Tech recruit Trevor Cope currently leads the NAHL in goals scored with 9 goals in 10 games.
                    http://nahl.stats.pointstreak.com/scoringleaders.html

Comment

Originally posted by mtu_huskies View Post
                      Brett Boeing is awesome at hockey
                      Originally posted by UpNorthHockey View Post
                      Tech recruit Trevor Cope also
                      I love these updates, building optimism for future years.
                      Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                      USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Michigan Tech was featured on CHN's watch list:
                        http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new...watch_list.php
                        "Is This the Year For Michigan Tech?"

One thing I've noticed is that everyone that has reviewed the Huskies has pointed out a different freshman as someone to watch. That must be a good sign.
                        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                          I love these updates, building optimism for future years.
                          I'm particularly happy for Trevor, as he seemed to be getting a bit long in the tooth without moving to the higher leagues. Shows that he's progressing and his scoring touch translates well into the NA, which is a tough, gritty league.

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post

One thing I've noticed is that everyone that has reviewed the Huskies has pointed out a different freshman as someone to watch. That must be a good sign.

In my opinion I think it's a great sign of things to come for Tech. I have enjoyed watching Trevor Cope play in person a few games. He's the kind of player that you love playing on your team but hate to play against. He plays with a physical edge.
                            BLEED BLUE

Comment

Originally posted by PerkyforPrez View Post
                              In my opinion I think it's a great sign of things to come for Tech. I have enjoyed watching Trevor Cope play in person a few games. He's the kind of player that you love playing on your team but hate to play against. He plays with a physical edge.
                              Should be a great player to add some depth and keep scoring ability on a 3rd or 4th line.

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post

Proofreading published articles must be a thing of the past.
                                I wish Coach "Peterson" and the coach of "Lake Super State" the best of luck in their endeavors.......whoever they are.

Comment

Working...
                                X