X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 2014-2015

Originally posted by herbst20 View Post
    Reinke looks great so far in Cedar Rapids. Getting top PP minutes and top 4 pairing overall minutes. Extremely high character kid from a great family. I would like to see him add more weight however.
    If Reinke keeps it up, I could see him jumping into the 2015 frosh class, especially since he's doing it in the USHL.
    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
      You could argue it's easier to win the B1G than a national title (this year).
      Yes. You would be safe making that argument, especially this year. I don't like Minnesota much, but I do respect the fact that they are serious about their hockey program. Ohio State isn't serious. Michigan's administration doesn't care. Barry Alvarez doesn't know the school has hockey. I guess if one team has to win the conference Minnesota is probably the least offensive. I miss Doug Woog whining all the time about Tech's physical play. Those were the days.

Comment

Originally posted by Broseph Stalin View Post
        Remember, the WCHA has 37 national championships to its credit.
        You do realize that 31 of those were won by teams no longer in the conference, right?
        Originally posted by WiscTJK
        I'm with Wisko and Tim.
        Originally posted by Timothy A
        Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
          You do realize that 31 of those were won by teams no longer in the conference, right?
          You realize your team sucks right? They'd be a WCHA bottom-feeder if allowed back.
          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
            You realize your team sucks right? They'd be a WCHA bottom-feeder if allowed back.
            Not sure how that's relevant, or if it's even true, except at this very moment. But I don't mind you living it up a little. You guys deserve it.
            I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Not sure how that's relevant, or if it's even true, except at this very moment. But I don't mind you living it up a little. You guys deserve it.
              The WCHA has claimed Michigan's titles from the 1940s for a very long time and I never once heard that crap then did you? The current composition of the WCHA still has 8 titles which isn't too shabby, certainly not the number it used to be with the likes of Minnesota and North Dakota. The Big Ten has a ton of National Championships in the past but that isn't really helping them at all right now. I know you came here to make sure our poster understood that #, but I really don't care about that #. It's quite irrelevant, because we live in a what have you done for me lately world and hopefully the WCHA can win a title and send a giant F U to all the teams that thought they'd be better off without us...
              Last edited by Shirtless Guy; 11-11-2014, 01:32 PM. Reason: forgot BGSU title

Comment

That Matt Messina story is great.

GFM
                Geof F. Morris
                UAH BSE MAE 2002
                UAHHockey.com

Comment

The WCHA has 37 national championships to its credit. That's 37 more than the Big 10 and NCHC have won. Combined. I'm sure I could come up with more facts and stats like these but I'm laughing so hard I'm crying!

Oh man. Is it Friday yet?

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                    That Matt Messina story is great.

GFM
                    Yeah it is. He's playing for a local amateur team and agreed to help out for our intrasquad game and apparently we've got him still. Happy Veterans Day to him and all others!

Comment

The current composition of the WCHA still has 7 titles which isn't too shabby,
                      By my count, the current WCHA has 8 titles.
                      Lake State (3)
                      Tech (3)
                      BGSU (1)
                      Northern (1)
                      Bowling Green St. Univ. '88 SUNY Potsdam '79

Comment

Originally posted by blackswampboy View Post
                        Lake State (3)
                        Tech (3)
                        BGSU (1)
                        Northern (1)
                        sorry sir, I admit I forgot about BGSU's run to the title. I apologize.

Comment

• Originally posted by blackswampboy View Post
                          Lake State (3)
                          Tech (3)
                          BGSU (1)
                          Northern (1)
                          Correct.

But, BGSU and LSSU won theirs as members of the CCHA, so the WCHA only has four titles.
                          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                            Correct.

But, BGSU and LSSU won theirs as members of the CCHA, so the WCHA only has four titles.
                            If we do that then the number is 37, not 4...It's either 8 or 37, not 4.

Comment

If we do that then the number is 37, not 4...It's either 8 or 37, not 4.
                              I like the 37 number. I think the WCHA needs a motto reflecting this rich history. I also like the Big 10 at 0 and the NCHC at 0. Yes, it's ridiculous, but so is the argument that the WCHA is weak when we're racking up quality non-conference wins. As per the yahoo article discussion the sample size for these new conferences is too small and they haven't been able to beat the vaunted ECAC teams. It's only Tuesday.

Comment

I didn't mean to derail this thread with that earlier comment, but as it's only Tuesday...

Geez. The B1G is claiming 23 titles and 68 FF's??? Not sure who to believe now...

Hang on...

Ok... So I just added up all the titles won by various conference iterations and it comes to 762 National Championships.

So no worries! Turns out there are plenty for everyone! (even Atlantic!)
                                I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Working...
                                X