This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 2014-2015

Made it to both games this weekend...definitely THE Copper Country hockey event of the last 30 years. I haven't seen the place that packed or with that level of energy since I was a kid back in the mid-70s. It gave me goose-bumps. What a statement for Mel and what a PR boon for the team! And the level of play was just exceptional....very intense effort by all. Everybody was on. Before we start measuring for the arena's new east end seating addition, I must harken back to the Minnesota series two years ago when Petan got his ESPN highlight goal. We were crowing a lot then too. Although I think this Tech team is quite a bit deeper, that team got bitten by the same consistency issues that have always dogged our high-potential teams. I think there will be three keys to this team living up to its potential this year....1 - Jamie Phillips stays hot, 2 - Upperclassmen continue to lead and to score, 3 - Key players stay healthy. I'm optimistic, but we need to be emotionally ready for the first loss/blowout, which is certain to happen eventually.

Comment

This thread has been entertaining...
      Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
      Originally posted by Quizmire
      mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
      MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
      MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
      I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Quick question, is there enough room in the current trophy case for another Nat. Championchip? Or should someone be requesting quotes to get a new one designed and built? I think the new one should have LCD screens built in, with video highlights of each goal this season on a constant loop. And strobe lights, definitely need strobe lights.
        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
          Quick question, is there enough room in the current trophy case for another Nat. Championchip? Or should someone be requesting quotes to get a new one designed and built? I think the new one should have LCD screens built in, with video highlights of each goal this season on a constant loop. And strobe lights, definitely need strobe lights.
          Can't wait to have to change the Tech Hockey Guide Logo.
          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
            You're gonna need new shirts.
            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

You're gonna need new shirts.
              You going with a new font?
              Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
              Originally posted by Quizmire
              mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
              MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
              MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
              I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Ranked #9 in the USCHO poll, with 1 #1 vote received.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Tech up to 9th in the USCHO poll, and received a first place vote! I was figuring they would be just outside the top ten.

Comment

Originally posted by <3_Blizzard View Post
                    Tech up to 9th in the USCHO poll, and received a first place vote! I was figuring they would be just outside the top ten.
                    pretty awesome!

http://www.uscho.com/rankings/d-i-mens-poll/
                    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

UP Engineers and Architects is contracting with Moyle for a new trophy building. Watch for an announcement late this week. We can't afford to wait.

Comment

When was the last time Tech received a first place vote?
                        "Michigan Tech is to NCAA Hockey, what the Original Six is to the NHL" - Ryan Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by 626575NC View Post
                          In the USCHO Poll? Never...but that poll only goes back to 1997. It would have to be in the WMPL poll.

Comment

Should the cowbell be automated or manual?
                            "Michigan Tech is to NCAA Hockey, what the Original Six is to the NHL" - Ryan Johnson

Comment

Um, in this poll? Pretty sure never. I believe the USCHO poll started in 1997.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Should the cowbell be automated or manual?
                                No Cowbell. Never Cowbell. Ever again.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Working...
                                X