This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    Done. At this point, I can't even remember the rating scale (other than 10 was "convinced Tech will lose every remaining game this season" and 1 was something like "will win every remaining game, including the national championship"), but 3.0 sounds about right for the time being.

I think the scale was something like that. I'm at a 4

Comment

• Re: Michigan Tech 2014-2015

Originally posted by <3_Blizzard View Post
      Was anybody else surprised L'Esperance didn't play Saturday? I thought he was one of our best players Friday. I guess it doesn't matter since we won, but it had me scratching my head a bit.
      You're right, but he may have gotten bruised up or his conditioning might not be at the same level as the other guys and was most in need of a rest. One thing that impressed me was playing through the adversity from the refs! The weird major penalty call on Gillies, and Kero's stick was blatantly held a couple of times for no call at all. Most of them played through it, other than Blake losing his cool again.
      Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
      USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

I felt like the officials swallowed the whistles on Saturday night - anything short of 5 and a game, they didn't bother to call it. There were a lot of calls that could have been made on both teams towards the end of Saturday and very few of them got whistled.

As far as Jamie needing to be rested vs BSU, if the games go like Friday night, he could play two games a night - very little action on this end. I even felt like he started wandering a bit just to touch the puck and find something to do at times. I honestly don't think college goalies really wear out physically. They are playing at most two games a week with 5 days off in between. I would guess if he needs time off it would come out of practice time.

Ryan J
        Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
        https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
        Originally posted by geezer
        Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
        Originally posted by manurespreader
        ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Was anybody else surprised L'Esperance didn't play Saturday? I thought he was one of our best players Friday. I guess it doesn't matter since we won, but it had me scratching my head a bit.
          It seems like the message from Mel during these Ws is that the lineup changes haven't been due to bad play, but because fresh legs and rewarding people that had a good week of practice plays into it to.

Comment

Saw this tweet and I was thinking along these lines last week, thinking about the season we only won 6 games and we had already won 6 this year. Just the reality of how lean the Ws were for so many years.

‏@INCH Michigan Tech beat Alaska Anchorage tonight to go to 8-0-0. Huskies won 8 or fewer games in 10 of 16 SEASONS between 1996-97 and 2010-11.

Comment

Originally posted by mtu_huskies View Post
              It seems like the message from Mel during these Ws is that the lineup changes haven't been due to bad play, but because fresh legs and rewarding people that had a good week of practice plays into it to.
              Keeps everyone hungry at each practice. Work hard, get rewarded

Comment

I wasn't surprised to see Hietala in the lineup on Saturday . . . he also has played well and has been pretty productive.

Comment

Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
                  We need Jamie rested for the Mankato series. Will Wintjes get a game in Bemidji with the streak?
                  Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                  I cant see sitting Phillips with his hot hand. Bemidji wont roll over for us.
                  I can see staying with Phillips and the hot hand. He certainly seems to be very composed. As to the Mankato series -vs- the Bemidji series, points are points . . . points from Bemidji are as good as points from Mankato.

Comment

Phillips pretty much texts his girlfriend most of the game, puts the phone down, makes a quick save and goes back to the phone. he's not tired.

as Geezer said,the Gilles 5 minute was ridiculous.

I'm a 2. verging on negative numbers. I know it wont go on forever but is this a fun ride or what?
                    Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                    "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                    Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                    Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by lawdoggies View Post
                      I can see staying with Phillips and the hot hand. He certainly seems to be very composed. As to the Mankato series -vs- the Bemidji series, points are points . . . points from Bemidji are as good as points from Mankato.
                      And the Beavers are no slouches. Sure, they most likely aren't going to be competing for the league title, but if a team shows up and turns in a less than full effort Bemidji is very capable of taking advantage. They are better than they have been the past couple years.

Clearly I'm not as familiar with Pearson nor the goaltending situation in Houghton as the other folks in this thread, but I've never liked the idea of starting the clear #2 in a series against a middling team when result is still important.
                      Holiday tournaments? The last week before the postseason when league placing is already decided and pairwise implications are limited? Sure. Early/mid season when you are rolling along well and have done well to put yourself in position when the stretch starts? Not so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post
                        And the Beavers are no slouches. Sure, they most likely aren't going to be competing for the league title, but if a team shows up and turns in a less than full effort Bemidji is very capable of taking advantage. They are better than they have been the past couple years.

Clearly I'm not as familiar with Pearson nor the goaltending situation in Houghton as the other folks in this thread, but I've never liked the idea of starting the clear #2 in a series against a middling team when result is still important.
                        Holiday tournaments? The last week before the postseason when league placing is already decided and pairwise implications are limited? Sure. Early/mid season when you are rolling along well and have done well to put yourself in position when the stretch starts? Not so much.
                        I'm with you there... No reason Phillips doesn't continue to start if you ask me.
                        MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                          My poll prediction for Monday - Huskies in the top-5 with a dozen first place votes.
                          Ryan J
                          Looking at the other scores, it should be:
                          1. Goofs
                          2. Whioux
                          3. Michigan Technological University Huskies
                          Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.

Comment

I don't know if I can handle a top 5 ranking yet.

I know Mel's all about keeping them grounded, especially since their games against UAA were far from perfect, but I also worry a jump into the top 5 will just set them up for disaster in Bemidji.

Comment

I feel the KRACH is much more accurate on Tech's ranking.
                              Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                              when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                              Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                                I feel the KRACH is much more accurate on Tech's ranking.
                                looks like a great system! Clearly no need to revisit that formula.

Comment

Working...
                                X