Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Miami University 2014-2015: It's a long way to the top if you want to rock and roll.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miami University 2014-2015: It's a long way to the top if you want to rock and roll.

Can't finish any lower in The National than last season, but another year for the young group and no early departures, have the team predicted to finish second this year.

Play the Chief song!

Re: Miami University 2014-2015: It's a long way to the top if you want to rock and ro

This should be a big year. All the talent on paper in the world but will they gel on the ice and can the blue line improve?
    http://blogofbrotherhood.com

Comment

Re: Miami University 2014-2015: It's a long way to the top if you want to rock and ro

Woooo Hockey Season! As I sit here watching Miami work hard to continue their nation-leading losing streak in football, I need some hockey even more than usual. Dragging my feet on buying the NCHC.tv package, despite knowing I'll ultimately give in. I guess it is worth the price if it works well and consistently, but I'm skeptical that that will happen.
      Love and honor to Miami forever and a day. Go RedHawks!

Comment

My stream started late and I'm not figuring out how to make it full screen.

JK I had to mess with my browser settings and finally got it full screen.
        Last edited by SweeneyHawksHockey; 10-04-2014, 07:10 PM.
        2014-15 NCAA Weekly Pick'em Overall and NCAA Tournament Champion

Love and Honor

Comment

Originally posted by SweeneyHawksHockey View Post
          My stream started late and I'm not figuring out how to make it full screen.

JK I had to mess with my browser settings and finally got it full screen.
          How's the quality? I'm debating whether to go in for the conference package or just stick with Miami. Only real benefit to the former for me would be conference tournament games, since I'm unlikely to watch many non-Miami games.

Comment

Guess I should eat my words... The football team pulls out an unlikely win and the hockey team drops a 3-0 decision to the U-18. If anyone actually attended or watched, any thoughts on the team?

Comment

Alright, gave in and bought the NCHC.tv package. Not impressed right now with the quality. The stream is steady and consistent, but it is far from HD quality. Maybe that will change with the regular season . . . ?

Comment

Originally posted by RedhawkBandMan View Post
                Alright, gave in and bought the NCHC.tv package. Not impressed right now with the quality. The stream is steady and consistent, but it is far from HD quality. Maybe that will change with the regular season . . . ?
                St. Cloud, Nodak, and CC feeds all look legit.

Comment

So no mullin this year eh?

Comment

Originally posted by nodak651 View Post
                    St. Cloud, Nodak, and CC feeds all look legit.
                    I watched some of the NoDak game... definitely much better video quality than what Miami was producing.

Comment

Curious if you guys think Belpedio will get a lot of playing time this year and if you think he'll have good offensive numbers his freshman year.

Now that I think about it, same question regarding Dornbrock as well
                      Last edited by SCSU Euro; 10-08-2014, 07:34 PM.
                      tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

I think Belpedio will get a lot of playing time this year. With defense being our number one issue last year I think Belpedio will have a great opportunity to step in right away and play quite a few minutes. As for offensive production I think Belpedio could do pretty well. Other than Caito on occasion, none of the defenseman contributed much on the offensive end last year so I think Belpedio could provide an offensive spark. It looks like Rico was using him some on the powerplay in the exhibitions and I saw on a few occasions he was getting pretty deep into the offensive zone so I think he'll get his share of points this year.

As of for Dornbrock, he brings some size that Miami lacked last year so I think he will definitely get his shot this year to jump right in and contribute every weekend. With 9 defensemen on the roster it will be interesting to see how Rico deploys the troops and how he gameplans particular matchups.

Love and Honor

Comment

I think I'm going to test the WCHA.tv waters tonight and purchase a 24 hr subscription. Hopefully I am not regretting this decision at about 7:10 when the feed isn't working.

Looking forward to the season getting underway. Hopefully the guys come out flying and get the first W of the season on the road.

Love and Honor

Comment

Originally posted by RedhawkBandMan View Post
                            It's the school's cameras that are being used. So, get used to it. Until Miami invests in a real camera, well, it's always going to look like ****.

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                              Curious if you guys think Belpedio will get a lot of playing time this year and if you think he'll have good offensive numbers his freshman year.

Now that I think about it, same question regarding Dornbrock as well
                              Yes to Belpedio. No to Dornbrock though he did play last night with vets Matt Caito and Matt Joyaux sitting out. Dornbrock added some toughness to the blue line but I can't see him seeing a ton of ice. But, what do I know?

Comment

Working...
                              X