This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 2014-2015

Of course people could just keep voting for the couple of teams they want and screw it up.

Comment

Originally posted by <3_Blizzard View Post
      I based it off how many votes each got, not total submissions so it might just not be a big enough sample size yet.

http://postimg.org/image/reztptl3n/
      In that case I misinterpreted the instructions, because I gave a rank from 1-5 for every team, so I voted for everyone.

Comment

• Originally posted by oldish husky View Post
        In that case I misinterpreted the instructions, because I gave a rank from 1-5 for every team, so I voted for everyone.
        You did it the right way. I guess voting for just a few teams is okay, I just hope people aren't stuffing the ballot box that way.

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
          Looks like 2-4 inches for saturday.

As far as teams visiting, I agree with shirtless. My top 5. Union, Cornell, Minnesota, PSU, Quinnipiac, Mass Lowell. I guess that's 6.

I don't really care to see north dakota ever again, I think WMU is a possibility, though I'm not a big fan of them. I'd love to see an Ivy league team come up but I don't think it's possible. GLI maybe though.

Huskies number 1 baby!!!!
          After the modest attendance bump with WMU in the building, it's a safe bet that the GLI will be a Michigan-centric tourney for the foreseeable future. At any rate, it's booked through 2016 - Ferris, Northern, and then Western again.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
            After the modest attendance bump with WMU in the building, it's a safe bet that the GLI will be a Michigan-centric tourney for the foreseeable future. At any rate, it's booked through 2016 - Ferris, Northern, and then Western again.
            I'm conflicted with that because I like the big names of BC and BU, but at the same time they never really brought much else to the tournament.
            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

I'd like to see teams we havent seen before or see very little of. the Nacho teams, other than Duluth, I dont care if I ever see again unless its to kick their butts in a championship game.
              Originally posted by mtu_huskies
              "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
              Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
              Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                I'd like to see teams we havent seen before or see very little of. the Nacho teams, other than Duluth, I dont care if I ever see again unless its to kick their butts in a championship game.
                Honestly no reason to have MSU there. They bring little to the table even fan-wise.

On the other side of the coin, the Detroit area is NOT as college hockey crazy as many think. It might be Hockeytown but that refers to the Wings and little more.

Comment

Originally posted by giwan View Post
                  Honestly no reason to have MSU there. They bring little to the table even fan-wise.

On the other side of the coin, the Detroit area is NOT as college hockey crazy as many think. It might be Hockeytown but that refers to the Wings and little more.
                  And its not even the real Hockeytown.
                  Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                    The GLI used to be that way in the 80s/90s often.
                    I'm happy to see the real rivalry coming back into play with the Michigan-centric GLI returning. I think it's a good thing for the state, for hockey in the state and for the teams.

Comment

I would much rather see an eastern invite team. An all-Michigan tournament takes away much of the prestige of the tourny. This way makes it like the MN Northstar cup without the hideous trophy.
                      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

I just got home from work and snow covering the grass. It is officially hockey season here for sure.
                        MTU Huskies 3 time NCAA Champions... and going for more.
                        2017-18 WCHA playoff Pick'em Champion!

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                          I'm disappointed that most don't want to see Ellsworth and UMass-Lowell come to Houghton.

i'd love to see that matchup, but don't think it will happen. let's just say Cam and Coach Pearson aren't on the friendliest of terms.

Gameday in the Copper Country. Snow on the ground and blue line luncheon at noon.
                          "The top three worst things I've seen in hockey? The invention of the trap. The invention of the morning skate. And the invention of the extremely ugly uniform."

—Brett Hull

Comment

Teams from the Bi6 and NCHC are not going to be able to do those 2-1 deals anymore, not if they want to fill their schedule. Both leagues need a TON of non-conference games and they are not going to get them by ticking off the other schools in the area. That scam worked when they only need 4-6 games a year, now supply and demand will turn the tables or they'll be taking on teams that require long road trips. If Tech continues to increase their win total each season, teams will be looking to play us and we won't have to go looking for games.
                            Ryan J
                            Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                            https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                            Originally posted by geezer
                            Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                            Originally posted by manurespreader
                            ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

good Blue Line Lunch. good for Red for walking up the hill, taking the time to talk to us and answer questions. Mel sounded relaxed, lets hope the team is too. the Stanley Cup was there and the handlers talked for a bit about their jobs and fun stories of travels with the cup. quite entertaining. also love the pictures of the Cup sitting in the Huskies locker room.
                              Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                              "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                              Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                              Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                                good Blue Line Lunch. good for Red for walking up the hill, taking the time to talk to us and answer questions. Mel sounded relaxed, lets hope the team is too. the Stanley Cup was there and the handlers talked for a bit about their jobs and fun stories of travels with the cup. quite entertaining. also love the pictures of the Cup sitting in the Huskies locker room.
                                It was a good one! Should drawn the 50/50 from the cup though...
                                MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

Working...
                                X