This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 2014-2015

remember last fall, Lake State started out 5-0 including sweeping eventual national champion Union, shot up the rankings early, we all know how that season turned out for them. I'm not sayin, I'm just sayin.
    Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
    USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
      remember last fall, Lake State started out 5-0 including sweeping eventual national champion Union, shot up the rankings early, we all know how that season turned out for them. I'm not sayin, I'm just sayin.
      This.

It's now November. In recent history, this is typically our worst month. Once Tech (hopefully) takes care of business at home against Anchorage, they will travel to Bemidji which has been a place of lost opportunities for the Huskies as of late. Then they come home to host arguably the WCHA's most talented team, Mankato. It's been a great start, but I would put a bit more stock in their performance over the next six games.

Comment

I know this is still a month and a half out...but what are the chances of having a Blue Line Luncheon for tUMD weekend? And are there advance ticket sales, or how does that work. Haven't been to one since MN was last up there, and I forget how that all works. A few of us travelers from MN are interested in it.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
          It's now November. In recent history, this is typically our worst month. Once Tech (hopefully) takes care of business at home against Anchorage, they will travel to Bemidji which has been a place of lost opportunities for the Huskies as of late. Then they come home to host arguably the WCHA's most talented team, Mankato. It's been a great start, but I would put a bit more stock in their performance over the next six games.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
            I know this is still a month and a half out...but what are the chances of having a Blue Line Luncheon for tUMD weekend? And are there advance ticket sales, or how does that work. Haven't been to one since MN was last up there, and I forget how that all works. A few of us travelers from MN are interested in it.
            Hopefully, like we talked about and assumed very good chance, considering it's the only home game that month and for a while. I'll be there if there is one.
            tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Again, don't worry. We're kidding. Livin' the dream for a few days.

Three straight sweeps, two against teams with high expectations, is worth a little chest-thumping in celebration. It's been a long long time since we've had a month like this at Tech. We'll have plenty of time for humility after it wears off.
              I was joking with my cupcake/RPI comment. After 20+ years of suck a Michigan Tech fan whines about weak competition? Did I expect to be 6-0 at this point? No. I thought we'd be lucky to split in Big Rapids and split against Michigan. At some point we do have to accept the fact that the team doesn't suck. We're not getting garbage goals, hanging on in the 3rd, and getting an empty-netter for a 2-goal win. We have goaltending, excellent young D-men, and some studs that are making plays up front.

I don't think there's anything wrong with calling out Minnesota. They'd give us a better game than Michigan, but we'd sweep in Houghton. I think we'd take 1 of 2 in Minneapolis. Maybe we'll see them in the tournament and the players can decide. That would be nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Broseph Stalin View Post
                ......but we'd sweep in Houghton. I think we'd take 1 of 2 in Minneapolis. Maybe we'll see them in the tournament and the players can decide. That would be nice.
                HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.......*takes a breath* HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Stop, man, you're killin' me. *wipestearfromface*
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Man, I'd usually have to pay top dollar for the entertainment that Broseph has given me this weekend.

Comment

Whew! Good thing we're 6-0! Got over that hump, and there's no worries now!
                    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                      HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.......*takes a breath* HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Stop, man, you're killin' me. *wipestearfromface*
                      Its Ok, Brent, you can admit that the truth hurts.

Tech could beat the Goofs back when Tech sucked.
                      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

I'll feel more comfortable after the next couple of weekends. Mankato is going to be a real challenge, but luckily in our arena. lets hope the guys keep the focus on one game at a time and dont look ahead. although this team seems to have a degree of grit and level headedness and calm confidence. keep it going guys!,
                        Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                        "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                        Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                        Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

That SBNation poll has Tech at number 6 this week.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                            That SBNation poll has Tech at number 6 this week.
                            Did Mary finally get Michigan Tech in her top 10?
                            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                              Did Mary finally get Michigan Tech in her top 10?
                              YES! She actually has them higher than 1 or 2 other poll people now. Mary has seen the light.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                                YES! She actually has them higher than 1 or 2 other poll people now. Mary has seen the light.
                                Good news, she can now keep her job.
                                "Michigan Tech is to NCAA Hockey, what the Original Six is to the NHL" - Ryan Johnson

Comment

Working...
                                X