X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 2014-2015

Originally posted by Broseph Stalin View Post
    As far as I know this is it. I suspect THG has pushed the athletic dept to engage more online. After years of complaining they've finally posted game shots online for purchase, we have some video interviews, they post more news. Just a few examples there. So cheers to the THG guys for (I believe) getting it done.
    Originally posted by foser View Post
    Any suggestions out there on where I should go for my information? This forum is (almost) my sole source of team information. THG has done a good job over the years (and thanks for the live chats, btw), but as Shirtless pointed out life happens and the standard is hard to hold up. Is there another active student/recent grad group that takes the effort to pull in lots of information and present it logically so I don't have to? I'm not really interested in Twitter - way more inconsequential than in here. Maybe I should migrate back to the beat writers.
    Thanks we tried very hard to force them to do more with what they had. It was really quite pathetic what we could do with very little money and hardwork. I've run low on time but this season seems to get me interested in doing something again. Does anyone have any suggestions on what they miss most about what we used to do or what they think is lacking most amongst the current coverage between CHN, USCHO, WCHA, MTU? Let me know what you think is the most lacking.

Originally posted by eye4talent View Post
    Do you know the rule for guys who are on academic scholarships? Do they count against the 18? I don't believe they do.
    Academic scholarships do not count against the 18 at the D1 level.
    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

• Originally posted by Andrew J Carter View Post
      I realize that. That's why I am only seeking "probationary status" to be an occasional Tech poster. I suppose I will also lose points if I wear my 1971 NMU basketball letter jacket to the game Friday. Will that disqualify me?
      you want Bemidji to win this weekend AND you are a NMU grad AND you want to be a Tech poster? we can't stop you, but I'd vote "no" "no way" and "hell no". then put you on ignore. you are delusional.
      Originally posted by mtu_huskies
      "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
      Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
      Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
        you want Bemidji to win this weekend AND you are a NMU grad AND you want to be a Tech poster? we can't stop you, but I'd vote "no" "no way" and "hell no". then put you on ignore. you are delusional.
        Does Michigan Tech currently have letter jackets? If not, have they ever? I have a letter from Tech (from the athletic department, an award, not a postal letter! this is a serious question).

Comment

I'm nervous about this weekend. BSU clearly backs away from no one and desperately needs 3-4 points at home to keep pace with the top half.

Comment

Originally posted by oldy ish husky View Post
            I'm nervous about this weekend. BSU clearly backs away from no one and desperately needs 3-4 points at home to keep pace with the top half.
            Bemidji has had one of the tougher schedules to begin the season. I think they are better than their record indicates.

I will be at both games to find out if Mel Pure Son has the team where he wants them. Go Tech!

Comment

To the newbies....you'll see some of your big brother fanbase (the U) in December. We'll be the the loud ones. Come say hi.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                To the newbies....you'll see some of your big brother fanbase (the U) in December. We'll be the the loud ones. Come say hi.
                The Miami Hurricanes don't play hockey.
                tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                  Who are they, besides a bunch of criminals, besides Jim Kelly of course. He's a saint.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                    The hell they don't!!

I had no idea they were Tech's big brother school, though. Seems like an odd pairing.
                    Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                    Originally posted by Quizmire
                    mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                    MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                    MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                    I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                      Ask Michigan and Michigan State how well the "big brother" moniker is working out.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                        The hell they don't!!

I had no idea they were Tech's big brother school, though. Seems like an odd pairing.
                        Not school. Fanbase.

Comment

Is that kinda like a Big Brother/Big Sister thing?

Is Brent implying that the Michigan Tech fanbase came from a broken home and needs someone to look up to after all these years of being downtrodden?
                          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Hmmm... should Tech survive the trip to BSU, I think I see a pasty sale in the Huskies Band's future.

(to fund a bigger wagon.)
                            Originally posted by WiscTJK
                            I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                            Originally posted by Timothy A
                            Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                              Is that kinda like a Big Brother/Big Sister thing?

Is Brent implying that the Michigan Tech fanbase came from a broken home and needs someone to look up to after all these years of being downtrodden?
                              I think Brent is implying that Gopher fans really just want cameras in all of our houses, just like they have it in the TV show Big Brother. Most likely so they can be exposed to our greatness 24 hours per day.
                              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

CHN is starting to care more about the WCHA with a weekend preview this week:
                                http://blog.collegehockeynews.com/20...iew-nov-13-15/
                                Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Working...
                                X