X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 2014-2015

Originally posted by Broseph Stalin View Post
    How did you guys come up with the 1000 standing room spots? I see 200 for sale on the ticket site. Do they hold on to 800 SRO for walk-up only? When I go to the menu to select my own seat I can't see section H, P, the alumni suite, or the SRO on the zamboni end. Can you guys actually see those seats on your computers? I've tried using chrome and IE on a few different computers and it looks the same- it cuts off at just above the crease.

Friday can't come soon enough.
    Sections H and P are not on the first screen when you can see the whole arena but after you pick a section, the pull down menu allows you to select Section H, both of us assumed Section P is the same size...who knows if that is true but it should be close. The suites are based on other publications from MTU, including the brochure I got when I looked into renting at suite.
    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by 626575NC View Post
      If like college football, they count the players, coaches, band, trainers etc. all as attendance.
      Yep, that's pretty common in college hockey. We do it. I think that our windage and elevation on that is 75-100 (I always heard our twice-ago-now hockey SID do it at 80, and I think the last guy went to 90).

Oh yeah — Go Tech!

GFM
      Geof F. Morris
      UAH BSE MAE 2002
      UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by stuckinwi View Post
        Greet them at the top hits of '83 blasting?

1. Every Breath You Take, The Police
        2. Billie Jean, Michael Jackson
        3. Flashdance...What A Feeling, Irene Cara
        Billboard Top 100 from the weekend that Michigan last graced Houghton with their presence:

http://www.billboard.com/charts/hot-...2?page=9#print
        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
          Billboard Top 100 from the weekend that Michigan last graced Houghton with their presence:

http://www.billboard.com/charts/hot-...2?page=9#print
          Those tunes bring back some memories, both good and bad.
          MTU Huskies 3 time NCAA Champions... and going for more.
          2017-18 WCHA playoff Pick'em Champion!

Comment

Originally posted by redwing61 View Post
            On the Mel Pearson Show today Mel asked to hear from the fans about which non-conference teams they'd like to see in Houghton.

I put together a survey.

Share the link with Huskies fans everywhere!
            90 votes so far. Thanks, everyone.

I'll compile the results and email Dirk before the next Mel Pearson Show. Maybe they'll resume the discussion.

Comment

90 votes so far. Thanks, everyone.

I'll compile the results and email Dirk before the next Mel Pearson Show. Maybe they'll resume the discussion.
              Top Ten by Average Ranking:

1 - Michigan Wolverines - 4.45
              2 - Minnesota Golden Gophers - 4.38
              3 - Michigan State Spartans - 4.22
              4 - Wisconsin Badgers - 4.10
              5 - Boston College Eagles - 4.00
              6 - Notre Dame Fighting Irish - 3.99
              7 - RPI Engineers - 3.81
              8 - Minnesota-Duluth Bulldogs - 3.78
              9 - Boston University Terriers - 3.75
              10 - North Dakota - 3.55

Comment

Originally posted by <3_Blizzard View Post
                Top Ten by Average Ranking:

1 - Michigan Wolverines - 4.45
                2 - Minnesota Golden Gophers - 4.38
                3 - Michigan State Spartans - 4.22
                4 - Wisconsin Badgers - 4.10
                5 - Boston College Eagles - 4.00
                6 - Notre Dame Fighting Irish - 3.99
                7 - RPI Engineers - 3.81
                8 - Minnesota-Duluth Bulldogs - 3.78
                9 - Boston University Terriers - 3.75
                10 - North Dakota - 3.55
                Might want to go a little deeper, not enough of those seem realistic.
                Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                  I'm thinking about weighting votes based on how many selections were actually made. There are a number of votes in which a few teams were given 5s and the rest were blank.

Comment

I'm thinking about weighting votes based on how many selections were actually made. There are a number of votes in which a few teams were given 5s and the rest were blank.
                    ok, I'm thinking they are searching for teams like RPI that interest us that they are pretty much guaranteed to get 1 for 1 deals. I'd love to keep UND, UMD, Michigan, MSU, Wisconsin on the schedule but those don't feel like 1 for 1s except UMD.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                      ok, I'm thinking they are searching for teams like RPI that interest us that they are pretty much guaranteed to get 1 for 1 deals. I'd love to keep UND, UMD, Michigan, MSU, Wisconsin on the schedule but those don't feel like 1 for 1s except UMD.
                      Yeah, I'm a bit disappointed with the results so far (though I will handle them fairly). Not a lot of interest in the storied ECAC programs, and a lot of interest in programs that dropped us from their conference. I hope fans' apparent preference for Big Ten opponents doesn't mean we start accepting more 2-for-1s.

Comment

Yeah, I'm a bit disappointed with the results so far (though I will handle them fairly). Not a lot of interest in the storied ECAC programs, and a lot of interest in programs that dropped us from their conference. I hope fans' apparent preference for Big Ten opponents doesn't mean we start accepting more 2-for-1s.
                        Yes, I'd love to see Cornell, Princeton, Yale, Clarkson, RPI, Union, Harvard, UMass-Lowell, New Hampshire, Providence, Merrimack.

Comment

I think there's a decent chance we will get Wisconsin up to Houghton within the next couple years. Mel said a few weeks back that they had talked about it, and he plans to have a face-to-face discussion with Eaves and Alvarez when Tech is down in Madison this January.

Comment

CHN wrote an article on Phillips.

Comment

Looks like 2-4 inches for saturday.

As far as teams visiting, I agree with shirtless. My top 5. Union, Cornell, Minnesota, PSU, Quinnipiac, Mass Lowell. I guess that's 6.

I don't really care to see north dakota ever again, I think WMU is a possibility, though I'm not a big fan of them. I'd love to see an Ivy league team come up but I don't think it's possible. GLI maybe though.

Huskies number 1 baby!!!!
                              MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                                I based it off how many votes each got, not total submissions so it might just not be a big enough sample size yet.

http://postimg.org/image/reztptl3n/

Comment

Working...
                                X