• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Michigan Tech 2014-2015

Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
    https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
    Originally posted by geezer
    Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
    Originally posted by manurespreader
    ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Good to see us be the team scoring the empty net goal instead of the one allowing them, but if we take this many penalties, or keep allowing the first goal, Ferris will kill us. Good start and a lot of positives for sure.
      MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Sorry for not having the live chat working tonight. I was traveling back from seeing my mom, who's in the hospital. Hopefully, we'll have a full slate of moderators this year to keep it going.
        Originally posted by SCSU Euro
        What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Nice sweep of a team that I feel you're clearly better than. I'd hoped to see today's game, but then we had a tire puncture on the way back. Good times!

You can split with Ferris. I bet that you will.

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
          Luckily you can watch WCHA.TV on your mobile device, tablet,...
          I was so far in the woods that I barely got cell coverage. I didn't at the cabin at all on Verizon, although the lady got AT&T coverage. In fact, there was only one spot of Verizon LTE in all of town, and I found it by accident.

GFM
          Geof F. Morris
          UAH BSE MAE 2002
          UAHHockey.com

Comment

Looking forward to next series. If it were next week it would be a WCHA matchup for 1 vs 2 in the PWR.

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
              Nice sweep of a team that I feel you're clearly better than. I'd hoped to see today's game, but then we had a tire puncture on the way back. Good times!

I was so far in the woods that I barely got cell coverage. I didn't at the cabin at all on Verizon, although the lady got AT&T coverage. In fact, there was only one spot of Verizon LTE in all of town, and I found it by accident.

GFM
              I assume you got the still running now?
              MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                I assume you got the still running now?
                That stuff will make you blind, man. If I did that, how would I be able to watch WCHA hockey on WCHA.tv?

GFM <— a city boy, to tell the truth
                Geof F. Morris
                UAH BSE MAE 2002
                UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                  Phillips was much better today, giving up 1 goal and the offense continued to roll, 10 goals in 2 games and a road sweep of LSSU to start the season...now 2 weeks of nothing before MTU heads to FSU for a tougher challenge.
                  The time off will give them a chance for full practice with the coaching staff; although 2 weeks between games is a long time.
                  MTU Huskies 3 time NCAA Champions... and going for more.
                  2017-18 WCHA playoff Pick'em Champion!

Comment

how could anyone mix up the Pietila/Hietala guys? there are only about 1200 of them playing in the UP in the last 5 years. I just wish more had the same first name too. so we would have to go with Chad R. or Blake J.
                    Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                    "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                    Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                    Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

The key to a good season is to sweep at home, and sweep on the road, and sweep intrasquad scrimmages, and sweep all neutral-site tournaments. That should take care of things.
                      Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                      USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Honestly, a weekend like that was exactly what they needed in order to set themselves up to meet their own goals. If they think they are a tournament team, and a team that can win the McNaughton, which I'm sure they do, that was a series that must be a sweep, and they came through. Finally, for the first time since about 2006 (but I think they beat a crappy AHA team the first weekend that year, and followed it up with a Friday win against #1 UND) they came out and dominated in the first week, and set the tone for the season the way they want it to be set. Well done.
                        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                          We need to sweep Ferris as payback for the likely pounding they will give us in football.

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                            surely we pay Dave to drive up from MSU.
                            No budget for bringing along analysts. Anyone who joins Dirk on the broadcasts gets there on their own nickel. That's not always easy to convince someone to be there, but a good analyst who has an on-air rapport with the play-by-play voice always makes a show more listenable.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Commissioner View Post
                              We need to sweep Ferris as payback for the likely pounding they will give us in football.
                              Wait, people care about D2 football?
                              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                                why are we having a Michigan State employee doing color for us tonight? we have no one at MTU that can fill in? shameful.
                                Gee, a former Calumet Copper King who is a pretty good broadcaster and knows the game well volunteers and drives from Lansing on his own dime to help out and you complain.
                                Last edited by davyd83; 10-06-2014, 08:40 AM.
                                "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Working...
                                X