This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    WMTU is not exactly a breeding ground for sportscasting...
    While true, I've done radio at WMTU and have done PbP and Color at WXOU, an MAB winning station. There is some talent at WMTU, just have to find interested people.

Besides, I know a guy who is an expert with sports broadcasting that is in Marquette now that would love a shot at the Color gig. A guy who has won MAB awards for PbP and Color while at WXOU. I've worked with him many times, Dirk would be lucky to have him on the broadcast.
    Last edited by HuskyNation; 10-05-2014, 02:23 PM.

Comment

Re: Michigan Tech 2014-2015

Originally posted by HuskyNation View Post
      While true, I've done radio at WMTU and have done PbP and Color at WXOU, an MAB winning station. There is some talent at WMTU, just have to find interested people.
      For sure there is radio talent in the Communications Dept. just got to ask and unearth it

Comment

my point. how many times does UofM ask MSU employees to do their color? or vice versus. if we are going to commit to a classy Division I hockey program, which we have, by hiring tMel, we need to commit to the communication aspect too. Dirk is great. he should have his own color guy. and he should not have to read commercials during breaks. it demeans his franchise. and yes, I am a rocket scientist. well, in this case, I know my communications.
        Originally posted by mtu_huskies
        "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
        Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
        Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
          Tanner Kero is our best player.
          I hope the Wings take a look before the Wild Take him.
          Hopefully not.
          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
            my point. how many times does UofM ask MSU employees to do their color? or vice versus. if we are going to commit to a classy Division I hockey program, which we have, by hiring tMel, we need to commit to the communication aspect too. Dirk is great. he should have his own color guy. and he should not have to read commercials during breaks. it demeans his franchise. and yes, I am a rocket scientist. well, in this case, I know my communications.
            You nailed it. One of the many ways of becoming a winning program is not sounding like a losing one.

Comment

BEAUTIFUL 2nd goal for the Huskies by Blake P, quickly followed by another Huskies goal less then a minute later for a 3-1 lead.
              Ryan J
              Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
              https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
              Originally posted by geezer
              Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
              Originally posted by manurespreader
              ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Awesome puck movement on the PP for the one-timer bomb from #15 Johnstone!
                4-1 in favor of the HUSKIES!!!!!
                Ryan J

Comment

I thought Tech looked much more solid on Sunday and it was accurately reflected in the score. Pretty much a scoreless 3rd period until Tech added one in the last minute, but nice to see Tech get a lead and then keep their foot on the gas and not let LSSU back into the game. I hope that is the sign of an older team knowing that when you get a team down you don't let them get back up and give them any hope they can get back in the game.
                  Overall nice weekend by Tech.
                  Ryan J
                  Last edited by JohnsonsJerseys; 10-05-2014, 08:37 PM.

Comment

Phillips was much better today, giving up 1 goal and the offense continued to roll, 10 goals in 2 games and a road sweep of LSSU to start the season...now 2 weeks of nothing before MTU heads to FSU for a tougher challenge.
                    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Nice win tonight, 26 shots in a period is impressive!

Mel's postgame interview summary:
                      Good overall weekend considering practice time
                      Had a lot of guys play well
                      we will talk about penalty situation, need to relax and know what we're doing
                      Good mix on the ice, we have depth, every line can score, Steman/Hietila, and top scorers had a goal this weekend
                      Jamie made keys saves tonight in crtical moments
                      These are tough games with a not a ton of shots, great game
                      looking forwad to work on PP/PK forecheck, need to work on Dzone coverage
                      L'esperance real strong game, nice plays a few good shots
                      Auk was calm with the puck, he had a real good game, both guys will only get better
                      Overall really happy with our freshmen, there's guys in Houghton that could play too
                      When you win, want to keep playing, but have 2 weeks off then Ferris
                      Intrasquad game helping local junior hockey on Saturday, bring your skates for after the game, great for our players to interact with community

Comment

Still some things to work on before the Ferris games, but this was a very complete victory. Great job with a very important four points, boys!

Comment

Getting the sweep tonight was huge. There will be no easy goals or league points two weeks from now, in Big Rapids.

Some of the guys need to work on staying disciplined. The powerplay can only improve with more practice time, they should've had a couple more goals with the extra man this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by ColoToot View Post
                            I had problems with WCHA.TV. Lose the audio during the second and third periods after rebuffering. Anyone else have this problem???
                            I got kicked out once and it froze when trying to buffer a couple times but that could have been my wifi. The annoying thing is when it freezes it asks you to log in again. Then when I log in I get an error saying I'm logged in more than once. So am I logged in or not??? It always makes me re log in twice. In general it was okay. It just seems like we get less for more money this year. Maybe I'll make use of the mobile features when I'm traveling. That would make up for the price change.

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                              No complaints at all. I was able to watch our guys win and Ferris spanking Michigan at the same time. Running Chrome on Win7.

Although the lack of knowledge from the LSSU guys was a little comical at times. Wondering why they didn't call icing when he shot it in from outside the blue line... explaining how Pietila played his high school hockey in the U.P., etc.
                              Hey, go easy now, I was one of those guys

On the Pietila comment I got him mixed up with a former Gremlin player from a few years ago. Very similar name, remember him playing against Soo High.

As for wondering about an icing shot from outside a blueline, can't say I remember that one....but, then again icing can happen when the puck is shot outside a blueline, so not sure what this one is all about.

It's a good thing my goal for this year wasn't to go mistake-free, I'd be off to a rough start

Comment

Originally posted by Neil Diamond View Post
                                Hey, go easy now, I was one of those guys

On the Pietila comment I got him mixed up with a former Gremlin player from a few years ago. Very similar name, remember him playing against Soo High.

As for wondering about an icing shot from outside a blueline, can't say I remember that one....but, then again icing can happen when the puck is shot outside a blueline, so not sure what this one is all about.

It's a good thing my goal for this year wasn't to go mistake-free, I'd be off to a rough start
                                Sir, I apologize, I'm embarrassed now because it's easier making fun of "the other guys" when you think they're not listening. I figured the Pietila conversation was just a brain fart thinking of Ted P. of Kingsford who was a standout a couple years ago, or Joel P. from Houghton, or possibly even Blake Hietala who is also on the MTU team who played his freshman year in Houghton. Easy mixup to make with all the Pietila's skating around. The other call I thought of was when the puck was re-directed at the blue line and someone wondered if it shouldn't have been icing, easy play to miss.
                                Overall thanks for doing a tough job that I couldn't do, appreciate the dedication it takes, good luck to the Lakers here on out. You're right that the team put in a good strong effort and will win a bunch of games if they keep that edge.
                                Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                                USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Working...
                                X