This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 2014-2015

looks like we will be pushing another sellout.
    Originally posted by mtu_huskies
    "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
    Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
    Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
      looks like we will be pushing another sellout.
      I think we can expect to sell more than 3200 tickets to every game...not sure about passing the 4200 for official capacity or the 4466 fire marshall sellout, but it should be an interesting year...especially if they keep winning.
      Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
        I have friends in Florida who know Tony socially. they say he never bad mouths Tech or the area, instead speaks quite fondly. but this is at odds with him being a no show for this weekend. wish we did know the whole story.
        I'm told it's more of a lack of contact/recognition thing....kind of like what the Blackhawks did with their former stars during the Bill Wirtz era. Tech was never big on reaching out to former players and I think a long time passed without any contact between Tech and Tony. I may be remembering this wrong, but I think he was at one of the Tech summer hockey schools I attended in the early/mid 70s. I seem to remember that we all wanted his autograph and ignored Herb Boxer and Jim Nahrgang who were also there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
          I think we can expect to sell more than 3200 tickets to every game...not sure about passing the 4200 for official capacity or the 4466 fire marshall sellout, but it should be an interesting year...especially if they keep winning.
          Have we ever gone over 65,000 total attendance for a season in the last 30 years? With 18 home games this season, that would be 3611 per game. I think it's doable with the current product on the ice. I also think it should be closer to 70,000 or 72,000 total this year. More hype about this team than any other in the last 15-20 years.
          Last edited by HuskyNation; 11-07-2014, 01:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by UpNorthHockey View Post
            I'm told it's more of a lack of contact/recognition thing....kind of like what the Blackhawks did with their former stars during the Bill Wirtz era. Tech was never big on reaching out to former players and I think a long time passed without any contact between Tech and Tony. I may be remembering this wrong, but I think he was at one of the Tech summer hockey schools I attended in the early/mid 70s. I seem to remember that we all wanted his autograph and ignored Herb Boxer and Jim Nahrgang who were also there.
            Tech did a rather poor job of program upkeep for the majority of the 80s, 90s, and aughts, both on and off the ice. By the time the 10-15 years prior to Mel rolled around, can we really blame stars from the past if they didn't want to be remotely associated with the program and the joke the school had allowed it to become?

But this whole drama with Esposito smacks of the old paint store rumors about Susie Pearson never letting Mel come back to Houghton because the shopping sucked, or the winters were terrible, or whatever nonsense it was. We all know how that turned out.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
              But this whole drama with Esposito smacks of the old paint store rumors about Susie Pearson never letting Mel come back to Houghton because the shopping sucked, or the winters were terrible, or whatever nonsense it was. We all know how that turned out.
              That was never the word out of the paint store.
              Originally posted by SCSU Euro
              What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

That damm paint store....its amazing how many people with inside info were in the market for paint.
                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                  That damm paint store....its amazing how many people with inside info were in the market for paint.
                  What is the paint store? The one on bridge street? And how does this relate to the team?

Comment

Originally posted by Broseph Stalin View Post
                    What is the paint store? The one on bridge street? And how does this relate to the team?
                    You ARE new around here!

Several years ago, a poster worked at a paint store in Houghton. A suspiciously large quantity of Tech hockey rumors originated from that paint store, and it became a bit of an inside joke. All "word on the street" kind of information on Tech hockey comes from "the paint store".
                    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Apparently someone from the staff was stopping over there from time to time.

I was wondering about attendance going forward. It would be great if the rink could be full, or nearly so for all the home games. I think it's time to start thinking seriously of expanded capacity if indeed we expect significantly increased demand long term.. Standing room is great once in a while but people want a seat.

I Know it's in the long term plan, but I wasn't that thrilled with that plan when it came out a few years ago.

oh, and to address a topic from earlier in the week. I think if Mel does indeed turn the program into something great, he could name his own price at a lot of schools, not just Michigan. Such as maybe... Wisconsin, or CC, or whoever else is unhappy with the coach . But I believe him when he says he loves it here, and the attitude that certain bloggers have regarding perspective coaches is similar to the attitude the football team had. And we know how that has worked out don't we.

Plus of course Houghton is perfect if you are into the out of doors. Mtn biking, rock climbing, Boating, skiing, all that stuff. Not that that matters to a coach who has no time for it anyway.
                      MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by Broseph Stalin View Post
                        https://www.google.com/webhp?sourcei...0paint%20store
                        Originally posted by SCSU Euro
                        What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
                          That was never the word out of the paint store.
                          I didn't mean your paint store. OK, so it most likely came from the B&B or the Monte.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                            I didn't mean your paint store. OK, so it most likely came from the B&B or the Monte.
                            Thats the West Hancock athletic club
                            Originally posted by Twitch Boy
                            Like the sign out front says, "the price of freedom is visible here."

Comment

• Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                              When is too early to start looking at bracketology? Based on my calculations, I think we'd be the 1 seed in South Bend.

edit: actually, we'd probably be heading to Manch-vegas as the 1 seed.

edit2: and i think we'd get BC in the first round. since they'd have to break up the WCHA matchup between Tech and Alaska.
                              So much for edit 2.

Comment

Originally posted by oldish husky View Post
                                So much for edit 2.
                                That's good. I'd rather not face BC in the first round.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Working...
                                X