X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 2014-2015

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    Thinking more about the Bar/Grill idea. I think the biggest hurdle is convincing the University that it is a good idea, mostly because you'd have to sell booze to make it work. You would have a small bar area inside, with big windows overloooking the ice. Inside you'd have 4-5 high tables, and a bar top, with a small kitchen (nothing fancy, just a deep frier and a grill for burgers and such). Outside the bar, towards the ice, you'd have a 3-tiered drink rail, with bar stools, it would be like a patio outside the bar, only it would be tiered, and overlooking the ice. Partner with a local restaurant or bar, to sponsor it and run it. Think "The Library at the Mac" or "Joey's at the Mac", etc.
    BTW Wisconsin has announced that they will be selling alcohol at the Kohl, but only to gold level donors.

Having said that, I'd be real happy just with permanent seats and more suites. I think the whole thing needs to put on the front burner with some fan input. Even at that, it might take 2 or 3 years to get the project done.
    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

So is Tech going to run the table or do you see a loss somewhere on the schedule? WCHA crown seems like a lock!
      PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
      Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
      NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
        So is Tech going to run the table or do you see a loss somewhere on the schedule? WCHA crown seems like a lock!
        I don't see a loss anywhere on there. Watch out '69-'70 Cornell.
        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

On the off chance you might be really asking another question, looks to me like we split with Mankato, and with Duluth, both between now and christmas, and we might let down and lose one this weekend too, who knows.
          Will minny sweep Duluth?

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
            BTW Wisconsin has announced that they will be selling alcohol at the Kohl, but only to gold level donors.
            That might be more because they need alcohol to be able to sit through more than a period and a half of the kind of product the Badgers are putting on the ice these days. They're like Tech circa 2009 bad.
            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

• Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
              On the off chance you might be really asking another question, looks to me like we split with Mankato, and with Duluth, both between now and christmas, and we might let down and lose one this weekend too, who knows.
              Will minny sweep Duluth?
              It's not will they sweep, it's by how much?

I was really asking if they had a game ppl thought they were likely to lose. It is an odd question. Usually you'd be searching for a win (like WI).
              Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
              NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

It's not will they sweep, it's by how much?

I was really asking if they had a game ppl thought they were likely to lose. It is an odd question. Usually you'd be searching for a win (like WI).
                To be serious for a second, I see a split this week @Bemidji, I think Bemidji is better than their record shows. They've played a brutal schedule. And I see a split against Mankato at home, Mankato is good enough to steal one in Houghton. I don't see Tech losing to UMD, or Huntsville, so that would put them at 14-2 going into the GLI.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Good stuff - a feature on your 4th string goalie might not initially catch your eye, but when you find out he served a tour in Afghanistan that changes things immediately. Well produced and classy. Thanks Matt and all veterans for your service.

http://michigantechhuskies.com/sport...zWC-0.facebook

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                    Good stuff - a feature on your 4th string goalie might not initially catch your eye, but when you find out he served a tour in Afghanistan that changes things immediately. Well produced and classy. Thanks Matt and all veterans for your service.

Good piece. There are guys who contribute but never play. Thanks to all of them, they make the team better.

And btw, Close Air Support... one of the most fun things you can do in an airplane. Only thing better is Mig cap.... with real migs.

Comment

• Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post

really good stuff! hats off to Matt! Thank you!

no, we will lose some games. I could see splits with Bemidji, Mankato and Duluth. but winning GLI. the NMU games will be something else!
                      Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                      "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                      Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                      Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by herbst20 View Post
                        Michigan Tech Recruit Jacob Olson has switched his commitment to Harvard
                        Originally posted by mtu_huskies View Post
                        There's more to it I'm sure, but I'm guessing he wanted to play next year but Mel usually wants kids to play one year of USHL even if they stay through their senior year of high school.
                        I had Olson penciled in for 2017 so I'm not surprised he left for Harvard if they're willing to bring him in next season. I don't know if he would have been pushed back that far in the end but I'm not sure I see him jumping Rostagno, Brown or Reinke right now? Plus I'm not sure we can expect to see them continue to carry 10 defensemen on the roster forever. We have 5 defensemen still on the committed list (3 previously mentioned plus Gingell & Watson). Will be interesting to see who signs during the early signing period which starts soon.
                        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by mtu_huskies View Post
                          Summary of the Mel Pearson show for those that missed it.
                          http://www.techhockeyguide.com/wp-co...11/banners.jpg

Forwarded a banner design I had done a number of years back.
                          Last edited by Flashy Man; 11-11-2014, 09:59 AM.
                          Originally posted by SCSU Euro
                          What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Tech is unstoppable at this point. It's easier to win a national championship than survive a season and win the WCHA title. It's a lot like the SEC championship game. That's really the national championship and any bowl game after that is a victory lap. Remember, the WCHA has 37 national championships to its credit.

Comment

You could argue it's easier to win the B1G than a national title (this year).
                              Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                                I had Olson penciled in for 2017 so I'm not surprised he left for Harvard if they're willing to bring him in next season. I don't know if he would have been pushed back that far in the end but I'm not sure I see him jumping Rostagno, Brown or Reinke right now? Plus I'm not sure we can expect to see them continue to carry 10 defensemen on the roster forever. We have 5 defensemen still on the committed list (3 previously mentioned plus Gingell & Watson). Will be interesting to see who signs during the early signing period which starts soon.
                                Reinke looks great so far in Cedar Rapids. Getting top PP minutes and top 4 pairing overall minutes. Extremely high character kid from a great family. I would like to see him add more weight however.

Comment

Working...
                                X