X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 2014-2015

Originally posted by foser View Post
    Cool! Can Coach Pearson ascend into the top spot by next year? Who's #1 anyway?

Honestly, it's a good reminder of how bleak it was for so long and how good this season feels. Stay hungry guys!

Huskies #1!
    You are my favorite Michigan Tech fan ever.
    Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
    when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
    Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Can someone smarter than I explain why KRACH has MTU at #35 while Pairwise and RPI both have Tech at #1??

It appears that KRACH isn't even worth being posted...

Comment

Originally posted by Pure Mel View Post
        Can someone smarter than I explain why KRACH has MTU at #35 while Pairwise and RPI both have Tech at #1??

It appears that KRACH isn't even worth being posted...
        Divide by zero type error if I remember right. It doesn't work for undefeated teams.

Have a read here: http://www.mscs.dal.ca/~butler/krachexp.htm
        Last edited by stuckinwi; 11-11-2014, 10:24 PM.
        MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

Honestly, it's a good reminder of how bleak it was for so long and how good this season feels. Stay hungry guys!

Huskies #1!
          Oh for Christ's sake.

I give up.

We have these kinds of posters now (again).
          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by stuckinwi View Post
            Divide by zero type error if I remember right. It doesn't work for undefeated teams.

This. Also see: MN Women's Undefeated Hockey Team. They broke the system. It was astounding.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by stuckinwi View Post

OK...Thanks...SO KRACH will not work for Tech this year! Haha. I'll stick to pairwise.
              Last edited by Pure Mel; 11-11-2014, 11:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                Oh for Christ's sake.

I give up.

We have these kinds of posters now (again).
                You sound like a real jerk!
                I'll be proud to wear some red from someone with your attitude.

Edit: do everyone a favor and give up like you said you would.
                Last edited by Seawolf Fan; 11-11-2014, 11:53 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post

I think he's from the Lower Peninsula.....
                  Last edited by HuskyNation; 11-12-2014, 06:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post

You're obviously as clueless as the original poster. Now run off, back to where you belong, and quit commenting where you're not wanted.
                    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

You're obviously as clueless as the original poster. Now run off, back to where you belong, and quit commenting where you're not wanted.
                      I try to avoid commenting here for this exact reason and I'm a yooper and try to attend as many Tech games as I can. Got called out a while back for being lazy by someone who has no clue about me, because I chose to watch a home game on the internet instead of attending in person.

Can't remember for sure who commented about the lack of new posters, blamed it on other media such as twitter. I believe it has more to do with the treatment you get if your not in the circle of regulars on this particular thread. You've got to have thick skin around these parts.

Comment

Originally posted by rustedblades View Post
                        I try to avoid commenting here for this exact reason and I'm a yooper and try to attend as many Tech games as I can. Got called out a while back for being lazy by someone who has no clue about me, because I chose to watch a home game on the internet instead of attending in person.

Can't remember for sure who commented about the lack of new posters, blamed it on other media such as twitter. I believe it has more to do with the treatment you get if your not in the circle of regulars on this particular thread. You've got to have thick skin around these parts.
                        There is a definite problem with a new Tech poster not knowing who John MacInnes is, IMO. How do you even go to games, follow the team, cheer for them without figuring out that the guy's name is on the building?

RIP - Kirby

Comment

I'm appalled.

Comment

There is a definite problem with a new Tech poster not knowing who John MacInnes is, IMO. How do you even go to games, follow the team, cheer for them without figuring out that the guy's name is on the building?

Fortunately for Tech everyone that attends does not know everything there is to know about Tech. In fact I would say most of the incoming freshman know very little about hockey and certianly may not know who MacInnes is or his significance to Tech Hockey no more than they would know about anyone else whose name is on a building. If you want to build the Tech fan base welcome these people in and educate them. Don't belittle them and talk down to them. I don't know you personnally but I do know that some posters on here were clueless about Tech hockey history and hockey in general when they walked on campus oh so many years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                              really good stuff! hats off to Matt! Thank you!

no, we will lose some games. I could see splits with Bemidji, Mankato and Duluth. but winning GLI. the NMU games will be something else!

Actually I started looking into traveling up for the NMU games... Saw that there aren't any hotel rooms available in Houghton for Sat. Jan 10th... Is that normal for "comeback weekend" up there? Looking like camping out in MQT might be a better option... Just looking at racking up the miles between MQT and the Keweenaw that weekend since I want to hip up Mt. Bohemia that weekend as well...

Might even have to buy tickets ahead of time... First time for everything I guess
                              It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by rustedblades View Post
                                Fortunately for Tech everyone that attends does not know everything there is to know about Tech. In fact I would say most of the incoming freshman know very little about hockey and certianly may not know who MacInnes is or his significance to Tech Hockey no more than they would know about anyone else whose name is on a building. If you want to build the Tech fan base welcome these people in and educate them. Don't belittle them and talk down to them. I don't know you personnally but I do know that some posters on here were clueless about Tech hockey history and hockey in general when they walked on campus oh so many years ago.
                                This is like if someone moves to Green Bay, goes to some Packer games, logs on to a Packer message board, and asks "Who is this Lombardi guy?"

edit: I don't want to scare people away, more fans, and more Tech posters is a good thing. I would encourage you and everyone else to keep posting. At the same time, try to be a little knowledgeable, we're talking about the basics here. I don't need you pull Bob Mancini or Newell Brown out of your ***. Also, even long time posters get ripped here. I encourage any new posters to rip back (see Broseph Stalin), and as long as you're not a complete dumbass (Pink Pony, for example), you'll be fine, and you'll fit in nicely.
                                Last edited by bigblue_dl; 11-12-2014, 09:13 AM.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Working...
                                X