Ferris State University 2014-15......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ferris State University 2014-15......

It's two days before the season starts. We probably should have one of these.

I've got a few thoughts, but they're all over the place. CJ Motte returns for his senior season, and 5 of the top 6 defensemen return. Scott Czarnowczan has graduated, and that is a big loss, but for the most part, the rest of the defensive corps returns. The annual problems we have scoring goals reared its head in a big way last season in the NCAA tournament, but this is how we've done things for quite some time: defense and goaltending. It's probably going to be how we roll again this year.

I'm fine with things, from a program perspective. I thought about this a few times this summer. These truly are the best times the program has had in its history. 2 conference championships in 3 years, 2 NCAA tournament appearances, a run to the national championship game. There's 59 (I think) D-1 programs in NCAA. Roughly 50 or so of those programs would happily take what we've accomplished over the last 3-5 years. Don't believe me? Care to refute that? Check the standings and the NCAA tournament brackets the last few years. If we compete to the end for the conference championship, get in the NCAA's and get to the quarters again, I'd be very pleased, again. I can defend this program without tearing someone else's program apart quite easily.

I used to be a VERY, VERY fierce critic of Bob Daniels, due to the lack of success and the way his teams carried themselves on the ice. He has done an absolutely remarkable job in turning both of those aspects around. He warrants no criticism whatsoever on those fronts. The same can be said for the university at this point, at least from my vantage point. The foolish 5 PM starts are a thing of the past, the attendance is up, and the student section appears to be bigger than ever.

Those of us that support this program, both here and around the arena, have every reason to be proud of this program. These are some good times. Let's enjoy this.

One more thing I'm going to address. While I am going to be in Big Rapids on Saturday night, I do not watch this team play all that much anymore. That's why I didn't write much of a preview. It's hard to comment on things you don't see with your own two eyes. If there is going to be much life to this thread, it's going to have to come from other Ferris supporters around here. I'll be around, but it's on you guys, now.

See you Saturday night.
    Last edited by Hammer; 10-02-2014, 09:04 PM.
    FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Re: Ferris State University 2014-15......

It's a fair write-up, Hammer. I need to see how Ferris will replace 133 points between losing four forwards and Czar. I know there is a good core up front- at least six guys had decent numbers last season. What's the word on your incoming freshmen? Obviously the defense, with 3 seniors and a juniors along with Motte will be the strength.

Comment

First one in the arena.

God, that was fun...

Comment

kick weasel butt.

your WCHA friends.
        Bowling Green St. Univ. '88 • SUNY Potsdam '79

Comment

3-0 Ferris, end 1

2 goals in the first 63 seconds.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
            3-0 Ferris, end 1

2 goals in the first 63 seconds.
            So this is why UMich dropped down to the B1G from the CCHA.
            BGSU Class of 2017

Comment

Dominic- great to see covering this game. Hope this leads to more.

Comment

4-1, end 2

God, that was fun...

Comment

Ferris hangs on 4-3

Much more later. Ive got a 3 hour drive.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Good Job Ferris! Way to show the Weasels the door!

Comment

Nice win! Keep carrying that WCHA banner!

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                        First one in the arena.
                        It only holds 4 people so that's not much of an accomplishment...

On a serious note nice win. You wanted it more and it showed.
                        Originally posted by alfablue
                        Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
                        Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
                        I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Great win! Scoring two goals so quickly really helped. I hope we can average four goals a game this year. UM clawed their way back in though. Can't let that kind of stuff happen.

Great start to the season!
                          "What I get paid for are the practices, I would play the games for nothing."
                          - Tim Horton

Ferris State University
                          CCHA Champions 2003 & 2012

Comment

Nice win.
                            *I always enjoy seeing the weasels lose.
                            GO DU !!!

Comment

Wow. Tremendous game last night. We came out smoking, and then to get the shorty last in the 2nd to put us up 4-1 was huge.

As for the atmosphere and the student section...incredible. You guys outdid yourselves last night. I don't think I've ever seen our student section that full that early. And to have that energy all night. Absolutely awesome.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Working...
                              X