X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 2014-2015

Originally posted by Broseph Stalin View Post
    The Big 10 is weak bro. Nothing personal. We have an actual hockey team coming to Houghton next weekend. We're already focused on Alaska-Anchorage. They're our first real test this year so we need to move on from this Big 10 talk.
    Um, I said the B1G is weak, except for MN.

WI is a train wreck (ha ha, Barry!), MI has lost its luster, and frankly, the other schools are consistently not good at all.

Take a lesson from the elders in your fanbase. Don't get too lippy, just enjoy the ride.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
      It was a huge favor for Michigan to come up, same for MSU last year.
      The question now is whether it's worth 2-for-1 deals to get them up here.

Comment

• Originally posted by redwing61 View Post
        The question now is whether it's worth 2-for-1 deals to get them up here.
        After that beating, I do not think they will be anxious to make the trek and stick to the usual GLI games.

Red probably will retire after this year and the UM coach may not feel visiting Tech suits him despite Mel's negotiating skills.

Comment

Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
          After that beating, I do not think they will be anxious to make the trek and stick to the usual GLI games.

Red probably will "retire" after this year and the UM coach may not feel visiting Tech suits him despite Mel's negotiating skills.
          Fixed.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

I still respect Red's accomplishments and agreeing to visit Houghton was just plain cool. the whole town "got up" for it and reminds us of how hockey was played by Tech years ago.

The WCHA is looking strong in the second year. Mel is so awesome, it cannot be underestimated what he brings. I know this is going to spread now as we are on the upswing.

Comment

the schedule gets tougher. I'm not ready to buy my Final Five Tickets ... yet. maybe tomorrow. still, just delighted. I dont think this is a team to let up or take a series for granted. the upperclassmen and coaches have their heads on straight.
              Originally posted by mtu_huskies
              "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
              Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
              Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

There's no problem with scheduling BIG team, we just need to make sure we schedule the ones that aren't cupcakes. The problem is, MN's schedule is packed for the forseeable future.
                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

just for some background for the newbies. we've developed a friendly rivalry over the years with Minnesota, with each teams visiting the other arenas. lots of co-tailgating, visiting each other Blue Line Club luncheons, friendly relations and yes, even a mixed marriage! and a little Gopher / Husky baby. we've had a lot of fun with near fights between coaches, tDon Lucia's hair and John Scott's infamous holding off of two Minnesota players at once. (anyone still have that picture?) basically, most of us cheer for the others team, probably even more so that we are now in different leagues. if there are jabs its usually in good fun. a group of Minnesota fans make a yearly trek to Houghton, often in awful weather, to watch a Minnesota team play, but many cheer for Tech.

Mel mentioned at BL lunch that he was continuing talks with tDon to get a Minnesota series on the schedule, but it was hard because Minnesota wanted to get in the state schools first. but talks are ongoing. Mel said he reminded Don that they played against each other in the Minnesota High School Championships and that Mel's team had won.
                  Boosh Factor 4

Comment

sorry. one more thing. Husky Nation and Shirtless can be proud, the Misfits were 3 sections strong and loud. loved the "easy" button. so appropriate!
                    Boosh Factor 4

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                      just for some background for the newbies. we've developed a friendly rivalry over the years with Minnesota, with each teams visiting the other arenas. lots of co-tailgating, visiting each other Blue Line Club luncheons, friendly relations and yes, even a mixed marriage! and a little Gopher / Husky baby. we've had a lot of fun with near fights between coaches, tDon Lucia's hair and John Scott's infamous holding off of two Minnesota players at once. (anyone still have that picture?) basically, most of us cheer for the others team, probably even more so that we are now in different leagues. if there are jabs its usually in good fun. a group of Minnesota fans make a yearly trek to Houghton, often in awful weather, to watch a Minnesota team play, but many cheer for Tech.

Mel mentioned at BL lunch that he was continuing talks with tDon to get a Minnesota series on the schedule, but it was hard because Minnesota wanted to get in the state schools first. but talks are ongoing. Mel said he reminded Don that they played against each other in the Minnesota High School Championships and that Mel's team had won.
                      This should work:

http://scontent-a-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/h...12&oe=54DCD986

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                        beautiful. oh the wingspan! hey Brent, where do you stay for the final five?
                        Boosh Factor 4

Comment

• Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                          beautiful. oh the wingspan! hey Brent, where do you stay for the final five?
                          I stay at home.
                          I have stayed at the Crown Plaza before. I liked it. And we lost the tailgate lot. Looking for a new one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                            I stay at home.
                            I have stayed at the Crown Plaza before. I liked it. And we lost the tailgate lot. Looking for a new one.
                            I've stayed at the Crowne Plaza before as well. Nice space.
                            Although I highly recommend the place where "Two Trees may be involved" in St. Louis Park, across kitty-corner from a certain bar named for a certain Country Music star.

Comment

• Originally posted by HuskyNation View Post
                              I've stayed at the Crowne Plaza before as well. Nice space.
                              Although I highly recommend the place where "Two Trees may be involved" in St. Louis Park, across kitty-corner from a certain bar named for a certain Country Music star.
                              The Crowne Plaza is currently being renovated into an Intercontinental.
                              Originally posted by SCSU Euro
                              What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                                Great win and well deserved. I'd also like to ask... when was the last time we sold out and when was the last time we sold out two consecutive games. I have no memory of anything like that. BS, is all wet. We like the big and want them in our building. Use your brain BS, think before you speak is a good thing. We get a lot by the big coming up to Houghton. Much more than they get by us going to them. It was a huge favor for Michigan to come up, same for MSU last year.

I would like to see a few things change at the Mac too. Better food, more bathrooms, more suites, and MORE SEATS!.

Huskies number 1 Baby.!!
                                We like the big 10? I don't. I don't care for the 2 for 1 deals even when they throw us some cash. I don't like taking home games away from the kids when they're the ones paying tuition. Home games are part of the experience for which they are paying. Our home is called the John MacInnes STUDENT Ice Arena. I'll take your advice about using my brain, but as you probably know allegiances to sports teams are inherently illogical. Tech has sucked for two generations but lots of us continue to write checks to support the program. Reasonable people say I'm wasting my resources. I tell them the same thing I tell any other critic, and that's not something I'll repeat publicly. Thanks though.

Comment

Working...
                                X