This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    Will be tough to win in Bemidji. Seems like the scores are always close when they go out there. Hopefully, this weekend got them used to grinding things out again.
    True. Although Bemidji plays a more uptempo game.

Is it time to resurrect the Boosh factor?

Comment

• Re: Michigan Tech 2014-2015

yes.
      Originally posted by mtu_huskies
      "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
      Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
      Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

I need to double check my year by year data but I'm pretty sure this is the best start Michigan Tech has ever had, no more qualifiers of "since 19##." They have never started 9-0
        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by oldish husky View Post
          Is it time to resurrect the Boosh factor?
          Done. At this point, I can't even remember the rating scale (other than 10 was "convinced Tech will lose every remaining game this season" and 1 was something like "will win every remaining game, including the national championship"), but 3.0 sounds about right for the time being.

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
          I need to double check my year by year data but I'm pretty sure this is the best start Michigan Tech has ever had, no more qualifiers of "since 19##." They have never started 9-0
          I believe 8-0 ties the record from '72-'73.

Comment

My bet offer still stands. No takers?
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
              Done. At this point, I can't even remember the rating scale (other than 10 was "convinced Tech will lose every remaining game this season" and 1 was something like "will win every remaining game, including the national championship"), but 3.0 sounds about right for the time being.

I believe 8-0 ties the record from '72-'73.
              They also started 8-0 in 1965-66
              Gonna be awhile before we can talk about longest win-streak. Michigan Tech won their last 20 games in 1961-62 plus won their first 2 in 1962-63.
              Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Unexpected trends starting to show up on the stat sheet: Gould is the only forward at +5 (Hanna is at +6), and Heinonen has a point in every game played (3-1-4 in 4). The games will get tougher for a couple weeks yet, what a fun year though.
                Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                  Unexpected trends starting to show up on the stat sheet: Gould is the only forward at +5 (Hanna is at +6), and Heinonen has a point in every game played (3-1-4 in 4). The games will get tougher for a couple weeks yet, what a fun year though.
                  It's great to see a guy like Gould performing. Through 8 games of the season, he's 2 points off his career best already. Unexpected production from a guy like him can only help this team continue to win games.

Comment

Six players at a point a game. Wow.

This is the most complete team effort consistently over a string of games from Tech I've seen. Mel's 2011 team was close, and Jamie's 2007 team was close too. I've never seen a Tech team in the last 15 years carry the play like this team.
                    Last edited by HuskyNation; 11-09-2014, 08:09 AM.

Comment

Hey, great to see Tech kicking arse and taking names. Story of the year so far.

Comment

And we have Vallis, E. Anderson, Blacklock and P. Anderson yet to even play a game. These guys will make it tough in practice to continue to sit them.
                        I think Gould has reached everydayer as they recruited him for his offense and it is now showing.
                        Heinonen looks too good to sit now as well.
                        We need Jamie rested for the Mankato series. Will Wintjes get a game in Bemidji with the streak?

As for the D, no weak links and Auk and Davis have to wait.
                        Last edited by Huskiefan906; 11-09-2014, 09:24 AM.

Comment

I cant see sitting Phillips with his hot hand. Bemidji wont roll over for us.
                          Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                          "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                          Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                          Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

• Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                            I cant see sitting Phillips with his hot hand. Bemidji wont roll over for us.
                            Not saying Bemidji will roll, they will be tough as ever, but cannot wear down Jamie and have him tired for Mankato. Just a question, hopefully he can get a breather and some rest after the next 4 games.

Comment

Blacklock and Evan Anderson are both top tier players. Once they're healthy they will be challenging for ice time. Both of them are at the same level as Gillies, L'Esperance and Steman.

Comment

Was anybody else surprised L'Esperance didn't play Saturday? I thought he was one of our best players Friday. I guess it doesn't matter since we won, but it had me scratching my head a bit.

Comment

Working...
                                X