This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 2014-2015

I don't think Blake and Tanner will let the Huskies come out complacent, but I do expect Ferris to come out guns loaded. We'll probably need to weather the storm for the first 5 minutes. Michigan found that out the hard way.

Comment

Tech has a Facebook post up about the Michigan series that says we are hosting the biggest name in hockey along with four of his friends. any idea who?
      Originally posted by mtu_huskies
      "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
      Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
      Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
        Tech has a Facebook post up about the Michigan series that says we are hosting the biggest name in hockey along with four of his friends. any idea who?
        I'd love to see any guesses about who the biggest name in hockey is. I'm guessing, during season, it's not an active player , coach or GM but there are other possible candidates (of course I'm excluding the obvious, Jamie Phillips, since everyone already knows he'll be there live).
        Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
        USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
          I'd love to see any guesses about who the biggest name in hockey is. I'm guessing, during season, it's not an active player , coach or GM but there are other possible candidates (of course I'm excluding the obvious, Jamie Phillips, since everyone already knows he'll be there live).
          First guess was Gordie Howe. But, I'm not so sure about his health and I didn't know who his "4 friends" would be. Maybe one of his sons and a few Wings alumni?

Second guess, since he's literally one of the biggest people in hockey is John Scott. The Sharks play in Minnesota Thursday night and then they are back in Cali for a Saturday night game against the Islanders, so if he were to go to a game at Tech this one fits his schedule fairly well. I have no idea who his four friends would be. Maybe his right and left fists? That's only two. If you count them twice based on the amount of damage they can cause you get to 4. Or maybe the Hale brothers are back to show their scars from when Scott decided to make a new faceoff dot with their blood. I don't know, but I suspect it's Scott.

Third guess is maybe Stevie Y is in the house on Friday for some scouting and he's meeting some other Wings?

Speculation is encouraged.

Comment

Originally posted by Broseph Stalin View Post
            Speculation is encouraged.
            Chara won't be playing that weekend, but he doesn't have any friends.
            http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=735886
            Ryan J

PS - My back-up guess would be "Stanley". They never said a person, just the biggest NAME. Stanley has LOTS of friends.
            Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
            https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
            Originally posted by geezer
            Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
            Originally posted by manurespreader
            ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

John Scott was my first thought, but I couldn't figure out the "four friends" either, and I immediately dismissed it because the NHL is in-season. Didn't know the Sharks would be in MN on Thursday night though.

Comment

Originally posted by redwing61 View Post
                Nice set of photos here.
                Check out the photo of the scrum where you can see the back of the #3 ref and look at the fans in the first row. You keep it classy Ferris...
                Ryan J

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                  Check out the photo of the scrum where you can see the back of the #3 ref and look at the fans in the first row. You keep it classy Ferris...
                  Ryan J
                  I noticed the one guy flipping the bird. Par for the course.

Comment

Huskies!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                      Huskies!!!!!!!!!
                      Not a bad showing against the preseason favorites in their own rink. These are huge points, plus we take two games off the board for Ferris. Way to go Tech!!!

Comment

Is this what a hockey team looks like?
                        2005-2006: 7-25-6
                        2006-2007: 18-17-5
                        2007-2008: 14-20-5
                        2008-2009: 6-25-7
                        2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

WOW what a great weekend, Phillips showing nobody's going to call him the weak link, has to be Defensive player of the week. Will look forward to Halloween night at the Mac.
                          Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                          USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                            WOW what a great weekend, Phillips showing nobody's going to call him the weak link, has to be Defensive player of the week. Will look forward to Halloween night at the Mac.
                            Agreed, has to be defensive player of the week, if not it's a complete robbery.
                            2005-2006: 7-25-6
                            2006-2007: 18-17-5
                            2007-2008: 14-20-5
                            2008-2009: 6-25-7
                            2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

Absolutely great win. No more PLC i'd venture.
                              I don't think we gave up a single pp goal all weekend.
                              Last edited by manurespreader; 10-25-2014, 08:38 PM.
                              MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Couldn't ask for a much better road weekend. Enjoy it for all of about 8 hours, and get right back it for the home opener.

Comment

Working...
                                X